Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,893 members, 7,866,406 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 04:54 PM

Roses From Concrete - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Roses From Concrete (621 Views)

Fish Farming Made Easy With Collapsible Pond, No More Concrete/ Earthen Ponds, / Start Concrete Block Making Business With Just #600,000 Naira / Invest In Concrete Mixer Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Roses From Concrete by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 20, 2012
"The beauty of life is not in the splendor of things created to a point of perfection,but lies in the ability of the most grotesque to compete favorably with the best even to the point of subduing them"
This may not make sense to the some people and traders sitting on affluence and comfort,but when you fight from a very disadvantaged position,every time you loose,you have also won. Let me give a very brief introduction of how this all started. Was in my little house at a suburb of Ikeka Lagos,Opebi precisely resting after a damning week of hectic work and traffic jams. I tuned in to a local radio station and something caught my interest as someone was bragging about being a forex trader who has made millions being a forex trader,my senses of hearing tingled since anything that has to do with success catches my fancy. To cut the long story short,this "forex mentor" was going to organize a teaching session for just one day where he claimed he will turn all the attendees to money making machines for a very exorbitant fee! The sirens of fraudulent business started blaring in core of my mental basement. After all this I was disturbed,but then I asked myself "what is this forex trading all about?" I flipped the lids of my laptop open and typed "FOREX TRADING" into google and like a time tunnel I was sucked in.
From then till now has been a journey of self discovery,self help,deep personal studies,trailer load of candles burned in midnight researches and a wide array of experimentations,the details of all this is a topic for another day. But the aim of today's article is to hand laurels and encouragement to Nigerian forex traders who may have joined the business in a similar or varying circumstances. Against all odds,these brewing army of passionate young men and women have defied all odds to join the global struggle to tap from the fountain of the currency markets. They have refused to be silenced by the harshness of the business,they have swarmed the brokers,opening live accounts and trading the hell out of them (whether wins or loses),despite the depressing conditions of the country,gloomy economy,dearth of public and social infrastructure,marginalization from most brokers(as some of them reject Nigerians or make stringent requirements) yet still we trade.
We trade against all odds,where internet connections are wobbly,expensive and unreliable,power supply is epileptic,security is in disarray,stability and peace of mind which plays a major psychological role in becoming successful is but a dream here,still we trade. We scrape the very last of the resources we can muster,we start accounts with $100 because its all we can afford,still we trade. As Nigerians,we believe we can get to the top against all odds,we know that we are highly intelligent and special people despite negative media publicity,negative trends in our national life and bad reputation from few bad eggs contaminating the whole crate.
I want to use this opportunity to raise my cap for every Nigerian trader,man,woman,young and old. It does not matter whether you have $1 or a million in your trading account,it does not matter whether you are a winner or a loser,I salute your doggedness,your courage,your non damning beliefs,your green spirits,we will make it in this business if we keep our eyes on the finish line. We can achieve the dreams of working from home,the dreams of making good and steady income from the markets. We are Nigerians and we never say never!!!
"People see me and they castigate me because of the few scratches I have on me,instead of appreciating my beauty and praising the miracles surrounding my existence all they see are my flaws,for God's sake I must bear some scratches because I'm a rose that sprouted from concrete"
-Tupac Amaru Shakur-

www.swanfxgroup.com
www.swanfxgroup.
Re: Roses From Concrete by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 04, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Win A Brand New Laptop Or A Blackberry / Paid-to-read(ptr) / Please Beware Of Eddy.ray He Is A Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.