Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,893 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Is It Compulsory To Pay Tithe? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Compulsory To Pay Tithe? (1976 Views)

Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? / Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Compulsory To Pay Tithe? by dipo1: 11:30am On Mar 17, 2012
Last sunday, the pastorate in the church I attend said they will be relieving all the workers who don't pay tithe of their appointments as workers. They went as far as to introduce a new system by which every worker has an account number which he/she must quote along with his tithe in other for them to keep record of who is paying his/her tithe and how much is being paid.
I think this is wrong as people should not be forced into giving what they may not have intended to give. I don't read my bible so much but I am sure certain places in the scripture say each person should give what he decided from his heart even though God loves a cheerful giver.

I fear that soon, I will decided to stop attending church as they ways in which the pastors try to cajole people to give really doesn't go down well with me.

Is it right to cajole/force people to pay their tithes?
Re: Is It Compulsory To Pay Tithe? by Goshen360(m): 2:21pm On Mar 17, 2012
Kindly look for another bible teaching church and start attending. The wolves in sheep's clothing has started coming out. The word of God exposes the intentions of a man's heart. Again, try not only to read your bible for yourself but study. It will do you a lot of good. And by the way, tithe is not a new testament practice but free will giving that comes from your heart. Thank you.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Pay Tithe? by OmoPastor(m): 3:04pm On Mar 17, 2012
@ op

Last sunday, the pastorate in the church I attend said they will be relieving all the workers who don't pay tithe of their appointments as workers.
are you a worker in this church? or should i say are you born again?

I think this is wrong as people should not be forced into giving what they may not have intended to give.
nobody in this church of yours asked for your advice cos its not needed angry

I don't read my bible so much but I am sure certain places in the scripture say each person should give what he decided from his heart even though God loves a cheerful giver.
if you do not read your bible so much then what do you read so much? instead of coming on this forum to get more confused why don't you ask the Holy spirit who lives inside you for answers to your questions? the solution you require is in the bible you do not read so much not on nairaland

I fear that soon, I will decided to stop attending church as they ways in which the pastors try to cajole people to give really doesn't go down well with me.
you had left the church long before now. instead of leaving the church or coming here to ask why don't you seek audience with your pastors for better explanations. take time to pray and listen to the Holy Spirit instead of listening to what people on this forum would say.

Is it right to cajole/force people to pay their tithes?
no for some people but yes to some others.

until you learn to listen to the Holy Ghost inside you, you will only get more confused than you are now! christianity is not only listening to someone tell you stuff but you have been given a spirit that can help you confirm what the word says relative to what you are taught by your pastor. whatever a man says that is inconsistent with the word must not be accepted.

you must develop your human spirit to listen to the holy spirit in you. the question you should have asked is that how many of us are in sync with the holy spirit, do we know the mind of God, are we trully in love with Him? your knowledge of who the church is will go a long way to helping you do the right thing.

leaving the church is of no consequence to the church but to you cos the church can never die cos you left and the church will keep on expanding and growing irrespective of your decision to leave or stay.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Pay Tithe? by PastorKun(m): 3:51pm On Mar 17, 2012
@Omopastor
If the holy spirit you keep shouting about is really within you, then he should have told you by now that a christian has no business paying tithe. I guess it is the spirit of mamon within you that you are mistaking for holy spirit.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Pay Tithe? by dipo1: 7:49pm On Mar 17, 2012
OmoPastor: @ op

are you a worker in this church? or should i say are you born again?

This has nothing to do with the topic

OmoPastor: nobody in this church of yours asked for your advice cos its not needed angry
I am not advising the church. You must have a very low IQ to have made such inference

OmoPastor: you had left the church long before now.

Another stvpid deduction. It is common with f00ls to make assumptions without basis.

OmoPastor: instead of leaving the church or coming here to ask why don't you seek audience with your pastors for better explanations. take time to pray and listen to the Holy Spirit instead of listening to what people on this forum would say.

I came to the forum cos I know there are some members who can make educated and reasonable statements.

OmoPastor: until you learn to listen to the Holy Ghost inside you, you will only get more confused than you are now!

I am not confused. Your reading comprehension is pathetic.

OmoPastor: leaving the church is of no consequence to the church but to you cos the church can never die cos you left and the church will keep on expanding and growing irrespective of your decision to leave or stay.

Who said anything about the church 'dieing'? You should ask the holy spirit to help you make better use of your brain
Re: Is It Compulsory To Pay Tithe? by OmoPastor(m): 4:49pm On Dec 09, 2012
@ Op

seem you are really hurt but lame in this matter, you are angry yet cannot do anything about it, sorry o

if you are sore about the move made by the pastorate, then buzz off, walk out instead of making noise about what you cannot change.

this topic is already over-flogged on this forum where you are seeking for advice....pbtuuuu shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

A Thread To Pray For Roman Catholics And To Help Them To Reform / Is Your Pastor A P.imp Preacher? Take The Test / 90% Of Nigerian Christains Cannot Possibly Go To Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.