Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Why Are Mothers More Celebrated Over Men - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Mothers More Celebrated Over Men (1172 Views)

Coper's Fish-Seller Mother Celebrated In Lagos (photos) / Why Do Individuals Cherish Their Mothers more Than Their Fathers??? / Are Mothers Better Parents Than Fathers?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Mothers More Celebrated Over Men by wisepluto(m): 7:05pm On Mar 18, 2012
I try as much as possible to apply courtesy to ladies especially my mum and g.f but i always wonder why my old man and other men globally are shown little or no attention. For the fact that Adam was created first in place of eve, shouldn't that be enough reason for more male celebration.
Re: Why Are Mothers More Celebrated Over Men by Fhemmmy: 7:21pm On Mar 18, 2012
Cos women have a heart and caring.
Cos they are the real deal, however, there is father's day where i chill. . . cool
Re: Why Are Mothers More Celebrated Over Men by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 18, 2012
@OP
you have to keep everything into context:
where have you seen that MOTHERS are more celebrated than FATHERS or that WOMEN are more celebrated than MEN?
Re: Why Are Mothers More Celebrated Over Men by wisepluto(m): 11:58pm On Mar 18, 2012
alright, am basing my analysis in the context of the female folks getting help or assistance more easily
Re: Why Are Mothers More Celebrated Over Men by Nobody: 12:39am On Mar 19, 2012
^^^ well if some WOMEN need assistance,then obviously MEN will offer it to them (and hope/expect something in return).
Re: Why Are Mothers More Celebrated Over Men by Outstrip(f): 5:41pm On Mar 19, 2012
Simple. Scroll through the family section on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Why Are Mothers More Celebrated Over Men by Fhemmmy: 6:41pm On Mar 19, 2012
Outstrip: Simple. Scroll through the family section on nairaland

Ummmm . . . Words of wisdom
Re: Why Are Mothers More Celebrated Over Men by dasparrow: 10:22pm On Mar 23, 2012
wisepluto: I try as much as possible to apply courtesy to ladies especially my mum and g.f but i always wonder why my old man and other men globally are shown little or no attention. For the fact that Adam was created first in place of eve, shouldn't that be enough reason for more male celebration.

Why won't mothers/ladies be more celebrated than men? Especially Nigerian mothers/women and all the crap they have to deal with while living in a hostile society like Nigeria where little girls as young as 2 years old are molested and abused. Moreover, the women are turned into domestic slaves and walking incubators that are mandated to spit out male children or risk being discarded like a piece of trash. After all women go through, I can't help but continue loving and supporting my mom. Most Nigerian fathers do nothing in particular but chase skirt up and down the place. This is why many of them (fathers) are forsaken by their children in old age.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Mothers More Celebrated Over Men by Fhemmmy: 1:57am On Mar 24, 2012
dasparrow:

Why won't mothers/ladies be more celebrated than men? Especially Nigerian mothers/women and all the crap they have to deal with while living in a hostile society like Nigeria where little girls as young as 2 years old are molested and abused. Moreover, the women are turned into domestic slaves and walking incubators that are mandated to spit out male children or risk being discarded like a piece of trash. After all women go through, I can't help but continue loving and supporting my mom. Most Nigerian fathers do nothing in particular but chase skirt up and down the place. This is why many of them (fathers) are forsaken by their children in old age.

Preach on . .
Re: Why Are Mothers More Celebrated Over Men by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 24, 2012
dasparrow:

Why won't mothers/ladies be more celebrated than men? Especially Nigerian mothers/women and all the crap they have to deal with while living in a hostile society like Nigeria where little girls as young as 2 years old are molested and abused.

i am a bit lost, care to tell me what do mother do against such evil act that should make them be celebrated?! you make no sense!

Moreover, the women are turned into domestic slaves and walking incubators that are mandated to spit out male children or risk being discarded like a piece of trash.

the above reply is another funny one. so women who have nothing to offer in a r/ship should simply sit on their assses and do nothing all day? in marriages, both person decide what the family duties will be and what they desire in that union. if at any time, anyone is not happy with the duties OR where this union is going then they can LEAVE. the fact that some women are desperate to be married and therefore accept all this BS, shouldnt be a reason to automatically blame Nigerian men.

After all women go through, I can't help but continue loving and supporting my mom. Most Nigerian fathers do nothing in particular but chase skirt up and down the place. This is why many of them (fathers) are forsaken by their children in old age.

pls dont compare YOUR father and his weaknesses/inabilities with all Nigerian men out there. if your father was a good for nothing father then blame HIM,and no others! my father did VERY MUCH and his input in the family was as important as my mothers. she could have NEVER done it without him.
Re: Why Are Mothers More Celebrated Over Men by Tgirl4real(f): 2:54pm On Mar 24, 2012
If na assistance u dey talk, its simple, women are d weaker vessle. Really both are celebrated cos they hav different roles.

But if u insist women r more celebrated, then its cos na we dey carry belle, na we dey born am, na we dey back d baby, na we dey bath, feed, care and have plenty sleepless nights + say u go do house chores, work, have sex. . . U just name it. The list is endless.
Infact, how many men dey go drop dia babies at d daycare? Na woman go look for d caregiver, d school, do d homework while you men do little or (in some cases) nufin to assit except money. Some sef no dey drop money.lol
Its just no
Re: Why Are Mothers More Celebrated Over Men by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 24, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

i am a bit lost, care to tell me what do mother do against such evil act that should make them be celebrated?! you make no sense!

the above reply is another funny one. so women who have nothing to offer in a r/ship should simply sit on their assses and do nothing all day? in marriages, both person decide what the family duties will be and what they desire in that union. if at any time, anyone is not happy with the duties OR where this union is going then they can LEAVE. the fact that some women are desperate to be married and therefore accept all this BS, shouldnt be a reason to automatically blame Nigerian men.

pls dont compare YOUR father and his weaknesses/inabilities with all Nigerian men out there. if your father was a good for nothing father then blame HIM,and no others! my father did VERY MUCH and his input in the family was as important as my mothers. she could have NEVER done it without him.

Sean, pls where is the unlike botton here. Because i need to click on it. grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Mothers More Celebrated Over Men by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 25, 2012
Mothers are much more celebrated because they are saddled with greater responsibilities in the home. And, a good percentage of them perform their sacrificial tasks excellently well smiley

You could never pay her for all of her roles. She's a confidant, a nurse, a teacher, a home keeper, a cook, a cleaner, a singer (rhythms), she's got no shift of duty, she's a darling. She's a mother.
Re: Why Are Mothers More Celebrated Over Men by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 25, 2012
Mothers are much more celebrated because they are saddled with greater responsibilities in the home. And, a good percentage of them perform their sacrificial tasks excellently well smiley

You could never pay her for all of her roles. She's a confidant, a nurse, a teacher, a home keeper, a cook, a cleaner, a singer (rhythms), she's got no shift of duty, she's a darling. She's a mother.

^^^^

[img]http://4.bp..com/-tCOOAgsAmeU/TWNV5yipPDI/AAAAAAAAAL4/DZlBTo3-Tgo/s1600/whitney-point-bitchplease.gif[/img]

(1) (Reply)

Will You React This Way To Your Mother??? / Do You Keep Beautiful And Tidy Rooms? If You Ve Got A Lovely Room Pls Post / How To Forgive In Your Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.