Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,978 members, 7,810,712 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

How Does An Adult Take WAEC? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Does An Adult Take WAEC? (13727 Views)

Allstudentarena:how Long Does Its Take Waec O’level Result Before It Expired / #7,500 To Take Waec Certificate, Is It A Fraud? / How Much Does It Cost To Take Waec? (extramural Student) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does An Adult Take WAEC? by charity00: 12:26pm On Mar 17, 2012
How does an adult who finished SS3 but never took WAEC go back and take it?

You can't go back to secondary school if you are over 25 can you?

So what do you do if you want to sit for the WAEC and you haven't been in secondary school for 6 or 7 years?
Re: How Does An Adult Take WAEC? by tpia5: 5:55pm On Mar 17, 2012
any answers?

1 Like

Re: How Does An Adult Take WAEC? by tpia5: 5:56pm On Mar 17, 2012
@ poster

you might have to check with WAEC.

you can also ask a school principal and see if you can sit for the exam without going back to secondary school.

i dont know if that's allowed though.
Re: How Does An Adult Take WAEC? by Excelboi(m): 8:08pm On Mar 17, 2012
And op, simplt take a GCE exam. Its somehow purposely designed for those who need waec result.
Re: How Does An Adult Take WAEC? by Odunnu: 8:19pm On Mar 17, 2012
If there's an age limit of taking WAEC, I am not aware.
I left primary sch from primary five and so I didnt take the first school leaving cert which incidentally is important in today's Nigeria. I was in SS1 when I sat for it amongst pupils who were between ages 9 - 11. If getting a Waec result is important to you, age shouldnt be a barrier
Re: How Does An Adult Take WAEC? by tpia5: 3:22am On Mar 18, 2012
yes, GCE is also an option.

ask a school principal in your area. You can also find a safe part of the north, where you can take the exam,assuming you have people you know, there. Older students arent such a rarity like we have in the south. Rural areas in any part of nigeria are also an option.

anyway, i also got this from the waec website:

Q. Who are those qualified to sit for the WASSCE?

A. In the case of the school examination, the prospective candidate must be in the SS 3 class in a recognized school,
For the private candidates' examination, any one of the following categories may enter for the WASSCE:

a. Those who have attempted the WASSCE in previous years;
b. Those who have attempted the GCE and obtained a pass in at least three subjects;
c. Those who have passed the Teachers’ Grade two examination.

Re: How Does An Adult Take WAEC? by Pakavy(m): 9:35am On Mar 20, 2012
tpia@:
yes, GCE is also an option.

ask a school principal in your area. You can also find a safe part of the north, where you can take the exam,assuming you have people you know, there. Older students arent such a rarity like we have in the south. Rural areas in any part of nigeria are also an option.

anyway, i also got this from the waec website:

and he must be and adult nar!!!
Re: How Does An Adult Take WAEC? by emmatok(m): 9:36am On Mar 20, 2012
charity00: How does an adult who finished SS3 but never took WAEC go back and take it?

So what do you do if you want to sit for the WAEC and you haven't been in secondary school for 6 or 7 years?

Try GCE.
Re: How Does An Adult Take WAEC? by popingo(f): 9:52am On Mar 20, 2012
Sure u can still write it, u will have to register as an external cadidate in any school of ur choice, and u will be given d school uniform. It is only during the exam period dat u will have to put on d uniform in the school premises and write ur exams like other students, mind u i am saying from exprience hope dis information can help
Re: How Does An Adult Take WAEC? by stepo707: 10:02am On Mar 20, 2012
Arrange with a special centre.They will add you to the list of students to write waec in a secondary schoola nd you will wear uniform like the ss3 students.
Re: How Does An Adult Take WAEC? by freecocoa(f): 10:23am On Mar 20, 2012
stepo707: Arrange with a special centre.They will add you to the list of students to write waec in a secondary schoola nd you will wear uniform like the ss3 students.
OP this is your answer and please forget GCE.
Re: How Does An Adult Take WAEC? by collinsfbi(m): 10:33am On Mar 20, 2012
charity00: How does an adult who finished SS3 but never took WAEC go back and take it?

If you belong to big bois or big girls in town, enter one village do do am jooor olodo lol

Gbammm
Re: How Does An Adult Take WAEC? by achi4u(m): 12:03pm On Mar 20, 2012
@poster,do you have it upstair?
Re: How Does An Adult Take WAEC? by PRAZY(m): 12:12pm On Mar 20, 2012
There was a woman who told us about her testimony too. She did not also do her SSCE before she left School. But she also registered for WAEC in a school and bought their uniform. She just enrol herself for an evening class after work she goes to evening class. The funnest thing about this case is that she had three children in which one of them too is in secondary school. Fortunately with God on her side she passed with good grades which she used in gaining admission to higher institution. Good Luck.
Re: How Does An Adult Take WAEC? by Anonymous2019: 10:34pm On Feb 14, 2019
I finished my secondary education in 2013 but did not pass the key subject in waec now I'm 25 and want to re write waec in 2019, please is it advisable?

(1) (Reply)

Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call / Download JUPEB Past Question PDF / How To Read At Night Comfortably

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.