Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,100 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

"Toronto Certificates" - Police Arraign 43 Recruits For Forgery - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Toronto Certificates" - Police Arraign 43 Recruits For Forgery (4466 Views)

APC Full Of Toronto Certificate Holders – Sambo / Sammie Okposo Apologies To Buhari For Saying He Should Be Flogged For Forgery / Sammie Okposo Slams Buhari, Says He Should Be Flogged For Forgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Toronto Certificates" - Police Arraign 43 Recruits For Forgery by Beaf: 2:06am On Mar 21, 2012
[size=14pt]Police Arraign 43 Recruits For Forgery[/size]
Published on March 20, 2012 by

Police recruits numbering 43 were on Monday, arraigned before four Magistrates’ Courts in Ilorin for allegedly presenting fake documents for their recruitment into the Nigeria Police Force at the Police Training School, Ilorin .

Three of the courts granted some of the accused bail while one ordered 10 others to be remanded in prison.

The Chief Magistrate, Malam Nureni Kuranga, ordered the remand of the 10 accused persons brought before his court and adjourned the case to March 28 for further mention.

In their separate rulings, Chief Magistrate Lekan Adegbite and Senior Magistrate Wahab Saka, granted each of the accused persons bail in the sum of N50, 000 with a surety in like sum.

However, Saka added that the sureties must swear to an affidavit of means before the court’s registrar and adjourned the case to April 3 for further mention.

Magistrate Simbiat Mohammed in her own ruling, also granted 13 accused persons bail in the sum of N50, 000 but with two sureties in like sum.

She said that the sureties must sign an undertaking with the court and swear to an affidavit of means before the accused could be released.

She then adjourned the case to April 18 for further mention.

In their First Information Reports, the police prosecutor, told the courts that the accused persons had tendered fake documents at their point of entry and that a subsequent screening revealed that the documents were forged.

All the accused persons were arraigned on a four-count charge of criminal conspiracy, forgery, impersonation and possessing fake certificates.

The charges contravened sections 97, 363, 132 and 163 of the Penal Code.

According to the charge sheet, a team of detectives from the Monitoring Unit of the Nigeria Police Force Headquarters, Abuja, arrested the accused during screening.

They were alleged to have tendered various certificates ranging from Senior School Certificate (SSCE), Nigerian Certificate of Education (NCE) to University Degrees for the exercise.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/03/20/police-arraign-43-recruits-for-forgery/
Re: "Toronto Certificates" - Police Arraign 43 Recruits For Forgery by Arouser(m): 9:05am On Mar 21, 2012
Why grant some of them bail? These guys must be Boko Haram militants trying to infiltrate the Nigerian Police Force.
Re: "Toronto Certificates" - Police Arraign 43 Recruits For Forgery by Afam4eva(m): 9:07am On Mar 21, 2012
What are their names?
Re: "Toronto Certificates" - Police Arraign 43 Recruits For Forgery by samcus(m): 9:27am On Mar 21, 2012
Am tired of dis country called nigeria where evrything goes wrong
Re: "Toronto Certificates" - Police Arraign 43 Recruits For Forgery by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 21, 2012
Did they graduate from university of toronto ?
Re: "Toronto Certificates" - Police Arraign 43 Recruits For Forgery by 27naira(m): 11:19am On Mar 21, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Did they graduate from university of toronto ?

cheesy

they graduated from Washington University of Police academy, department of anti-terror bombardment and bomb detonation. grin grin

1 Like

Re: "Toronto Certificates" - Police Arraign 43 Recruits For Forgery by Pakavy(m): 11:36am On Mar 21, 2012
afam4eva: What are their names?
buhari,babangida and shagari
Re: "Toronto Certificates" - Police Arraign 43 Recruits For Forgery by tigerleggs(m): 12:38pm On Mar 21, 2012
This is serious. Later, they'd pass out from police college as Nigerian Persecution Officers.
Re: "Toronto Certificates" - Police Arraign 43 Recruits For Forgery by basadenet: 12:46pm On Mar 21, 2012
Thank God they are caught before they enter the system.They should all made to face the maximum penalty so as serve as deterrent to others like them. It is possible there may still be many of them in Police Force.I suggest that this screening exercise be carried out on the present serving officers of Police Force.
Re: "Toronto Certificates" - Police Arraign 43 Recruits For Forgery by gegee(m): 12:54pm On Mar 21, 2012
see husle
Re: "Toronto Certificates" - Police Arraign 43 Recruits For Forgery by ismhab(m): 2:02pm On Mar 21, 2012
I'm 100‏%‏ sure they are all igbos.

Re: "Toronto Certificates" - Police Arraign 43 Recruits For Forgery by gegee(m): 2:08pm On Mar 21, 2012
ismhab: I'm 100‏%‏ sure they are all igbos.

ur papa !!!
Re: "Toronto Certificates" - Police Arraign 43 Recruits For Forgery by destinedvcde(m): 2:52pm On Mar 21, 2012

1 Like

Re: "Toronto Certificates" - Police Arraign 43 Recruits For Forgery by Gift4all(m): 3:09pm On Mar 21, 2012
There are many police officers with fake certificates in the NPF, Army etc. Minimum qualification for Police recruits was SSCE, but is now OND/NCE. Many unemployed youths who joined the Police do so not because they like to, but just for the sake of getting something to hold body. It will surprise you if you hear of the bribes these youths pay to get recruited. Some pay as much as N200,000. Now, the question is, who screened these guys before they were recruited? The same Police officers collected bribe from desperate unemployed youths, screened and cleared them only for another set of Police officers to re-screen the and charged them to court? I don't support forgery/crime, but those Police officers who screened them in the first instance should be charged to court for the same or some of the charges too.

1 Like

Re: "Toronto Certificates" - Police Arraign 43 Recruits For Forgery by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 21, 2012
they were caught in ilorin, and u say they are igbos? so igbos have also take over ilorin? i thoghut it was only lagos, igbos have taken over. big fool
Re: "Toronto Certificates" - Police Arraign 43 Recruits For Forgery by GeeCee(m): 4:10pm On Mar 21, 2012
Is it that some people are just on NL to make sure that all threads are tribalised? Cos i don't know why someone will say they must be igbo.
Ismhab, you need a brain check.
Re: "Toronto Certificates" - Police Arraign 43 Recruits For Forgery by ismhab(m): 5:01pm On Mar 21, 2012
gegee:

ur papa !!!
ur mama
Re: "Toronto Certificates" - Police Arraign 43 Recruits For Forgery by ismhab(m): 5:04pm On Mar 21, 2012
destinedvcde:

You must be very stupid angry, Is Boko Haram not a Nigerian Movement that is killing Inoccent citizens by the day?

And you open your wide mouth to blame "igbos", u r insane!
u are number 1 bastard i have ever seen in my life.
Re: "Toronto Certificates" - Police Arraign 43 Recruits For Forgery by ismhab(m): 5:07pm On Mar 21, 2012
crusifis: they were caught in ilorin, and u say they are igbos? so igbos have also take over ilorin? i thoghut it was only lagos, igbos have taken over. big fool
silent answer is the best answer looking to a fool like u.
Re: "Toronto Certificates" - Police Arraign 43 Recruits For Forgery by ismhab(m): 5:09pm On Mar 21, 2012
GeeCee: Is it that some people are just on NL to make sure that all threads are tribalised? Cos i don't know why someone will say they must be igbo.
Ismhab, you need a brain check.
i was just discharge from psychiatric hospital.
Re: "Toronto Certificates" - Police Arraign 43 Recruits For Forgery by destinedvcde(m): 6:22pm On Mar 21, 2012
ismhab:
u are number 1 bastard i have ever seen in my life.

I would have blamed your insanty on illitracy, you and your likes dnt bother to go to school, I honestly cnt belive u can speak english, lets just assume u were experiencing your 5-mins madness when you sent that post. (ANUOHIA)
Re: "Toronto Certificates" - Police Arraign 43 Recruits For Forgery by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 21, 2012
ismhab: I'm 100‏%‏ sure they are all igbos.

Most definitely !
Re: "Toronto Certificates" - Police Arraign 43 Recruits For Forgery by ismhab(m): 7:59pm On Mar 21, 2012
destinedvcde:

I would have blamed your insanty on illitracy, you and your likes dnt bother to go to school, I honestly cnt belive u can speak english, lets just assume u were experiencing your 5-mins madness when you sent that post. (ANUOHIA)
i can not speak English but i can write it and u dull guy understand the message point of it.
Re: "Toronto Certificates" - Police Arraign 43 Recruits For Forgery by ismhab(m): 8:01pm On Mar 21, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Most definitely !

they are
Re: "Toronto Certificates" - Police Arraign 43 Recruits For Forgery by Fhemmmy: 8:35pm On Mar 21, 2012
This is really serious.
But they should have known longer than even now, cos why would anyone with educational background from Canada wanna work with Nigerian Police Force? cool
Re: "Toronto Certificates" - Police Arraign 43 Recruits For Forgery by emmatok(m): 9:21pm On Mar 21, 2012
hmm
Re: "Toronto Certificates" - Police Arraign 43 Recruits For Forgery by Nobody: 5:02am On Mar 22, 2012
These officers would never stop fooling themselves!
Re: "Toronto Certificates" - Police Arraign 43 Recruits For Forgery by oge4real(f): 8:37pm On Mar 22, 2012
This is a right step, at least it means that someone somewhere still believes in doing the right things.
Re: "Toronto Certificates" - Police Arraign 43 Recruits For Forgery by lastpage: 8:22am On Mar 23, 2012
When you give GUNS to these kind of CRIMINALS and put Uniform on them, the result is "ACCIDENTAL DISCHARGE AND GUN-LENDING TO ARMED ROBBERS"!

Too bad for this entity called Nigeria!

Lastpage
Re: "Toronto Certificates" - Police Arraign 43 Recruits For Forgery by gegee(m): 10:53am On Mar 23, 2012
grin
ismhab:
ur mama

LOL I LAF AT U IN IGBO grin

(1) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill Rivers ANPP Chairman / B.b. Apugo: Face Of A Senile And Selfish Old Man / Nigeria Has The 4th Strongest Military In Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.