Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? (67389 Views)

DIY: Replacement Of Transmission Filter, 03-07 Accord 4cyl / Help...type Of Transmission And Engine Oil For 2003 Nissan Pathfinder / Is ATF Oil The Same As Power Steering Fluid? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? by justauto(m): 12:25pm On Sep 05, 2012
jbyno: what kind of transmission fluid is suitable for a 2002 bmw x5?

DEXTRON 3
Re: What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? by justauto(m): 12:27pm On Sep 05, 2012
lacasa: Best Atf fσr 2005 accord 4cyl wt 70k mileage?? smiley

Dextron 6
Re: What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? by vitality22(m): 4:12pm On Sep 07, 2012
Which ATF is best for Nissan xterra 2001?
Thanks a million
Re: What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? by justauto(m): 6:04pm On Sep 07, 2012
lacasa: Best Atf fσr 2005 accord 4cyl wt 70k mileage?? smiley

Dextron 3
Re: What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? by vitality22(m): 11:51am On Sep 08, 2012
vitality22: Which ATF is best for Nissan xterra 2001?
Thanks a million
My chairman, pls am still waiting. Do you have an office in portharcourt so i can bring the ride for you to check it.
Thanks
Re: What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? by justauto(m): 4:07pm On Sep 08, 2012
vitality22:
My chairman, pls am still waiting. Do you have an office in portharcourt so i can bring the ride for you to check it.
Thanks

We do not have a branch in ph.. Dextron 3 for 2001 to 2004 Nissan external.
Re: What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? by dradoyi(m): 9:11pm On Sep 08, 2012
Thanks for the interesting thread. Pls which ATF would you recommend for Toyota sienna 2002 model? Mine is under 140000 miles, the transmission has been smooth thus far. I ve covered approximately 15000 miles.. I guess it makes sense if I change the ATF now. Pls I patiently await your response.. Dnt want any mech doing trial n error wit my baby. If you can recommend any mech in Makurdi.. I will really appreciate it.
Re: What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? by kenmaro: 12:58pm On Sep 09, 2012
Pls, where can i get atf M-V in Lagos for my 2007 mazda 6 and what's d price like?
Thanks
Re: What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? by justauto(m): 2:00pm On Sep 10, 2012
dradoyi: Thanks for the interesting thread. Pls which ATF would you recommend for Toyota sienna 2002 model? Mine is under 140000 miles, the transmission has been smooth thus far. I ve covered approximately 15000 miles.. I guess it makes sense if I change the ATF now. Pls I patiently await your response.. Dnt want any mech doing trial n error wit my baby. If you can recommend any mech in Makurdi.. I will really appreciate it.

dextron 3. toyota recommends atf change every 100k km.
Re: What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? by justauto(m): 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2012
kenmaro: Pls, where can i get Mercon-V atf in Lagos for my 2007 mazda 6 and what's d price like?
Thanks!

No idea but dextrin 6 is ok
Re: What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? by massaro11: 4:00pm On Sep 12, 2012
Dont kill your car.For all hondas eg civic use ATF Z1 sold by Honda place in Lagos and PH for 18900 naira for 4 litres.
Re: What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? by justauto(m): 4:10am On Sep 14, 2012
massaro11: Dont kill your car.For all hondas eg civic use ATF Z1 sold by Honda place in Lagos and PH for 18900 naira for 4 litres.

Massaro, why not create a thread? This is not Honda advert thread. Car manufacturer and SAE recommends most of the DEXTRON, mecon etc ATF oil as alternative to manufacturers recommended oil.
Re: What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? by vitality22(m): 3:29pm On Nov 08, 2012
Pls, can somebody help me here. Which type of oil is Dexron 111? I mean which company makes Dexron 111 ATF oil? Is it Oando, mobil or which company? Pls help a brother in need.
Re: What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? by justauto(m): 9:36am On Nov 09, 2012
Dexron is the trade name for a group of technical specifications of automatic transmission fluid created by General Motors (GM). The name is a registered trademark of GM, which licenses the name and specifications to external companies which manufacture the fluid and sell it under their own brands. GM has upgraded the Dexron specifications over the years; newer fluids are generally but not always backward compatible with previous Dexron fluids. The current fluid is Dexron-VI, introduced in 2005. Originally the Dexron name was associated exclusively with automatic transmission fluids, but more recently[when?] GM has released Dexron-branded gear oils. The brand name is commonly mispronounced as "Dex-tron". Yon can buy from Mobil but make sure dextrin 111 is written on bottle or come to 270 ikorodu road, Obanikoro Lagos

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? by vitality22(m): 11:32am On Nov 09, 2012
justauto: Dexron is the trade name for a group of technical specifications of automatic transmission fluid created by General Motors (GM). The name is a registered trademark of GM, which licenses the name and specifications to external companies which manufacture the fluid and sell it under their own brands. GM has upgraded the Dexron specifications over the years; newer fluids are generally but not always backward compatible with previous Dexron fluids. The current fluid is Dexron-VI, introduced in 2005. Originally the Dexron name was associated exclusively with automatic transmission fluids, but more recently[when?] GM has released Dexron-branded gear oils. The brand name is commonly mispronounced as "Dex-tron". Yon can buy from Mobil but make sure dextrin 111 is written on bottle or come to 270 ikorodu road, Obanikoro Lagos
Thanks a bunch. Am in Portharcourt. Please how many bottles will be enough for a Nissan xterra? i intend to change the fluid tomorrow saturday. A friend said i needed 6 bottles. Is it true?
I hope Dextron 111 is ok for a Nissan xterra 2001 model? Please, am waiting for your reply ASAP.
Thanks once more
Re: What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? by justauto(m): 1:11pm On Nov 09, 2012
Dextron 111 is ok for xterra
Re: What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? by Chuksyno(m): 12:54pm On Nov 15, 2012
Pls Chairman what do u know abt seahorse atf? What brand of dextron does it belong to? It is ragnant in Onitsha and datz my favourite on my 1994 mercedes 230E.
Re: What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? by Nobody: 2:52am On Nov 16, 2012
Abro premium is a common ATF in the market. Is anything wrong with this ATF because I see that itr has never been mentioned here. I am waiting.
Re: What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? by justauto(m): 8:26pm On Nov 19, 2012
Chuksyno: Pls Chairman what do u know abt seahorse atf? What brand of dextron does it belong to? It is ragnant in Onitsha and datz my favourite on my 1994 mercedes 230E.
Seahorse has DEXTRON 11 and 111.
Re: What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? by justauto(m): 8:28pm On Nov 19, 2012
tpacalipse: Abro premium is a common ATF in the market. Is anything wrong with this ATF because I see that itr has never been mentioned here. I am waiting.
Abro ATF is good if you get the original.
Re: What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? by greatlee(m): 8:45pm On Dec 14, 2012
Please I need advice on the best ATF oil for my 1999 Isuzu rodeo. Please help.
Re: What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? by Funjay(m): 3:24pm On Dec 17, 2012
Pls, is deir any need to change ATF just because u've used it for a while as a form of servicing the gear? my ATF is still full but my mechanic sed i shld do general service and change it, its Type I-IV of Toyota Corrolla 2005.

Its even written deir (ATF cap - measuring gauge) that no need to change ATF. Please advice as I am about to do general service.
Re: What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? by anneki(m): 6:08pm On Dec 30, 2012
ATF DW-1 is available from a company called SOLUTIONS PLUS LTD. They are based in Yaba, Lagos. They also sell 5w-20 and 5w-30 engine oils for japanese, korean, and american cars. Their numbers are 0706 700 9400, 0708 160 9482, & 0909 685 1969.
Re: What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? by justauto(m): 5:20pm On Feb 22, 2013
sorry this is coming late, pls do not change the oil except if the ATF is burnt. If you have to change please buy dextron 3.

Funjay: Pls, is deir any need to change ATF just because u've used it for a while as a form of servicing the gear? my ATF is still full but my mechanic sed i shld do general service and change it, its Type I-IV of Toyota Corrolla 2005.

Its even written deir (ATF cap - measuring gauge) that no need to change ATF. Please advice as I am about to do general service.
Re: What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? by justauto(m): 5:21pm On Feb 22, 2013
Dextron 3
greatlee: Please I need advice on the best ATF oil for my 1999 Isuzu rodeo. Please help.
Re: What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? by kisibo: 10:11am On Feb 24, 2013
@OP tanks 4 dis wonderfl tread....my uncle just service his toyota carina e with abro premium type A cos dat is wat he used to service it a year ago and he is ignorant about suitable atf to use.....do u tink he sud change d atf ?, is yes den what is d best atf to use?
Re: What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? by Ngutor(m): 8:48pm On Feb 24, 2013
Good day. Very informing thread. Please what ATF is suitable for a 1999 Honda Accord. Waiting eagerly
Re: What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? by Alldruns: 6:40am On Mar 20, 2013
Pls atf is meant for toyota rav4 1999 model?

Can u also advice on engine oil for d same suv?

Thank u o.
Re: What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? by justauto(m): 6:08pm On Mar 25, 2013
kisibo: @OP tanks 4 dis wonderfl tread....my uncle just service his toyota carina e with abro premium type A cos dat is wat he used to service it a year ago and he is ignorant about suitable atf to use.....do u tink he sud change d atf ?, is yes den what is d best atf to use?
Abro premium is ok
Re: What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? by justauto(m): 6:08pm On Mar 25, 2013
Dextron 3
Ngutor: Good day. Very informing thread. Please what ATF is suitable for a 1999 Honda Accord. Waiting eagerly
Re: What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? by justauto(m): 6:09pm On Mar 25, 2013
Alldruns: Pls atf is meant for toyota rav4 1999 model?

Can u also advice on engine oil for d same suv?

Thank u o.
Engine oil: Mobil XHP ATF: Dextron 3
Re: What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? by Amaizu(m): 11:05pm On Mar 26, 2013
Pls what ATF would be ok for my 2001 Isuzu Rodeo with 140K miles.Is there any difference between Dexron III and Dexron IIID

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) / Boy Constructs 'Keke Napep' With Slippers In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Fatal Accident Today At Third Mainland Bridge,Lagos,Many Feared Dead(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.