Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,475 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Thread For [utme] English, Govt, Econs And Lit. Candidates ! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Thread For [utme] English, Govt, Econs And Lit. Candidates ! (6843 Views)

JAMB Reopens Portal For UTME Registration For Just 48hours / Literature-in-english Online Tutorial For UTME 2014/2015 / Please Help Me With Neco Econs Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For [utme] English, Govt, Econs And Lit. Candidates ! by AbdulFattah(m): 5:44pm On Mar 18, 2012
THIS FORUM IS MEANT TO UTILISE THE LITTLE TIME WE HAVE LEFT TO DISCUSS FREQUENTLY ASKED UTME QUESTIONS, PROBABLE QUESTIONS AND CLARIFY COMMON MISCONCEPTIONS AND MISTAKES IN THE AFOREMENTIONED SUBJECTS.

N.B : PLEASE, OTHER PAPERS/SUBJECTS CAN BE ADDED !
Re: Thread For [utme] English, Govt, Econs And Lit. Candidates ! by AbdulFattah(m): 6:54pm On Mar 18, 2012
GOVERNMENT.
1. Prior to 1976, the local govt sys practised was ____??

Chief IN council OR Chief AND council.

2. what are functions of the OKPARA, OBI, EZE, and OFO in d igbo pol. sys?

3. What's the diff. btw the functions of d PUBLIC COMPLAINTS COMMISSION and d CODE OF CONDUCT BUREAU ?

Pls comment if u can answer the above, it'll help alot.

YOU MAY ALSO ASK ABOUT THINGS U DON'T UNDERSTAND.
Re: Thread For [utme] English, Govt, Econs And Lit. Candidates ! by mrnononsense: 7:16pm On Mar 18, 2012
pls we need ans 2 dis questions

1 Like

Re: Thread For [utme] English, Govt, Econs And Lit. Candidates ! by AbdulFattah(m): 3:25am On Mar 19, 2012
STILL ON GOVERNMENT!
PLEASE THERE'S SOMETHING WE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE TIV SOCIETY'S POL. SYS.
*Leadership was based on Age (grade), influence and affluence.
*When the colonists came, they made it a Vassal state to the Jukun people but it was unsuccessful.
*Then the divided them to be governed based on Clans, kindreds and families.
Re: Thread For [utme] English, Govt, Econs And Lit. Candidates ! by AbdulFattah(m): 4:14am On Mar 19, 2012
PCC receives complaints from aggrieved
persons against government agencies, corporate
organisations or their officials has the power to
investigate either on its own initiatives or following a
complaints lodged before her. recommends
appropriate remedial measures and shall be
competent to investigate administrative procedures of
any court of law in Nigeria."
http://www.nigeria.gov.ng/Usefulinfo_residents_
publiccomplaints.aspx
Re: Thread For [utme] English, Govt, Econs And Lit. Candidates ! by AbdulFattah(m): 4:17am On Mar 19, 2012
while
CODE OF CONDUCT BUREAU receives complaints about none compliance with of
breach of the provisions of Code of Conduct or any law
relating thereto, investigate complaints and where
appropriate refers such cases to the Code of Conduct
Tribunal.

Essentially it is
meant to ensure that public servants comply with
public morality and accountability and to discourage
them from the culture of graft, greediness, materialism,
ill-gotten wealth and conflict of interest in the
performance of public duty.
Re: Thread For [utme] English, Govt, Econs And Lit. Candidates ! by AbdulFattah(m): 4:19am On Mar 19, 2012
SO PLEASE WHICH ONE CAN BE SAID TO INVESTIGATE ALLEGATIONS OF MALADMINISTRATION IN THE CIVIL SERVICE
Re: Thread For [utme] English, Govt, Econs And Lit. Candidates ! by AbdulFattah(m): 5:28am On Mar 19, 2012
thanks God!:
Any investigation should be taking and decide from the masters.

i don't seem to understand the point u're making...
Re: Thread For [utme] English, Govt, Econs And Lit. Candidates ! by Lindx93(f): 2:47am On Mar 20, 2012
A tax law originates from (a)a private member's bill (b)an education tax bill (c)a judicial bill (d)a public bill
Re: Thread For [utme] English, Govt, Econs And Lit. Candidates ! by AbdulFattah(m): 4:39am On Mar 20, 2012
Lindx93: A tax law originates from (a)a private member's bill (b)an education tax bill (c)a judicial bill (d)a public bill

I guess it's (d) a public bill.
Re: Thread For [utme] English, Govt, Econs And Lit. Candidates ! by Folanky(m): 11:13pm On Mar 20, 2012
D answer is public bill.

1 Like

Re: Thread For [utme] English, Govt, Econs And Lit. Candidates ! by Lindx93(f): 1:12am On Mar 21, 2012
Tnx Abdul nd Folanky. Here's another one pls:
Under the 1979 constitution of Nigeria, each state of the federation (a) had a bicameral legislature (b) had equal legislators in the house of representatives (c) had an equal number of senators (d) was provided with a presidential liaison officer
Re: Thread For [utme] English, Govt, Econs And Lit. Candidates ! by AbdulFattah(m): 2:34am On Mar 21, 2012
If I were to make an educated guess, I would say (c), pls which year is it?
Re: Thread For [utme] English, Govt, Econs And Lit. Candidates ! by Lindx93(f): 3:25am On Mar 21, 2012
Abdul Fattah: If I were to make an educated guess, I would say (c), pls which year is it?
Govt 1997, no.30
Re: Thread For [utme] English, Govt, Econs And Lit. Candidates ! by AbdulFattah(m): 10:03am On Mar 21, 2012
Lindx93:
Govt 1997, no.30

Yyyeepp, I've seen it and according to the past question, I'm correct.
Re: Thread For [utme] English, Govt, Econs And Lit. Candidates ! by AbdulFattah(m): 10:33am On Mar 21, 2012
D proces thru whch d pple governed demselves b4
d advent of d foreigners is pre-colonial system. D
IGBO pre colonial adm,was acephalous cos igbo was
egalitarian society. It was a form of direct
admnistration. D folowin were involved .i. Ozo title
holder ii. Ofo title holder iii. Age grade or group. Dre
was no recognised traditional ruler,da ofo is made of
heads of each family n da mting is presided by okpara
(eldest amng dem). Age grade is pple of same age
bracket,dey maintain peace, build roads e.t.c.
Re: Thread For [utme] English, Govt, Econs And Lit. Candidates ! by AbdulFattah(m): 10:35am On Mar 21, 2012
Pre-colonial admin in was igboland was actualy a
decentralised one, there were neither a kings nor
kingmakers, hence there was fusion of power in d
system, their democratic principles were upheld as
evrybody participated in d process of govering, political
office was not hereditary, so, the system was more of
a republican. The political authority was shared among
d various independent unit. (Village Assembly) which
was made up of d family head dat represent their
respective families . . . .
Re: Thread For [utme] English, Govt, Econs And Lit. Candidates ! by AbdulFattah(m): 10:36am On Mar 21, 2012
. . . .
d OKPARA who is regonized as d most senior, heads the meetings. They also
have (AGE-GRADE), they were serve as law
enforcement agents i.e as police, army in orda to
maintain law nd order. They were also have (OZO
TITLE HOLDER) priest, they were presided over d
meetings of village asembly, they also helps in settling
disputes nd other disagreements among their subjects.
Re: Thread For [utme] English, Govt, Econs And Lit. Candidates ! by AbdulFattah(m): 10:39am On Mar 21, 2012
I DIDN'T WRITE THOSE.
IT'S A COPY AND PASTE WORK.

PLEASE ANYONE TO HELP WITH THE HAUSA PRE COL. SYS. AND D VARIOUS FUNSTIONS OF D OFFICIALS ??
Re: Thread For [utme] English, Govt, Econs And Lit. Candidates ! by Lindx93(f): 9:25pm On Mar 21, 2012
One of the vice _____ in an interim capacity. (a) president acts (b) presidents act (c)president's acts (d) presidents acts
Re: Thread For [utme] English, Govt, Econs And Lit. Candidates ! by Lindx93(f): 9:28pm On Mar 21, 2012
The development is to be carried to the _____ level. (a) grass root (b) grassroot (c) grassroots (d) grass-root
Re: Thread For [utme] English, Govt, Econs And Lit. Candidates ! by Folanky(m): 11:43pm On Mar 21, 2012
Pls can anyone tell me when perfect competitive market, make abnormal profit?
Re: Thread For [utme] English, Govt, Econs And Lit. Candidates ! by AbdulFattah(m): 2:39am On Mar 22, 2012
Lindx93: One of the vice _____ in an interim capacity. (a) president acts (b) presidents act (c)president's acts (d) presidents acts

(d)presidents acts
Re: Thread For [utme] English, Govt, Econs And Lit. Candidates ! by AbdulFattah(m): 2:44am On Mar 22, 2012
Lindx93: The development is to be carried to the _____ level. (a) grass root (b) grassroot (c) grassroots (d) grass-root

Had to check my dict. for this one although i knew it b4.
Ans. is (c), but I think there should be space btw it - as in GRASS ROOTS.
Re: Thread For [utme] English, Govt, Econs And Lit. Candidates ! by AbdulFattah(m): 3:03am On Mar 22, 2012
Folanky: Pls can anyone tell me when perfect competitive market, make abnormal profit?

This happens when Average Renevue is more than Average Cost i.e. AR > AC.
Check this link for more info.
http://www.dineshbakshi.com/index.php
Re: Thread For [utme] English, Govt, Econs And Lit. Candidates ! by Lindx93(f): 5:36am On Mar 22, 2012
The public agency now mandated to register births and deaths in Nigeria is the (a) National Civic Registration Commission (b) Civil Service Commission (c) Ministry of Health (d) National Population Commission
Re: Thread For [utme] English, Govt, Econs And Lit. Candidates ! by Lindx93(f): 5:42am On Mar 22, 2012
The creation of more states in Nigeria has (a) eliminated ethnic and religious conflicts (b) reduced the gap between the rich and poor states (c) increased the powers of the federal government (d) increased the powers of the states and local governments

1 Like

Re: Thread For [utme] English, Govt, Econs And Lit. Candidates ! by AbdulFattah(m): 7:07am On Mar 22, 2012
Lindx93: The public agency now mandated to register births and deaths in Nigeria is the (a) National Civic Registration Commission (b) Civil Service Commission (c) Ministry of Health (d) National Population Commission

You still haven't found the ans. to this ?
Re: Thread For [utme] English, Govt, Econs And Lit. Candidates ! by AbdulFattah(m): 7:11am On Mar 22, 2012
Lindx93: The creation of more states in Nigeria has (a) eliminated ethnic and religious conflicts (b) reduced the gap between the rich and poor states (c) increased the powers of the federal government (d) increased the powers of the states and local governments

It's either (c) or (d). But I'd rather go for (c).
Re: Thread For [utme] English, Govt, Econs And Lit. Candidates ! by Excelboi(m): 7:59am On Mar 22, 2012
Abdul Fattah: I DIDN'T WRITE THOSE.
IT'S A COPY AND PASTE WORK.

PLEASE ANYONE TO HELP WITH THE HAUSA PRE COL. SYS. AND D VARIOUS FUNSTIONS OF D OFFICIALS ??
Hausa pre-colonial system started during the reign of Usman Danfodio who was said to have established the sokoto caliphate.... It is centralised and have being ruled by a leader called a Emir.

FUNCTIONS OF EACH POLITICAL OFFICE
Emir = leader
Waziri = Administrative officer (deputy emir)
sarkin dogari = Police head
Sarkin madawaki = Head of the local soldiers in the emirate.
Sarkin Ruwa= Head of fishermen
sarkin kasuwa = head of commerce

EXECUTIVE FUNCTIONS
The executive functions is exercised by the Emir and it's emirate members. The emir called them when a important issue is raised, but he has the right to make the final decision.

LEGISLATIVE & JUDICIAL FUNCTIONS
The legislative which is the power making body, is followed and exercised using the HOLY QUR'AN which they follow in making law as directed by Allah in the holy book. Though minor rules can be created by the emir himself which doesnt need the consultation of the Quran.
While the judicial function is solely exercised out also by following what the Quran says. Example is Fornication which is the Quran is said to be puishable by 100 strokes of the cane. All judgement passed out in mainly bu consulting the book but in the cases of minor incident like fighting, the emir can exercise that himself...
IMO: citation needed if am wrong in any of the write up above.

1 Like

Re: Thread For [utme] English, Govt, Econs And Lit. Candidates ! by AbdulFattah(m): 9:33am On Mar 22, 2012
Thanks, @Excelboi.
But pls how about the Madawaki, the Alkali and the Galadima......, also, who's the Prime minister ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Nigerian Universities With The Most Beautiful Girls (with Pictures) / Ministry Denies Sponsoring Students To China / Delta State Polytechnic Otefe Oghara SPAT/DIRECT ENTRY Admission Form 2014/2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.