Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,791 members, 7,831,556 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Flash Drive (help) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Flash Drive (help) (861 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flash Drive (help) by THO: 11:30am On Oct 30, 2007
I bought this flash disk from smdy, some times if i want to open wt I saved on it, i will find out that my saved file is already corrupt and I won't be able to read it again. I have tried formating it but the problem continues.
   SOMEBODY PLS HELP!
Re: Flash Drive (help) by my2cents(m): 1:23am On Oct 31, 2007
did you for a fact check it to make sure it was working before you parted with your money? If you did, next question: how are you removing the flash drive after saving stuff? Typically, you want to go to the right hand side of your task bar, right-click on the drive (F in my case) and left-click on "remove hardware". It should bring up a window which will enable you to select the Flash drive. You select the drive and click the "safely remove hardware (or whatever it says)" button. You should then get a popup window that says, "you can now safely remove (or whatever it says)".

From experience, I have found that removing the drive without going through the process above can atimes result in corrupt files.

Let us know if this helps.
Re: Flash Drive (help) by THO: 8:10am On Oct 31, 2007
Thanks very much but i use to close it as u directed before removing.

If their is another solution pls give me I will appreciate.
Re: Flash Drive (help) by somze(f): 8:20am On Oct 31, 2007
The Flash drive is clearly a fake, you may need a new one.

Do not always format your drives . . . flash or otherwise . . . it reduces the lifespan.

Dont write directly on your Flash from applications like saving from Word, browser, Powerpoint etc.
Save the file on your desktop then transfer it using copy and paste [copy NOT cut] to your Flash Drive.

Try your possible best to keep your flash drive away from systems that may contain viruses . . . cybercafes
Check to see an uptodate antivirus exist in the system first.

Finally, back up whatever important data you have in atleast 2 different places. Do not leave it just on your flash.
The effects of a crash may be devastating. wink
Re: Flash Drive (help) by THO: 10:28am On Nov 07, 2007
I have formated and scan my Flash drive and is now working properly.

Thank u all for your advice so far.

(1) (Reply)

Cant We Crate A Search Engine Web Site / Help Me / Research And Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.