Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,138 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Manchester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 21st March 2012 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 21st March 2012 (9774 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match?

Manchester City: 29% (18 votes)
Draw: 4% (3 votes)
Chesea: 65% (40 votes)
This poll has ended

Leicester Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 14th December 2015 / West Ham Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 24th October 2015 / Newcastle Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 21st March 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 21st March 2012 by chamotex(m): 12:32am On Mar 21, 2012
The media circus surrounding the return of Carlos Tevez may give the tabloids something to write about, but it may very well detract from what is a vital game for the blue half of Manchester against resurgent Chelsea.

In form and fit, Tevez would be an important player as City begin their title run-in with ground to catch up on rivals United, and it seems likely that the Argentine will be on the bench to face the Blues. But whether or not he is on the pitch, the furore caused by his return - will Mancini bring him on? What will the reaction of the fans be? - will cause problems that City could perhaps do without.
Indeed, having lost against Swansea in the league and crashing out of the Europa League to Sporting Lisbon, it has not been a good few weeks for Roberto Mancini's men. Falling four points behind United in the title race, this will be a real test of their mettle and they have to win if they have any hopes of catching them. The return of inspirational skipper Vincent Kompany could be key to turning around their recent poor run, although he faces a late fitness test.

In almost total contrast, Chelsea have been in great form under interim manager Roberto Di Matteo and have a 100% record since Roman Abramovich took the decision to sack Andre Villas-Boas. Wins in their last four games in all competitions is their best run since September and the incredible comeback against Napoli in the Champions League has ensured there is a buzz around the club.
As if it needed a further one, Fernando Torres even broke his 25 hour goalscoring drought and bagged a brace in the FA Cup win against Leicester. If the Spain striker can go some way to proving why the club splashed £50 million on him, then it could be a great night for the Blues even without injured captain/cheerleader John Terry.

The Blues may not be in contention for the title this year but they can certainly have a say over where it ends up. It is worth remembering though that City have won their last 19 Premier League home games and could set the record for the competition's longest ever run of home victories if they win this match; setting a record will, however, be low on their list of priorities.

Manchester City player to watch: Carlos Tevez. Whether he comes on, or not, it matters little as Tevez will be in the spotlight from the moment he arrives at the stadium until the moment he leaves it. The Argentine has not been a popular player since his decision not to warm up against Bayern in the Champions League back in September and his AWOL escape to his homeland after. Now showing a willingness to be involved again, he needs to play in seven of the last ten games to get himself a Premier League winners' medal should the Citizens prevail at the end of the season. The question is: can he be trusted? He has scored in each of his last five Premier League appearances against Chelsea after all...

Match
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 21st March 2012 by MeGaStReEt: 2:08am On Mar 21, 2012
[size=13pt]Man City 1 - 3 Chelsea[/size]

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 21st March 2012 by scopusng(m): 9:18am On Mar 21, 2012
MeGaStReEt: [size=13pt]Man City 1 - 3 Chelsea[/size]

Mancity 2 Chelsea 0

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 21st March 2012 by Vansnickers: 9:24am On Mar 21, 2012
Chelsea 4 - 1 Man City

Chelsea: Mata, Torres( Hat Trick).
Man City: Aguero.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 21st March 2012 by airmark(m): 9:49am On Mar 21, 2012
Van snickers: Chelsea 4 - 1 Man City

Have they played the match?
Even Prophet TB Joshua never did this.
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 21st March 2012 by piica(m): 9:51am On Mar 21, 2012

mancity 2 0 chealse
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 21st March 2012 by njanka: 10:07am On Mar 21, 2012
on current form Chelsea should win maybe by 2 -1
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 21st March 2012 by ugbeda(m): 10:13am On Mar 21, 2012
Man City 2- 2 chelsea. up gunners!!!!!!! for life
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 21st March 2012 by sicily4u: 10:54am On Mar 21, 2012
Up Man U

but chelsea try to beat this noisy neighbor
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 21st March 2012 by IYANGBALI: 10:58am On Mar 21, 2012
chelsea go out there and retain my 4 points for me.UNITED TILL I DIE.
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 21st March 2012 by Olaolufred(m): 11:04am On Mar 21, 2012
Make or mar for MAN C.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 21st March 2012 by realwale: 11:31am On Mar 21, 2012

dont put ur money on dat scoreline,d best chelsea can take out from dis game is a draw.i know they are going down tonight.
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 21st March 2012 by realwale: 11:36am On Mar 21, 2012
Van snickers: Chelsea 4 - 1 Man City

bros he be like say u don get ogogoro anointing because ur pastor sef no go come up with dat kin prediction.
Di matteo wont be lucky tonight.
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 21st March 2012 by mufc009(m): 11:36am On Mar 21, 2012
Man city ⑥6 Chelsea ①1
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 21st March 2012 by realwale: 11:43am On Mar 21, 2012
Olaolufred: Make or mar for MAN C.

Mancini nd his boys know how important this match is. They will need dis game to prove how serious they are and dat they have joined d big boys on top. A loss is a goodbye kiss to deir EPL trophy ambition and will also dent deir image. A loss will bring all their work down nd they might never get this close for another 10yrs.deir failure to win will surely lead to d disintegration of d team. So Mancini better gets his acts right.

I am Man Utd fan but i want Man City to win d league,they deserve it,man u are just lucky to be on top.
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 21st March 2012 by Ndjones(m): 11:57am On Mar 21, 2012
realwale:

Mancini nd his boys know how important this match is. They will need dis game to prove how serious they are and dat they have joined d big boys on top. A loss is a goodbye kiss to deir EPL trophy ambition and will also dent deir image. A loss will bring all their work down nd they might never get this close for another 10yrs.deir failure to win will surely lead to d disintegration of d team. So Mancini better gets his acts right.

I am Man Utd fan but i want Man City to win d league,they deserve it,man u are just lucky to be on top.
You are not a Man United fan, because no sane United fan will make this type of comment. I BLEED 4 UNITED
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 21st March 2012 by collinsfbi(m): 12:12pm On Mar 21, 2012
realwale:

You have spoken well, God bless you. Man City deserves to win EPL because they play well this season and so, I give them my support. Though liverpool is my EPL team but I know top 4 is even hard for them and that is why I am giving my 100% support to the city because they deserve it. Man U did not play anything this season, they are just fortunate to be on top. Gbabee, it's going to be a most victory for City with a welcome back party match for Tevez.

Man City 3 - 1 Chelsea

Gbammm over and out

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 21st March 2012 by chelseabmw(m): 12:18pm On Mar 21, 2012
we are winning this 2-1 in fvour of chelsea
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 21st March 2012 by chelseabmw(m): 12:21pm On Mar 21, 2012
SUDDENLY ALL MANUTD FANS ARE NOW JOINING CHELSEA grin grin
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 21st March 2012 by flexdee(m): 12:27pm On Mar 21, 2012
Chelsea is winning the match tonite by 3-1, though i'd love man city to win the league.
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 21st March 2012 by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 21, 2012
We go win sha. Na wetin i knw.
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 21st March 2012 by destinedvcde(m): 12:47pm On Mar 21, 2012
Man City -1 Chelsea 3. I am a united Fan supporting Chelsea just for 2day. Chelsea are sore LUSSERS! grin, I only hope they don't dissapoint me
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 21st March 2012 by balium(m): 12:49pm On Mar 21, 2012
chelsea all the way. 1 man city chelsea 4. drogba to score hatrick
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 21st March 2012 by godys(m): 1:27pm On Mar 21, 2012
Chelsa will win tonigt.2.0
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 21st March 2012 by OLAMINREWA(m): 3:10pm On Mar 21, 2012
ready to set city ablaze...
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 21st March 2012 by tioluwani(m): 3:24pm On Mar 21, 2012
Man city 1 Chelsea 2, I trust those cabals......, God will help them to do it again.[b][/b]
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 21st March 2012 by tribalism(m): 5:12pm On Mar 21, 2012
wish chelsea the best of game today and always. chelsea 3 _ man city 1. UP CHELSEA! UP CHELSEA!! UP CHELSEA!!!
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 21st March 2012 by realwale: 6:10pm On Mar 21, 2012
Ndjones:
You are not a Man United fan, because no sane United fan will make this type of comment. I BLEED 4 UNITED

ndjones,i am a utd fan and i will always be. We both know since we disgraced arsenal nd beat chelsea,we hv nt palyed well.we even lost at home to bottom placed blackburn on ferguson 70th birthday.Liverpool bundled us out of d FA cup in an embarrassing manner.two unknown teams made a hell of our champs lge campaign,lost at home to ajax and bilbao to go out of d europa.it has bn a bad season. My reason for wanting d EPL to go d way of ManCity is because if we go trophyless,Fergie will learn his lessons and prepare better for next season. Pls ndjones respond
Re: Manchester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 21st March 2012 by realwale: 6:15pm On Mar 21, 2012
collinsfbi:

You have spoken well, God bless you. Man City deserves to win EPL because they play well this season and so, I give them my support. Though liverpool is my EPL team but I know top 4 is even hard for them and that is why I am giving my 100% support to the city because they deserve it. Man U did not play anything this season, they are just fortunate to be on top. Gbabee, it's going to be a most victory for City with a welcome back party match for Tevez.

Man City 3 - 1 Chelsea

Gbammm over and out

thank u my broda,i dont like sentiments rather i prefer rewarding merit. ManUtd lost d fa cup,chmps lge,europa lge nd carling to weaker teams. Let us go trophyless like arsenal so dat we can come back better prepared for next season. Fergie has lost it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Southampton (2 - 0) On 24th February 2019 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2023/2024 / Stoke Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) - On 26th August 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.