Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Abia Govt Shows Pictures Of Projects, Says Governor Is Working - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Govt Shows Pictures Of Projects, Says Governor Is Working (3422 Views)

Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects / Buhari Was Stoned In Bayelsa, Says Governor Dickson / NSA’s Family Member Being Held By Insurgents, Says Governor Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Govt Shows Pictures Of Projects, Says Governor Is Working by emindu: 10:47am On Mar 15, 2012
Abia state Government has said the criticism against the state Governor are unfounded as Governor T.A Orji has embarked upon massive projects aimed at giving a face-lift to the state.The Government through the Press Secretary to the Governor, Ugochuwkwu Emezue said Governor Orji has placed heavy emphasis on Aba and its environ and has spent over N5 Billion on road projects in the commercial city.Abia state governor Chief T. A. Orji has vowed to transform Abia state with special emphasis on Aba.But Prince Nnanna Ukaegbu, the Chairman of APGA in the state, said roads have been completely abandoned by the state government.These are factual issues. Debunking the claims through a press statement is not enough to convince the people. If they are serious, let them assemble a media team who will tour the roads and come up with a true picture of the situation of roads in Aba,” Ukaegbu said.Emezue who supplied pictures of copmpleted and on-going road projects in Aba and other parts of the State said “in the past few months this governor no longer sits in his office, he is busy at the sites supervising these projects to ensure that contractors are doing their jobs to specification.Right now the governor has spent over five billion naira in Aba alone on road projects. Some of the roads include Aba Owerri, a federal road rehabilitated by the governor. Everybody in Aba knows the state of this road before it was rehabilitated by Ochendo’s government.lso faulks road has been reconstructed such that those going to Ariaria can now heave a sigh of relief. Ukwumango which used to link Portharcourt express road to Ariaria market which had been impassable, is being worked upon, in fact many say that making this road passable again is one of Ochendo's gift to Aba people. In a matter of weeks the road will be asphalted. Other roads are Ohanku road, Ama ikonnne, Ama Ogbonna road.Aba alone is witnessing the construction and rehabilitation of over 33 roads; most of these roads are nearing completion.In Aba the Governor has constructed an over head bridge at Abia poly to ensure that the students are protected. At the entrance of Aba, the usual chaotic nature at osisoma junction, has given way to a lush green park, which is part of Ochendo's beautification of Aba.The governor is also constructing a new motor park at Osisioma.In Abia state university teaching hospital an ultra modern theater hall is being built for the student doctors, while a high court building is under construction in Aba.In umuahia the governor is building new roads and rehabilitating old ones. Bende road, which is a federal road, is being dualized. Ubakala road which is a federal road has been dualized, Ossah road, a federal road was commissioned by president jonathan few months ago. Other roads are ohafia road,ozuabam road, Amuzukwu road which has been commissioned. Okwoyi road, ochendo by pass at new Umuahia has been completed. In isikwuato, the Nuya road is almost nearing completion. Just to mention few.In health, the governor has built two diagnostic centers one in Umuahia and one in Aba recently commissioned by Jonathan. The governor has built 210 health centers across the state.In housing we have the Amaokwe and Isieke housing estates.A new secretarial for Abia workers is at the roofing level, while an international conference center, a new government house, and a high court building are under construction in Umuahia.”

Re: Abia Govt Shows Pictures Of Projects, Says Governor Is Working by Afam4eva(m): 11:23am On Mar 15, 2012
For the first time i'm seeing a picture from Abia. But it has to be ascertained that that is a picture of Abia. Secondly, we have to be sure that it's a new picture and was built in Theo's tenure.
Re: Abia Govt Shows Pictures Of Projects, Says Governor Is Working by manchy7531: 1:08pm On Mar 15, 2012
are you sure those pictures are from abia cos they look like some places in osun and oyo states
Re: Abia Govt Shows Pictures Of Projects, Says Governor Is Working by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:12pm On Mar 15, 2012
The new layout of this website takes some getting used to, and makes me dizzy just looking at it. Just decided to log-on to reply to this and another topic on Awka being the least developed capital city in Nigeria, as i'm mainly interested in topics pertaining to development in the South East.

On topic: i'll have to say Orji has tried, but when things are done, they should be done well so they not only appeal aestheticaly, but are functional, durable and stand the test of time.

Looking at the pictures posted, a few negatives to point out would be:

-the accumulation of dust/dirt on the sides/verges of the new roads;

-the complete lack of sidewalks (esp' in the second picture), which would inevitably lead to a battle for right of way between pedestrians and vehicles (and lets face it, there can be only one winner in such a battle);

-the lack of street lights on some of the roads;

-the lack of road markings;

-open drainages (already showing a piling up of rubbish), which besides being an archaic/3rd world way of road construction, is also dangerous, unappealing, and a breeding ground for 'moskkies'.

-the absence of newly planted trees and greenery on both side of the new roads that would help purify the air (by reducing carbon monoxide emitted by vehicles) and improve the aesthetics of the environment (some roads in Owerri give an idea of what i mean).

Anything worth doing is worth doing well, so it's not too late for a few remedial measures being carried out where needed.

He's tried anyway, and i'll give him 7/10 for what I've seen; inspite of the issues i raised above, the roads look solid. smiley

The pics show an Enugu and Owerri road.

Re: Abia Govt Shows Pictures Of Projects, Says Governor Is Working by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 15, 2012
^^i fit employ that horticulturist to do my lawn o cheesy^^i fit employ that horticulturist to do my lawn o
Re: Abia Govt Shows Pictures Of Projects, Says Governor Is Working by Abagworo(m): 6:28pm On Mar 15, 2012
Those pictures may be Umuahia but not Aba. I will tour the Southeast this Easter and post pictures from Onitsha, Nnewi, Owerri, Aba and Awka. That will put an end to all these Peter Obi and Theodore Orji sycophants on Nairaland. Owerri surely will never disappoint.
Re: Abia Govt Shows Pictures Of Projects, Says Governor Is Working by chosen04(f): 6:29pm On Mar 15, 2012
emindu: Abia state Government has said the criticism against the state Governor are unfounded as Governor T.A Orji has embarked upon massive projects aimed at giving a face-lift to the state.The Government through the Press Secretary to the Governor, Ugochuwkwu Emezue said Governor Orji has placed heavy emphasis on Aba and its environ and has spent over N5 Billion on road projects in the commercial city.Abia state governor Chief T. A. Orji has vowed to transform Abia state with special emphasis on Aba.But Prince Nnanna Ukaegbu, the Chairman of APGA in the state, said roads have been completely abandoned by the state government.These are factual issues. Debunking the claims through a press statement is not enough to convince the people. If they are serious, let them assemble a media team who will tour the roads and come up with a true picture of the situation of roads in Aba,” Ukaegbu said.Emezue who supplied pictures of copmpleted and on-going road projects in Aba and other parts of the State said “in the past few months this governor no longer sits in his office, he is busy at the sites supervising these projects to ensure that contractors are doing their jobs to specification.Right now the governor has spent over five billion naira in Aba alone on road projects. Some of the roads include Aba Owerri, a federal road rehabilitated by the governor. Everybody in Aba knows the state of this road before it was rehabilitated by Ochendo’s government.lso faulks road has been reconstructed such that those going to Ariaria can now heave a sigh of relief. Ukwumango which used to link Portharcourt express road to Ariaria market which had been impassable, is being worked upon, in fact many say that making this road passable again is one of Ochendo's gift to Aba people. In a matter of weeks the road will be asphalted. Other roads are Ohanku road, Ama ikonnne, Ama Ogbonna road.Aba alone is witnessing the construction and rehabilitation of over 33 roads; most of these roads are nearing completion.In Aba the Governor has constructed an over head bridge at Abia poly to ensure that the students are protected. At the entrance of Aba, the usual chaotic nature at osisoma junction, has given way to a lush green park, which is part of Ochendo's beautification of Aba.The governor is also constructing a new motor park at Osisioma.In Abia state university teaching hospital an ultra modern theater hall is being built for the student doctors, while a high court building is under construction in Aba.In umuahia the governor is building new roads and rehabilitating old ones. Bende road, which is a federal road, is being dualized. Ubakala road which is a federal road has been dualized, Ossah road, a federal road was commissioned by president jonathan few months ago. Other roads are ohafia road,ozuabam road, Amuzukwu road which has been commissioned. Okwoyi road, ochendo by pass at new Umuahia has been completed. In isikwuato, the Nuya road is almost nearing completion. Just to mention few.In health, the governor has built two diagnostic centers one in Umuahia and one in Aba recently commissioned by Jonathan. The governor has built 210 health centers across the state.In housing we have the Amaokwe and Isieke housing estates.A new secretarial for Abia workers is at the roofing level, while an international conference center, a new government house, and a high court building are under construction in Umuahia.”

I use to think that paragraphing of write-ups were taught in all schools. . . . .
Re: Abia Govt Shows Pictures Of Projects, Says Governor Is Working by EzeUche(m): 8:32pm On Mar 15, 2012
That is not Aba. That is Umuahia. . . Same state, but different city. smiley
Re: Abia Govt Shows Pictures Of Projects, Says Governor Is Working by noiseless: 9:21pm On Mar 15, 2012
This shows despite their propaganda obi and orji are not doing enough, very disapointing.
Re: Abia Govt Shows Pictures Of Projects, Says Governor Is Working by noiseless: 9:23pm On Mar 15, 2012
This shows despite their propaganda obi and orji are not doing enough, very disapointing.
Re: Abia Govt Shows Pictures Of Projects, Says Governor Is Working by noiseless: 9:24pm On Mar 15, 2012
Re: Abia Govt Shows Pictures Of Projects, Says Governor Is Working by noiseless: 9:28pm On Mar 15, 2012
This sharialand is confusing me i don't know how to quote a comment,what is the matter?

(1) (Reply)

Rural Niger Delta In Clear Picture / Ademusiwa see Abiola Daughter Wedding With A White Man Picture / List Of 10 Nigerians That Can/should Be President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.