Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,150 members, 7,849,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:50 AM

"All Tribes Are Guilty In Destroying Nigeria - Stop Blaming Northerners" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "All Tribes Are Guilty In Destroying Nigeria - Stop Blaming Northerners" (6356 Views)

What Was Your Role In Destroying The Nigerian Economy? / Jonathan Destroying Nigeria Before Handover – APC / South Africa Cautions Nigeria - Stop The Insults (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "All Tribes Are Guilty In Destroying Nigeria - Stop Blaming Northerners" by segbod: 6:28pm On Mar 15, 2012
U av all contributed well, for God sake, mary gave birth to Jesus Christ is history,let's find solution be4 its too late. And if d solution is 4 nigeria to break,den let's break up & form 3 nations like sudan. Stop accusing each other.
Re: "All Tribes Are Guilty In Destroying Nigeria - Stop Blaming Northerners" by logica(m): 9:18pm On Mar 15, 2012
Oh, so Awo destroyed the Nigerian Federal structure? I thought that blame went to Ironsi (Igbo) who started the Unitary System by decree, which by the way led to riots especially in the North where it was thought this was proof of an Igbo agenda to dominate as the Unitary System implied that an Igbo man in the Civil Service could be posted to the North (which was not the case before Ironsi came along).

After the "counter coup" of July '66 the Northerners decided to keep the status quo as they now held all the cards, and were ever so grateful to Ironsi for providing them with a platform for domination.

So once again, who destroyed the Nigerian Federal structure?
Re: "All Tribes Are Guilty In Destroying Nigeria - Stop Blaming Northerners" by cfours: 10:27pm On Mar 15, 2012
The reason why most people on nairaland blame the north is because northerners are not here to represent and defend themselves. They are more connected to Arab civilization than to the English civilization.
point is: most southern Nigerians are very ignorant when it comes to northerners and northern matters.

Ignorance is NOT bliss.

and yes, I agree that all tribes in Nigeria are guilty as charged. no tribe is spotless or free of corruption.
Re: "All Tribes Are Guilty In Destroying Nigeria - Stop Blaming Northerners" by T9ksy(m): 11:18pm On Mar 15, 2012
@ Op, suffice for me to say, "uneasy lies the head that wears the crown".

Nor can there be two kings in an empire.
Re: "All Tribes Are Guilty In Destroying Nigeria - Stop Blaming Northerners" by OIbhagui(m): 11:29pm On Mar 15, 2012
Most Nigerians are guilty of destroying Nigeria in their own small way. It is rooted in a wrong value system in this country which cuts across tribe. All over this Nairaland I've got to say, its all tribe and tribe and insults being hurled everywhere with little exchange of knowledge or evidence of intellect. I believe it is representative of the Nigerian society.
Re: "All Tribes Are Guilty In Destroying Nigeria - Stop Blaming Northerners" by OIbhagui(m): 12:06am On Mar 16, 2012
I weep for this country because I can see this is the best we've got. We do not even understand the issues we fret about. Somebody please help me escape from this country once again. I can give my advice from afar and if you don't take it, at least I don't suffer with you. I've only got one life which has been in limbo for almost 40 years because I was born here.

I've reflected a great deal about life and the world. I really have no cause to blame caucasian racists -- and I have been their victim. The black man has been a blight on the human race. If I didn't know myself very well, in addition to a few other blacks I have read about, I would concur that we are indeed born inferior.
Re: "All Tribes Are Guilty In Destroying Nigeria - Stop Blaming Northerners" by dgenuisreborn(m): 12:49am On Mar 16, 2012
i think you used a wrong approach. revisit post
Re: "All Tribes Are Guilty In Destroying Nigeria - Stop Blaming Northerners" by Vavavoom(m): 10:29am On Mar 16, 2012
Our continued failure isn't borne out of foresight or dearth of knowledge but as a result of a conscious and deliberate choice to put self/region above nation. It is true that in the history of other nations we can point to this same malice but must we thread that road? Must we go through the wilderness if there exist an alternative all-encompassing, all-embracing route to the top of the mountain? I find it hard to swallow that in a world where the route to success has a map we have navigated purposefully ontoward self-destruction.

The question is how can we create statesmen/nationalist out of a system that has eschewed necessary values requisite for statehood?
Except we make a different pass as a people, a U-turn we will have to accept that the nouveau-riche from amongst our tribes will only become keener in maintaining the status quo.

Be alert to self-criticism, purge self whenever, after all the people we often times cite for our backwardness maybe powerful but without our connivance willfully or wide indifference they hardly will be our oppressors.
Re: "All Tribes Are Guilty In Destroying Nigeria - Stop Blaming Northerners" by hasyak(m): 10:55am On Mar 16, 2012
Be careful for what you wish for, for your prayers might be answered?
Re: "All Tribes Are Guilty In Destroying Nigeria - Stop Blaming Northerners" by Slizbeat(m): 11:44am On Mar 16, 2012
@darui, wat has the quaranic and scientific method gat to solve?
Re: "All Tribes Are Guilty In Destroying Nigeria - Stop Blaming Northerners" by member479760: 12:14pm On Mar 16, 2012
na dem wey start war wey dem no fit win destroyed this country.
Re: "All Tribes Are Guilty In Destroying Nigeria - Stop Blaming Northerners" by Sagamite(m): 1:08pm On Mar 16, 2012
Although all tribes contribute to the destruction of Nigeria, I will say it publicly that the North contributes more and are the main problem in terms of progress of the nation.

I will not beat the bush about it. I will be blunt!

- The North have produced majority of the leaders or held political power based on mass, the guns and more willingness to lose their lives. These leaders have been corrupt, uneducated and selfish. They have led Nigeria backwards. Yet, till this day, the North wants to rule and yet their political system only generates corrupt cretins for us to vote for. Imagine the cretins in ACF producing Atiku for Nigerian president.

- The North is the most academically backward and yet they want to hold majority of the key post in civil service. We have mostly poorly educated and under-self-developed charlatans running government institutions. Which is one of the reasons why our public sector is useless and virtually all public parastatals fail. We have bad infrastructure, services and shyt.

- The erratic and unwarranted violence and killings the North intermmitently unleashes in Nigeria is holding the country back as investors run with their money or find it incredibly expensive to operate in Nigeria. The leaders in the North are happy to keep the vast majority of Northerners ignorant, poor and feral. Worse still, no one gets arrested or punished because some cretins do not want to offend or see the perpetrators as religious brothers. Then you see our dumb rulers begging for "everyone to stay calm".

- The combined sense of all these: Born to rule, quota system, intolerance, lack of meritocracy, lack of justice etc is leading to a sense of injustice and hopelessness that is creating a bad culture and mentality amongst Nigerians.

All those are seriously dragging Nigeria back. The North is holding Nigeria back. Assessing all the fundamentals that make a country great or progress will show that some action of the North has a significant hand in throwing spanners in the works.
Re: "All Tribes Are Guilty In Destroying Nigeria - Stop Blaming Northerners" by Afam4eva(m): 1:25pm On Mar 16, 2012
Sagamite: Although all tribes contribute to the destruction of Nigeria, I will say it publicly that the North contributes more and are the main problem in terms of progress of the nation.

I will not beat the bush about it. I will be blunt!

- The North have produced majority of the leaders or held political power based on mass, the guns and more willingness to lose their lives. These leaders have been corrupt, uneducated and selfish. They have led Nigeria backwards. Yet, till this day, the North wants to rule and yet their political system only generates corrupt cretins for us to vote for. Imagine the cretins in ACF producing Atiku for Nigerian president.

- The North is the most academically backward and yet they want to hold majority of the key post in civil service. We have mostly poorly educated and under-self-developed charlatans running government institutions. Which is one of the reasons why our public sector is useless and virtually all public parastatals fail. We have bad infrastructure, services and shyt.

- The erratic and unwarranted violence and killings the North intermmitently unleashes in Nigeria is holding the country back as investors run with their money or find it incredibly expensive to operate in Nigeria. The leaders in the North are happy to keep the vast majority of Northerners ignorant, poor and feral. Worse still, no one gets arrested or punished because some cretins do not want to offend or see the perpetrators as religious brothers. The you see our dumb rulers begging for "everyone to stay calm".

- The combined sense of all these: Born to rule, quota system, intolerance, lack of meritocracy, lack of justice etc is leading to a sense of injustice and hopelessness that is creating a bad culture and mentality amongst Nigerians.

All those are seriously dragging Nigeria back. The North is holding Nigeria back. Assessing all the fundamentals that make a country great or progress will show that some action of the North has a significant hand in throwing spanners in the works.

The highlighted is what is killing this country and that's what the north uses to supress other people.
Re: "All Tribes Are Guilty In Destroying Nigeria - Stop Blaming Northerners" by Dede1(m): 1:52pm On Mar 16, 2012
@POST

This is a nonsensical and unacceptable kneejerk job to rope Ndigbo and Biafrans into the unholy mess perpetrated in Nigeria by those who fought Biafra. Nigeria’s state of ugly affairs started when certain moronic chuckleheads shun the idea of meritocracy, justice, seniority, and embraced the idea of cowardice, nepotism and sycophancy.

The water had already passed under the bridge and the only solution to Nigeria’s mess is disintegration.
Re: "All Tribes Are Guilty In Destroying Nigeria - Stop Blaming Northerners" by guycraze: 4:41pm On Mar 16, 2012
Darlyn Cake long anticipated music video is out. He is a multi talented R & B, Hip-Hop artist that has a unique flow and style like nothing you've come across.
A lovely video from Darlyn Cake, Radically Clean Enlightment and good directing skills from Lex Ten Flick Production.

THIS GUY IS BAD TO THE CHORE.
DARLYN CAKE is his name
SOLJA is the song name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA34fH4Kqss
Re: "All Tribes Are Guilty In Destroying Nigeria - Stop Blaming Northerners" by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 16, 2012
nagoma: [/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][b][/b]

@Yujin
@Darui
@re@lchange

The poster is right and very sensible in his assessment but there are people with a mindset of being from faultlesss tribes and must heap blames on a perceived opresssor tribal or religious group and that will not support any progress. It is true that when it comes to power , patronage and corruption a group of people comprising of all tribes share the power and the loot but when it comes to aportioning blame , the tribal warriors come out in full force to show how saintly and how deprived their tribes were/are. Tafawa Balewa's government of NNA(Nigerian National alliance) was a coalition government of NPC and NCNC untill the igbo majors first and most violent coup in Nigeria in 1966. Gowon in his government depended very much on people like Awolowo, Akinwele Way, Col. Adebayo and the few like Mobolaji Johnson who became rich despite the credibility of the majority in those times. In Murtalas government was infact carried on by his deputy Osanjo, Philip Asiodu (later Uzoma Onyi of Asaba) was an important technocrat guiding both Murtala and OBJ. Shagari had Alex Ekweme IBB worked with Aikhomu and Falaye at the Highest level with Richard Akinjide dispensing justice and the most powerful party chairman ever in Nigeria, Akinloye giving guidance to the party and the whole country.Abatcha had Diya and Akhibe. Obasanjos democracy had Atiku and others and Yar Adua came with Jonathan and you know who the ministers were. At the moment we have Jonathan ,Sambo and Pius Ayim. So what has the seasonal fisherman in Argungu or the peasant farmer in Jigawa got to do with governance and money?
My friend Yulin went on to talk about fulani herdsmen without any current or historical knowledge of animal rearing and faring in Nigeria. How can fulani herdsmen claim land? Land is the least of their worries and land ownership in not in their culture - they use land , die and leave it no fulani herdsman own land for your information.They dont want to.It is funny how some southerners think that because they are "educated" then they must rule everybody - nonsense.Governance is representation. It is not a school. "Out of school you are judged not by your gades but by the promises you keep and by the changes you bring". I want you to recite that at all times youngman. By the way the most highly educated president Nigeria has Phd Jonathan is also the worst performing leader in our history- how about that? @Yujin
[b][b]
[/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][b][/b]

@Yujin
@Darui
@re@lchange

The poster is right and very sensible in his assessment but there are people with a mindset of being from faultlesss tribes and must heap blames on a perceived opresssor tribal or religious group and that will not support any progress. It is true that when it comes to power , patronage and corruption a group of people comprising of all tribes share the power and the loot but when it comes to aportioning blame , the tribal warriors come out in full force to show how saintly and how deprived their tribes were/are. Tafawa Balewa's government of NNA(Nigerian National alliance) was a coalition government of NPC and NCNC untill the igbo majors first and most violent coup in Nigeria in 1966. Gowon in his government depended very much on people like Awolowo, Akinwele Way, Col. Adebayo and the few like Mobolaji Johnson who became rich despite the credibility of the majority in those times. In Murtalas government was infact carried on by his deputy Osanjo, Philip Asiodu (later Uzoma Onyi of Asaba) was an important technocrat guiding both Murtala and OBJ. Shagari had Alex Ekweme IBB worked with Aikhomu and Falaye at the Highest level with Richard Akinjide dispensing justice and the most powerful party chairman ever in Nigeria, Akinloye giving guidance to the party and the whole country.Abatcha had Diya and Akhibe. Obasanjos democracy had Atiku and others and Yar Adua came with Jonathan and you know who the ministers were. At the moment we have Jonathan ,Sambo and Pius Ayim. So what has the seasonal fisherman in Argungu or the peasant farmer in Jigawa got to do with governance and money?
My friend Yulin went on to talk about fulani herdsmen without any current or historical knowledge of animal rearing and faring in Nigeria. How can fulani herdsmen claim land? Land is the least of their worries and land ownership in not in their culture - they use land , die and leave it no fulani herdsman own land for your information.They dont want to.It is funny how some southerners think that because they are "educated" then they must rule everybody - nonsense.Governance is representation. It is not a school. "Out of school you are judged not by your gades but by the promises you keep and by the changes you bring". I want you to recite that at all times youngman. By the way the most highly educated president Nigeria has Phd Jonathan is also the worst performing leader in our history- how about that? @Yujin
[/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][/b][b]

@Yujin
@Darui
@re@lchange

My friend Yulin went on to talk about fulani herdsmen without any current or historical knowledge of animal rearing and faring in Nigeria. How can fulani herdsmen claim land? Land is the least of their worries and land ownership in not in their culture - they use land , die and leave it no fulani herdsman own land for your information.They dont want to.It is funny how some southerners think that because they are "educated" then they must rule everybody - nonsense.Governance is representation. It is not a school. "Out of school you are judged not by your gades but by the promises you keep and by the changes you bring". I want you to recite that at all times youngman. By the way the most highly educated president Nigeria has Phd Jonathan is also the worst performing leader in our history- how about that? [b]@Yujin
I can't see how he would be worse than babangida or abacha.
Re: "All Tribes Are Guilty In Destroying Nigeria - Stop Blaming Northerners" by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 16, 2012
Slizbeat: @darui, wat has the quaranic and scientific method gat to solve?
Sorry it took long to reply. See, religion can easily be used to poison minds. I am a muslim,so I know. Most of what some madrassas teach is memorization of the Quranic verses. They interpret it for you,you don't actually know what you are reading. There is great potential for misinterpretation of the verses by some diabolical alfas. Most of my alfas are great people with impeccable characters. I have visited the core north, this is not the case over there. They even have the gut to call me an infidel,a fake. This is where scientific education comes in. If you are educated enough, you will be able to separate the good from the bad. You will strive to actually learn and interpret arabic verses by yourself. No one will be able to use you anyhow. You will become truly enlightened.
This is what I believe the Northern leaders fear. The emancipation of their own people. They caged them mentally,psychologically in ignorance of even their own religion. I think if they are faced with a stark reality of Nigeria's break up, they will sit up and buckle down. Instead,they are busy plotting how to grab power at all cost.
So,my friend,this is the use of the Quranic education and scientific method. They are not necessarily mutually exclusive
Note- I do not claim the 'north' is our only problem. But solving their problem(which is now our problem) will go a long way in solving Nigeria's security challenges,under development,corruption and a host of other problems.
Re: "All Tribes Are Guilty In Destroying Nigeria - Stop Blaming Northerners" by OIbhagui(m): 4:44am On Mar 18, 2012
^ I really do think your position is realised by those holding the veil around the eyes of those people and can only make them hold it even more tenaciously. I sincerely believe their own war with anyone is to avoid being exposed. Only a bona fide northern muslim who agrees with our point of view can have any hope of success in this fight. Please find literature on Mustafa Kemal A.K.A Ataturk to see what has already taken place. I rank him as one of my greatest heroes. If you have any issue, please get back to me
Re: "All Tribes Are Guilty In Destroying Nigeria - Stop Blaming Northerners" by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 27, 2012
^^^^Salute, brother
Re: "All Tribes Are Guilty In Destroying Nigeria - Stop Blaming Northerners" by Dede1(m): 8:49pm On Apr 27, 2012
@Durai,

You are spot with the post. There is corruption everywhere in the world and it depends how the people handle the symptoms. The goofy author of the piece of crap cited the large size of delusional acreage of Nigeria as a hedge to swim into abundant socio-politico-economic upswing while he or she posited the tiny nature of Oduduwa, Biafra or Arewa constitute a hindrance. Did the semi-blinded mor0n hear or see small countries such as Israel established themselves in the world as a power to be reckoned both industrially and militarily?

@nagoma

There was/is no basis to have Nigeria as constituted. So your attempt to help the original author to rope everybody into the mess called Nigeria is laughable. Before and after Nigeria’s independence, most Nigerians include Tafawa Balewa knew the endeavor known as Nigeria was a waste of human resources when he said that “Nigeria was only a country on a paper”.

As for your slide show of NNA, it was not a coalition of NPC and NCNC but that of NPC, NNDP and NDC while NCNC and AG formed UPGA. Granted the Nigerian government from its independence was a coalition government of NPC and NCNC, the NPC and northern elites never behaved as such. Cases in point were the quota system in officer’s cadet intake into the army introduced by NPC in 1961 while opposed by NCNC and 1964 bloated census figure in favor of northern region as opposed by NCNC. What of the shameful and rapid promotion of Zakaria Maimalari to the rank of Brigadier because he was a northerner when, in fact, he should not have been anything beyond the rank of Lt Col as well as order incidences of nepotism precipitated by NPC and northern regional political elites of the era.

1 Like

Re: "All Tribes Are Guilty In Destroying Nigeria - Stop Blaming Northerners" by cfours: 7:29pm On Apr 29, 2012
wonderful thread that should be on the front page!!
Re: "All Tribes Are Guilty In Destroying Nigeria - Stop Blaming Northerners" by Sagamite(m): 3:24pm On May 02, 2012
Darui:
Sorry it took long to reply. See, religion can easily be used to poison minds. I am a muslim,so I know. Most of what some madrassas teach is memorization of the Quranic verses. They interpret it for you,you don't actually know what you are reading. There is great potential for misinterpretation of the verses by some diabolical alfas. Most of my alfas are great people with impeccable characters. I have visited the core north, this is not the case over there. They even have the gut to call me an infidel,a fake. This is where scientific education comes in. If you are educated enough, you will be able to separate the good from the bad. You will strive to actually learn and interpret arabic verses by yourself. No one will be able to use you anyhow. You will become truly enlightened.
This is what I believe the Northern leaders fear. The emancipation of their own people. They caged them mentally,psychologically in ignorance of even their own religion. I think if they are faced with a stark reality of Nigeria's break up, they will sit up and buckle down. Instead,they are busy plotting how to grab power at all cost.
So,my friend,this is the use of the Quranic education and scientific method. They are not necessarily mutually exclusive
Note- I do not claim the 'north' is our only problem. But solving their problem(which is now our problem) will go a long way in solving Nigeria's security challenges,under development,corruption and a host of other problems.

This is where I have a problem with most muslims.

If this kind of SHYT is happening and then people want to slaughter such useless souls that "misinterpret" the Quran so that we end their evil, hardly would the muslims that do not "misinterpret" the Quran join the campaign to end it. They will still engage in the whole "Islamic brothers and sisters BS", instead of denouncing completely the MOOORONS! They apparently "can't" condemn their brothers and sisters in cooperation with "kaffirs".

As I have always said, to end the so-called "misinterpretation", MUSLIMS have to be the ones shouting the loudest and fighting the hardest to condemn it.
Re: "All Tribes Are Guilty In Destroying Nigeria - Stop Blaming Northerners" by Cutekid54: 2:39pm On Oct 15, 2012
I believe we (Nigerians am nt categorizing nw) can still make our country proud, 1st of all we need to empower d youth n even d old n children in d north d@ knowledge n education is a basic requirement to bring back 9ja n d only way to do dese is by,telling pple dey look up to (like dey celebrate dier celebrities alot d educated ones among d celebs) e.g Ali Nuhu can help dem to realise d@ dier leaders (including religious) r d bigots d@ dnt want to c dem suceed, if dey say dey dont want education, let dem reason to diz; wiv education in 9ja we r still suffering frm bad govt 9jerians need to read to know dier ryt n be able to think of d way forward (esp d notherners), dey also need to know d@ 9jeria is a democratic country n so sharia law is nt acceptable n dey shud be tolerant, tolerant as in nt every lil misunderstanding shud lead to blood shed am sure, d biafrans,southerns n westerners r ready to work wiv dem if only dey can empower demselves thru edu n can accept d@ it doesnt always av to be abt dem

(1) (2) (Reply)

Itsekiri Pple Commented On Social Networks About Vanquard Headline About Biafra / The Future Of Yorubaland, Bayo Adedayo Writes To Tinubu / Breaking! Peter Obi Hugged Two Young Lady In Owerri Today - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.