Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

"Destroy All Churches In The Arabian Peninsula" - Saudi Grand Mufti - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Destroy All Churches In The Arabian Peninsula" - Saudi Grand Mufti (1468 Views)

Pope Francis Says All Churches That Don't Help The Poor Must Pay Taxes / Warnings From Jesus Christ To Churches in Nigeria - Linda Ngaujah / Saudi Arabia Declares Destruction Of All Churches In Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Destroy All Churches In The Arabian Peninsula" - Saudi Grand Mufti by mazaje(m): 8:47pm On Mar 20, 2012
The Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia has said that all churches in the Arabian Peninsula must be destroyed. The statement prompted anger and dismay from Christians throughout the Middle East.

Grand Mufti Sheikh Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah made the controversial statement in a response to a question from a Kuwaiti NGO delegation. A Kuwaiti parliamentarian had called for a ban on the construction of new churches in February, but so far the initiative has not been passed into law. The NGO, called the Society of the Revival of Islamic Heritage, asked the Sheikh to clarify what Islamic law says on the matter.

The Grand Mufti, who is the highest official of religious law in Saudi Arabia, as well as the head of the Supreme Council of Islamic Scholars, cited the Prophet Mohammed, who said the Arabian Peninsula is to exist under only one religion.
The Sheikh went on to conclude that it was therefore necessary for Kuwait, being a part of the Arabian Peninsula, to destroy all churches on its territory.
In February, Kuwaiti MP Osama al-Munawar announced on Twitter that he was planning to submit legislation that would remove all churches in the country. However, he later clarified that existing churches should remain, while the construction of new non-Islamic places of worship would be banned.

Another MP, Mohamemd Hayef, backed al-Munawar, saying the number of churches in the country was already disproportionate to the number of Christians.

As for Saudi Arabia, all religions other than Islam are banned and there are no churches, although a small minority of Christians is theoretically allowed to practice their religion in the privacy of their own home.

http://rt.com/news/peninsula-saudi-grand-mufti-701/

Yet these same bastard will come and be lying that Islam is a religion of peace. . .Islam is a religion of peace just as North Korea is also known as the democratic people's republic of Korea(DPRK). . . .The slaves of Allah keep leaving the violent middle east in large numbers and going to the infidel west and expect to be accepted and tolerated despite their very backward way of life when they constantly refuse to accept and tolerate others in their own intolerant countries. . .Islam remains the worst religion on earth. . .
Re: "Destroy All Churches In The Arabian Peninsula" - Saudi Grand Mufti by LagosShia: 1:12am On Mar 21, 2012
firstly,let me say that the mufti of saudi arabia is not a muslim.ask me why and i would tell you.

secondly,the hadith he attributes to the Prophet (sa) is not true and false when examined in the light of Quranic verses.

thirdly,those churches found in some countries in the arabian peninsula are not opened for the indigenes or by the indigenes.they are opened by and for expatriate communities working there to cater to their religious needs to have somewhere to worship.they are not there to spread christianity.defnitely,in the holy cities like Makkah and Medinah,it is unacceptable to have a church as it is unacceptable to have a mosque in the vatican city.non-muslims are even not allowed entrance to the holy places which are meant for muslims and i support that and stand by that.also,i am not defending the deceptive christian missionaries but truth be told about the matter.

lastly,what does a self-proclaimed atheist like "mazaje" care about churches being destroyed? doesn't that do you favor and one less thing to worry about?
Re: "Destroy All Churches In The Arabian Peninsula" - Saudi Grand Mufti by mazaje(m): 3:55am On Mar 21, 2012
It bothers me because I see muslims here in the west enjoying the right to practice their religion freely while they refuse to allow others practice theirs in their own muslim dominated lands. . .That's stupid. . .
Re: "Destroy All Churches In The Arabian Peninsula" - Saudi Grand Mufti by manmacho: 7:54am On Mar 21, 2012
if islam has done its home work well, it should not be afraid of the impart of other religion.

it only claims to be tolerant in theory not in practise
Re: "Destroy All Churches In The Arabian Peninsula" - Saudi Grand Mufti by mazaje(m): 12:36pm On Mar 28, 2012
manmacho: if islam has done its home work well, it should not be afraid of the impart of other religion.

it only claims to be tolerant in theory not in practise

What exactly are muslims afraid of?. . .
Re: "Destroy All Churches In The Arabian Peninsula" - Saudi Grand Mufti by Callotti: 12:57pm On Mar 28, 2012
Not unusual.
Lucifer was part of God's kingdom too!
The beauty of religion.
You can never tell real from fake!

Make them kill themselves finish abeg!
God bless atheists and agnostics!

WHY DON'T WE HAVE THESE SAME PROBLEMS IN PLACES LIKE QATAR OR THE UAE?
Are there no churches in such countries?

(1) (Reply)

Why I Need A New Wife Now ––pastor Anselm Madubuko / Real Or Fake: ANGEL Appears In A Nigerian Church?!? / Pastor Kumuyi Bans Ios & Android Devices In Deeper Life Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.