Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,721 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Timeline Of Air Crashes In NIGERIA - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Timeline Of Air Crashes In NIGERIA (17403 Views)

Bucket Of Cash Allegedly Recovered From Wife Of Ex-Chief Of Air Staff Was A Lie / History Of Air Crashes In Nigeria / Catalogue Of Air Crashes In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Timeline Of Air Crashes In NIGERIA by Calradised: 9:04pm On Mar 15, 2012
how many of these plane crashes were prophesied by the prophet, TB Joshua? that is another interesting question
I've been following his ministry since, 2006 and am aware of the following, but i'm sure the list is longer:
- October 22, 2005: A Bellview Airlines Boeing 737 airl iner with 117 people on board crashes and disintegrates in flames shortly after take-off from Lagos. All on board killed.
- December 10, 2005: A Sosoliso Airlines DC-9 crashes in Port Harcourt, killing all 103 on board. Most on board were for schoolchildren going home for Christmas.
- March 14, 2012: A Helicopter belonging to the Joint Task Force (JTF) crashes in Kabong, Jos, killing all members onboard including 4 senior Police officers.
when will we start listening to dis man? is it until he prophesied for 1000 times and it is confirmed correct before we will embrace him as a prophet?

the report of the march 14th prophecy came out earlier - in tribune newspaper on 1st February because tb joshua spoke about this on sunday 29th jan

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/35343-nigerians-urged-to-pray-to-avert-plane-crash
Re: Timeline Of Air Crashes In NIGERIA by Osiris212(f): 1:53am On Mar 16, 2012
^
We will start taking him serious, when retardds like you stop smoking grass and believing in conmen with second grade IQ. Have you paid your tithe, alraedy? shocked shocked

By the way, he should give us the exact time, date and place of crashes to either stop the ill-fated flight or take paramedics to the yet to happen accident site.

On a lighter thought, I'm going to equally predict the death of a senior manager this year and a former governor. How about that?
Wake me up when the pigs fly!
Re: Timeline Of Air Crashes In NIGERIA by Nnenna1(f): 5:04am On Mar 16, 2012
What is the proportion of plane crashes relative to total plane rides?

Just before I conclude that - even in Nigeria - riding planes is still safer than driving cars.
Re: Timeline Of Air Crashes In NIGERIA by sylve11: 11:30am On Mar 16, 2012
Okija_Juju thanks for the info, no time to do this research on my own smiley smiley cool
Re: Timeline Of Air Crashes In NIGERIA by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 16, 2012
May God have mercy on the departed souls!
Re: Timeline Of Air Crashes In NIGERIA by 4Runner: 4:54pm On Mar 16, 2012
@ Crackhouse & Yamakusa, thanks. I'm born again.

The Harka crash happened on environmental sanitation day. The flight took off from Kaduna.
I guess d crew knew d plane was faulty, 'cos they never attended to d passengers after take off.
It was raining heavily & there was so much turbulence. On getting to Lagos AP, d plane over ran its runway & crashed into d farms.

The plane caught fire immediately from d right wing where I was seated.
Thank God for d guy on d left wing. He opened d emergency window through which some of us escaped.

It was a very pathetic sight. The Russian pilot & crew jumped off through d door, others who jumped had broken legs & hands.
Those that died did through suffocation & burns.

It's just a night mare I don't want to remember again. I thank God for a second chance, amen.
Re: Timeline Of Air Crashes In NIGERIA by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 16, 2012
I know someone very close that died in the 1997 ADC. I bless God for the lives of those he left behind. May their soul rest in peace.
Re: Timeline Of Air Crashes In NIGERIA by mkmyers45(m): 5:44pm On Mar 16, 2012
natasha: My father died in the C130 air crash in 92. its almost 20yrs and i still miss him, my mum still misses him but who are we to question God

You are human and you have a right to question...so you believe God took your Dad? For what?
Re: Timeline Of Air Crashes In NIGERIA by bestlife(m): 10:13pm On Mar 16, 2012
lets pray for the contry
Re: Timeline Of Air Crashes In NIGERIA by bestlife(m): 10:21pm On Mar 16, 2012
satan rules this world so pls no one shuld blame the Almighty GOD
Re: Timeline Of Air Crashes In NIGERIA by Ikology(m): 11:49am On Mar 17, 2012
TIMELINE OF AIR CRASHES

- November 20, 1969: Nigeria Airways BAC VC10 crashes on landing killing 87 on board.
- January 22, 1973: Royal Jordanian Airlines flight 707 carrying 171 Nigerian Muslims returning from Mecca and 5 crewmen died in crash in Kano, Nigeria.
- March 1, 1978: Nigeria Airways F28-1000 crashes in Kano killing 16.
- November 28, 1983: Nigeria Airways F28-1000 crashes on approach in Enugu killing 53 on board.
- December 1988: Skypower Brandeironte aircraft overshot Ilorin Airport runway All the passengers died.
- 26 Jun 1991; Okada Air BAC-111; Sokoto, Nigeria: Fuel starvation during holding pattern over Sokoto due to heavy rain. Flight from Benin City diverted from Kano due to heavey rain. None of the three-crew members and three of the 52 passengers sustained fatal injuries.
- February 24, 1991: British Helicopter crashed in Eket, Akwa Ibom State, killing all nine people on board.
- May 21, 1991: A Cessna Citation 550 of Ashaka Cement, Hombe, crashed, killing all on board.
- June 26, 1991: An Okada Air Bac-11 crashed in Sokoto, three people died.
- July 11, 1991: Nigeria Airways DC-8-61 crashes in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia from system failure killing 261 on board.
- September 26, 1992: Nigerian Air Force A C-130 plane crashes minutes after take-off from Lagos. All 200 on board killed.
- June 24, 1995: Harka Air Services Tupolev 34 crashes on landing in Lagos killing 16.
- November 13, 1995: Nigeria Airways Boeing 737-2F9 crashes on landing in Kaduna killing 9.
- January 17, 1996: Ibrahim Abacha, son of Sani Abacha, was killed in a plane crash. The group "United Front for Nigeria's Liberation" (UFNL) claimed responsibility for the crash.
- November 7, 1996: A Nigerian ADC (Aviation Development Corporation) Airline Boeing 727-231 flying from Port Harcourt to Lagos with 142 passengers and 9 crew members crashed on landing, plunging into a lagoon with all on board killed.
- January 31, 1997: SkyPower Express Airways Embraer 110PIA crashes on landing in Yola killing 5.
- September 12, 1997: A NAF Dornier 228-212 in Nguru, Bornu State ran into a ditch during the take off, none of the 10 people died.
- January 5, 2000: SkyPower Express Airways Bandeirante 110P1A crashes on landing in Abuja killing 17.
- October 26, 2000: Dornier aircraft plunged into a thick bush near the Niger Delta, 6 occupants injured.
- May 4, 2002: EAS Airlines’ BAC 1-11-500 with 105 people on board crashed and burst into flames in a poor, densely populated suburb of Kano. 76 on board killed, including 72 on the ground bringing it to a total 148 dead.
- November 30, 2003, a Cargo aircraft of Hydro Cargo, Brussels, Belgium, crash landed.
- March 6, 2004: An aenail spray aircraft with registration number 5NBEF belonging to Berfieex Nigeria Ltd, crashed at the Bauchi Airport.
- July 26, 2004: Pan African Airlines’ helicopter crashed into the Atlantic Ocean in Eacraros, Delta State, 4 people on board died.
- December 29, 2004: A Boeing 727 of Chanchangi Airlines belly- landed at the MMA.
- December 29, 2004: A Kenya Airlines aircraft crashed- landed at the MMA due to gear fault.
- January 28, 2005: A Nigeria Air Force fighter plane crashed into a farmland in Yar Kanya, Kano State.
- February 25, 2005: ADC's B73 aircraft had its tyre burnt while landing at Yola airport.
- March 27, 2005: A Boeing 737 of Bellview had one of its engines caught fire.
- June 11/12, 2005: Lagos: a Boeing 727-200 aircraft belonging to the domestic Chachangi Airlines overshot the runway at Murtala Muhammed airport, while yet another overshot the runway at the airport in Jos in central Nigeria a day earlier
- June 24, 2005: A Russian aircraft belonging to Harka Air crash- landed at the MMA, all the people on board died
- July 6, 2005, Port Harcourt: an Air France A330 plane crashed into a herd of cattle at Port Harcourt airport sustaining serious damage and killing many of the cows. The airport had no perimeter fence and herdsmen usually take their cattle across the tarmac, sometimes abandoning them there.
- July 23, 2005, a Lufthansa aircraft crash-landed at Lagos airport and was badly damaged, but no life was lost.
- October 22, 2005: A Bellview Airlines Boeing 737 airl iner with 117 people on board crashes and disintegrates in flames shortly after take-off from Lagos. All on board killed.
- December 10, 2005: A Sosoliso Airlines DC-9 crashes in Port Harcourt, killing all 103 on board. Most on board were for schoolchildren going home for Christmas.
- September 17, 2006: A 18-seater Dornier 228 Air Force transport plane, carrying 15 senior army officers and three crew members crashed leaving only three survivors that sustained serious injuries. The plane with registration number 228-212 crashed in northern part of the country at Oko village in Vandeikya local government area of Benue State at about 10:30 a.m.
- October 29, 2006: Aviation Development Corporation Airline Boeing 737 with 104 on board crashes minutes after take-off from Abuja’s airport during a rain storm. All but 6 perished in the disaster. The spiritual leader of Nigeria’s Sunni Muslims, His Eminence, the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammadu Maccido was among the dead.
- November 10, 2006: OAS Service Helicopter crashed in Warri, Delta state killing 4 on board.
- August 2, 2007: Bristow-owned helicopter crashed inside ExxonMobil facility in Port Harcout.
- March 15, 2008: Beechcraft 1900D plane marked 5N-JAH, belonging to Wing Aviation crashed in the mountainous forest of Busi in Cross River State on its way to Obudu airstrip. The wreakage was not found until 6 months after the disappearance of the aircraft. All 4 man crew on board died.
- March 14, 2012: A Helicopter belonging to the Joint Task Force (JTF) crashes in Kabong, Jos, killing all members onboard including 4 senior Police officers.
1 Like
Qua Iboe Terminal Ibeno, Akwa Ibom State.
Re: Timeline Of Air Crashes In NIGERIA by yamakuza: 5:40am On Mar 18, 2012
4Runner: @ Crackhouse & Yamakusa, thanks. I'm born again.

The Harka crash happened on environmental sanitation day. The flight took off from Kaduna.
I guess d crew knew d plane was faulty, 'cos they never attended to d passengers after take off.
It was raining heavily & there was so much turbulence. On getting to Lagos AP, d plane over ran its runway & crashed into d farms.

The plane caught fire immediately from d right wing where I was seated.
Thank God for d guy on d left wing. He opened d emergency window through which some of us escaped.

It was a very pathetic sight. The Russian pilot & crew jumped off through d door, others who jumped had broken legs & hands.
Those that died did through suffocation & burns.

It's just a night mare I don't want to remember again. I thank God for a second chance, amen.

Thanks.

It shall not be your portion again, Amen!
Re: Timeline Of Air Crashes In NIGERIA by yamakuza: 5:47am On Mar 18, 2012
@topic:

which crash did Abacha use to silence Claude Ake?
Re: Timeline Of Air Crashes In NIGERIA by blackmann(m): 10:25am On Sep 06, 2012
June 3 2012- Dana MD 83 flight 992 from abuja to Lagos. Crashed in Iju shaga area of Lagos on approach to the runway. 153 pple killed.
Re: Timeline Of Air Crashes In NIGERIA by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 05, 2013
From statistics, itz evident plane crash occur at an average of a plan crash evry year.....how am I sure that we r nt gonna record anoda plane crash in 2014? A word is enough 4 d WISE. Itz high tym we fasten our seat belts in all facet of d economy.
Re: Timeline Of Air Crashes In NIGERIA by oderemo(m): 4:55pm On Oct 05, 2013
nikky5: I pray we dont experience such anymore in JESUS name.
Stop deluding yourself, in as much as there are aircrafts there will always be accident, in as much as we have cars
There will always be road accidents, in as much as you have midwives delivering new bouncy babies there will
Be people going six feet under.
Its called life. Kosi nkan ta le she is.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ogun APC Defies NWC Panel, Declares Amosun’s Candidate Winner / FG Confirms Supply Of Adulterated Fuel / Tinubu Not A Magician, APC Did Not Promise ‘miracle,’ Says Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.