Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,590 members, 7,816,454 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

No Man Can Constantly be Righteous And Holy In His Lifetime. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No Man Can Constantly be Righteous And Holy In His Lifetime. (1190 Views)

The Truth About Speaking In Tongues And Holy Ghost Baptism... / Apostle Joseph Ayodele BABALOLA Ministering During His Lifetime — / Relevance Of "the Blood Of Jesus"and Holy Ghost Fire,in Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Man Can Constantly be Righteous And Holy In His Lifetime. by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 20, 2012
"Be ye holy as your Father in Heaven is Holy"

Didnt Jesus envisage what this current world will be like? I bet if he did he would have rephrased that statement. Back then it was easy to go to the monastery in the desert and become an abbot and try to leave holy and righteous.but today it is virtually impossible for man to do that. The society has changed rapidly that man must think of himself before any person, what to eat, what to wear, how to get money to perform responsibilities, and many complexities. In the course of doing these man gets to meet other different people who will try and change his way of doing things.But we all agree man is not perfect and many christians also tell us that man can sin thousand times and pray for forgiveness a thousand time.
in the light of the above, its reasonable to conclude that man can never be holy and righteous throughout out life. You just can't know how to do the right things ALL THE TIME. Don't tell me about Holy Spirit, because both Paul and Peter had the holy spirit right but they disagreed and went their ways, if they were doing the right thing together they would have remained tight, and then who now has the holy spirit to make right decisions, is it pastor chris that says masturbation is not a sin or the pastors and christians that says its a sin?
I bet you can't deny this but if you do give your reasons?
Re: No Man Can Constantly be Righteous And Holy In His Lifetime. by Jenwitemi(m): 8:22am On Mar 20, 2012
In this lifetime, the best thing a man can and should do is be the best he/she could. The old wisdom; "Leave this world better than you found it". More is not expected from anybody. wink
Re: No Man Can Constantly be Righteous And Holy In His Lifetime. by BBDelta(m): 8:40am On Mar 20, 2012
MY BROTHER @DIILUMINATI, WONDERING WHAT THAT YOUR NAME MEANS, BUT THAT IS NOT THE IMPORTANT THING NOW, CHRIST JESUS GAVE AM INSTRUCTION BE "YE HOLY AS YOUR FATHER WHO IS IN HEAVEN IS HOLY", THIS INSTRUCTION IS TO THOSE WHO HAVE RECEIVED HIM AS THEIR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOUR. NOW IF YOU HAVE ACCEPTS JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR LORD AND PERSONAL SAVIOUR AND BELIEVE IN THE RESURRECTION POWER FROM DEATH AS THE REDEMPTIVE PLAN OF GOD TO RECONCILE YOU WITH HIM, THEN YOU WOULD KNOW THAT YOU ARE IN A NEW STATUS THAT BRINGS YOU TOGETHER ALWAYS WITH THE FATHER WHO IS HOLY AND WHOSE LIFE YOU NOW LIFE WHOSE KINGDOM STATUS IN HEAVEN YOU NOW LIVE ON EARTH (THEE WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN) INCLUDING HOLINESS. YOU EVALUATION OF THE EFFECTIVESS OF HOW YOU LIVE THIS NEW LIFE STATUS OR HOW THIS HEAVENLY STATUS IS BROUGTH ON EARTH IN YOUR LIFE CAN ONLY AND ONLY BE DETERMINED BY GOD ALMIGHTY ALONE. SO THERE IT IS WRONG TO TRY TO EVALUATE A MAN'S NEW STATUS IN GOD THROUGH CHRIST JESUS, BECAUSE YOU DO NOT HAVE THAT AUTHORITY TO DO THAT. NOW IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT ILLS OF THE SOCIETY OR WRONGS AND BAD DOINGS A PERSON DOES, YES YOU CAN EVALUATE THAT AS WRONG. THE ABILITY TO KNOW WHAT IS GOOD FROM BAD IS NOT GOTTEN FROM THE NEW STATUS NO, MAN ALREADY GOT THAT AT THE GARDEN OF EDEN, SO TRY TO DIFFERENT THE TWO THINGS AND FINALLY BEFORE I DROP, A BAD ACT OR HABIT WHICH IS EVENTUALLY TURNED INTO CHARACTER, IS FIRST ORIGINATED FROM YOUR THOUGHTS, SO AS WE TRY TO TEACH PEOPLE TO BUILD GOOD CHARACTERS WE TELL THEM TO GENERATE GOOD THOUGHTS.... CHEERS BRO.
Re: No Man Can Constantly be Righteous And Holy In His Lifetime. by Jenwitemi(m): 1:35pm On Mar 20, 2012
Why are are you writing in CAPS? You think sey she blind?
BBDelta: MY BROTHER @DIILUMINATI, WONDERING WHAT THAT YOUR NAME MEANS, BUT THAT IS NOT THE IMPORTANT THING NOW, CHRIST JESUS GAVE AM INSTRUCTION BE "YE HOLY AS YOUR FATHER WHO IS IN HEAVEN IS HOLY", THIS INSTRUCTION IS TO THOSE WHO HAVE RECEIVED HIM AS THEIR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOUR. NOW IF YOU HAVE ACCEPTS JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR LORD AND PERSONAL SAVIOUR AND BELIEVE IN THE RESURRECTION POWER FROM DEATH AS THE REDEMPTIVE PLAN OF GOD TO RECONCILE YOU WITH HIM, THEN YOU WOULD KNOW THAT YOU ARE IN A NEW STATUS THAT BRINGS YOU TOGETHER ALWAYS WITH THE FATHER WHO IS HOLY AND WHOSE LIFE YOU NOW LIFE WHOSE KINGDOM STATUS IN HEAVEN YOU NOW LIVE ON EARTH (THEE WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN) INCLUDING HOLINESS. YOU EVALUATION OF THE EFFECTIVESS OF HOW YOU LIVE THIS NEW LIFE STATUS OR HOW THIS HEAVENLY STATUS IS BROUGTH ON EARTH IN YOUR LIFE CAN ONLY AND ONLY BE DETERMINED BY GOD ALMIGHTY ALONE. SO THERE IT IS WRONG TO TRY TO EVALUATE A MAN'S NEW STATUS IN GOD THROUGH CHRIST JESUS, BECAUSE YOU DO NOT HAVE THAT AUTHORITY TO DO THAT. NOW IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT ILLS OF THE SOCIETY OR WRONGS AND BAD DOINGS A PERSON DOES, YES YOU CAN EVALUATE THAT AS WRONG. THE ABILITY TO KNOW WHAT IS GOOD FROM BAD IS NOT GOTTEN FROM THE NEW STATUS NO, MAN ALREADY GOT THAT AT THE GARDEN OF EDEN, SO TRY TO DIFFERENT THE TWO THINGS AND FINALLY BEFORE I DROP, A BAD ACT OR HABIT WHICH IS EVENTUALLY TURNED INTO CHARACTER, IS FIRST ORIGINATED FROM YOUR THOUGHTS, SO AS WE TRY TO TEACH PEOPLE TO BUILD GOOD CHARACTERS WE TELL THEM TO GENERATE GOOD THOUGHTS.... CHEERS BRO.
Re: No Man Can Constantly be Righteous And Holy In His Lifetime. by chinedumo(m): 1:46pm On Mar 20, 2012
God is love
love bears no record of wrong
when God forgives, ti is as goods as you have never committed it. Hence you are holy.

You may have the holy spirit but it does not mean that you follow the spirit.
going to the monastery in the desert and becoming an abbot IS NOT HOLINESS
diluminati: "Be ye holy as your Father in Heaven is Holy"

Didnt Jesus envisage what this current world will be like? I bet if he did he would have rephrased that statement. Back then it was easy to go to the monastery in the desert and become an abbot and try to leave holy and righteous.but today it is virtually impossible for man to do that. The society has changed rapidly that man must think of himself before any person, what to eat, what to wear, how to get money to perform responsibilities, and many complexities. In the course of doing these man gets to meet other different people who will try and change his way of doing things.But we all agree man is not perfect and many christians also tell us that man can sin thousand times and pray for forgiveness a thousand time.
in the light of the above, its reasonable to conclude that man can never be holy and righteous throughout out life. You just can't know how to do the right things ALL THE TIME. Don't tell me about Holy Spirit, because both Paul and Peter had the holy spirit right but they disagreed and went their ways, if they were doing the right thing together they would have remained tight, and then who now has the holy spirit to make right decisions, is it pastor chris that says masturbation is not a sin or the pastors and christians that says its a sin?
I bet you can't deny this but if you do give your reasons?
Re: No Man Can Constantly be Righteous And Holy In His Lifetime. by BBDelta(m): 4:52pm On Mar 22, 2012
Jenwitemi: Why are are you writing in CAPS? You think sey she blind?

Do Blind People see CAPS...?? Lol
Re: No Man Can Constantly be Righteous And Holy In His Lifetime. by newmi(m): 6:51pm On Mar 22, 2012
Its interesting how that someone who doesn't believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ is probing and making such a bold declaration l find it hularious. Why don't u speak for ur own camp of believe
Re: No Man Can Constantly be Righteous And Holy In His Lifetime. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Mar 23, 2012
newmi: Its interesting how that someone who doesn't believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ is probing and making such a bold declaration l find it hularious. Why don't u speak for ur own camp of believe

does this have to do with belief? no matter what you choose to believe in, what i say is the truth.so live with it.
Re: No Man Can Constantly be Righteous And Holy In His Lifetime. by Image123(m): 11:41pm On Mar 24, 2012
With God, all things are possible, even living a constant holy life. And i can do all things through Christ my strength, even living a constant holy life.
Re: No Man Can Constantly be Righteous And Holy In His Lifetime. by FXKing2012(m): 11:25am On Mar 27, 2012
Enoch was holy all his life and thatz why he never saw death; Elijah served GOD diligently all his life and he was transported to heaven with a chariot of fire and never saw death.
So it is possible to be holy all thru life.

(1) (Reply)

Rccg Pastor Becomes Traditional Ruler / Nigerian Pastor Runs Mad While Praying For Mad Man (PHOTO) / Dr Zakir Muhammad Naik Live @ The National Stadium, Surulere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.