Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,428 members, 7,822,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency (5882 Views)

Nigeria Is Not Broke - Ngozi Okonjo-iweala / World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? / World Bank Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency by docjuli(m): 1:01pm On Mar 21, 2012
Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Among Candidates For World Bank President

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Nigerian Finance Minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and former Colombian Finance Minister Jose Antonio Ocampo are set to be nominated to lead the World Bank, sources with knowledge of emerging market efforts to find candidates said on Tuesday.

The candidacies of Okonjo-Iweala and Ocampo, who have credentials as both economists and diplomats and according to sources the respective backing of Brazil and South Africa, pose a challenge to the United States, whose hold on the top post has never been contested.

But with its majority of votes and the expected support of European countries, the United States is still likely to ensure that another American will succeed Robert Zoellick, who plans to step down when his term expires at the end of June.

http://af.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idAFBRE82K03V20120321

1 Like

Re: Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency by onyewec3: 3:18pm On Mar 21, 2012
For those of u criticising NOI, pls is dere any of your relation dat can do beta dan she has done?

What people don't undastand they criticise.....
What they undastand they destroy..TB joshua

Some Nigerians are ingrate, especially pple who cannot do any beta criticize!
Re: Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency by sinachiman: 3:45pm On Mar 21, 2012
Kudos to naija one gud turn will deserve another gbam
Re: Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 21, 2012
Publicity stunt :PPublicity stunt
Re: Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency by occam(m): 3:58pm On Mar 21, 2012
Good nominate her quickly. She's better suited as Policy wonk in World Bank; not economic minister of Nigeria. We need somebody that can guide our economy right, not Iweala. She's really been a waste of space

1 Like

Re: Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency by Beaf1: 3:59pm On Mar 21, 2012
onyewec3: For those of u criticising NOI, pls is dere any of your relation dat can do beta dan she has done?

What people don't undastand they criticise.....
What they undastand they destroy..TB joshua

Some Nigerians are ingrate, especially pple who cannot do any beta criticize!

^^
What does this have to do with the topic?
Re: Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency by kutchs: 4:03pm On Mar 21, 2012
Ride on Anty Ngoo, dont mind ur haters. They are annoyed u have more fame than they do. It is a recognition of ur worth, go ahead nd shame ur haters.
Re: Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency by 2rutalk1: 4:04pm On Mar 21, 2012
This is a good news. Nigeria has good brains that can help revamp the economy of this nation.
I strongly believe in Okonjo Iweala, but Soludo still remains my most favorite Economic czar even at the international level. Any time, any day.
Re: Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency by onyewec3: 4:07pm On Mar 21, 2012
Beaf!:

^^
What does this have to do with the topic?

I dropped a comment based on those having in mind to criticize wen dey don't have the moral justification to do so!
Re: Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency by ekwynwa: 4:10pm On Mar 21, 2012
i trust Igbo women , no dulling

i know some people will skip dinner today out of frustration grin

Ada Biafra carry go cool

Re: Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency by DrKnow1(m): 4:19pm On Mar 21, 2012
Okonjo Iweala is a patriot and a honest economist. She cannot succeed as a Finance minister in a country where corruption is deeply rooted in every aspect of government undertakings. She will be best suited with her appointment at the World Bank. She is too good for Nigeria - a lions den.

1 Like

Re: Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency by Okijajuju1(m): 4:30pm On Mar 21, 2012
Igbo woman and money!! Then add intelligence to it and what you get is called!!!!! OKONJO IWEALA!!

No surprises here.

Ada Igbo making us proud while Ofammanus (case in point IYABO) are embezzling public funds!!
Re: Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency by vanstanzy(m): 4:39pm On Mar 21, 2012
Dr Know: Okonjo Iweala is a patriot and a honest economist. She cannot succeed in a Finance minister in a country where corruption is deeply rooted in every aspect of government undertakings. She will be best suited with her appointment at the World Bank. She is too good for Nigeria - a lions den.

@Dr Know
She's great but Nigeria's corruption wont let her perform. Nigeria's corruption can turn an ANGEL into a demon. ITS A PITY, THOUGH. Well goodluck to her.
Re: Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency by mikeapollo: 4:39pm On Mar 21, 2012
I hope Nigerians can see clearly now?
Okonjo Iweala was promoted after she worked as Debt collector for the World Bank during the OBJ era; she rushed to pay a whopping$12billion in a full swoop to the World Bank at a time when other countries were negotiating and eventual got debt full forgivenss/cancellation.

Now again, she is a candidate for promotion at the World Bank after she has successfully instigated and implemented removal of subsidy from petroleum.
This woman is World Bank agent per excellence. She belongs to them and will always dance to their interest, and not the interest of the suffering Nigerians.

A word is enough for the wise
Re: Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency by onyewec3: 4:39pm On Mar 21, 2012
Okija_juju: Igbo woman and money!! Then add intelligence to it and what you get is called!!!!! OKONJO IWEALA!!

No surprises here.

Ada Igbo making us proud while Ofammanus (case in point IYABO) are embezzling public funds!!

U too much bro. Hw many yoruba woman don produce dis kind brain! Igbo too much..
Re: Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency by buzor(m): 4:39pm On Mar 21, 2012
goodluck to her but i dont think she has achieved much in naija...
has she being able to reduce d over bloated?
Re: Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency by madjune(m): 4:42pm On Mar 21, 2012
I HOPE THESE PPL KNOW WHT THEY ARE DOIN. THIS WOMAN IS AN END TIME AGENT, GIVEN THE POVERTY INSTRUMENT TOOL.
Re: Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency by flexgee: 5:43pm On Mar 21, 2012
@madjune, don't u have better things to say. lol
Re: Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency by onyewec3: 6:00pm On Mar 21, 2012
mikeapollo: I hope Nigerians can see clearly now?
Okonjo Iweala was promoted after she worked as Debt collector for the World Bank during the OBJ era; she rushed to pay a whopping$12billion in a full swoop to the World Bank at a time when other countries were negotiating and eventual got debt full forgivenss/cancellation.

Now again, she is a candidate for promotion at the World Bank after she has successfully instigated and implemented removal of subsidy from petroleum.
This woman is World Bank agent per excellence. She belongs to them and will always dance to their interest, and not the interest of the suffering Nigerians.

Monkey, do u think everybodi on dis forum is an illiterate like you. Where did u source ur info dat NOI is a debt collector for world bank? Oh sorry,av forgotten dat ur dad told you! Anyway, I want to educate u and whoeva is misinforming that NOI was neva a debt collector as claimed.she was MD of world bank b4 she bcame finance minister durin Obj regime.so get ur fact right and don't misinform d misinformed.

Non of ur village pple is compared to her.
Go and buy ursef zobo and have fun on d expressway.
Re: Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency by mcfestgee: 6:23pm On Mar 21, 2012
some people in naraland are paid to display foolishness, they never see anything good in this country nor the govt gej. you can continue to showcase it cos you hv been paid for it.
Re: Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency by iKoksi(m): 9:38pm On Mar 21, 2012
Go Madam, I'll pray for you.
Re: Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency by ebere1712: 10:17pm On Mar 21, 2012
Not even the devil can deny that this woman is doing the works of world bank, imf and other related criminal organisations. She has given the Nigerian economy a fatal blow to the ribs by Removing subsidy. She paid off 12b loan, only to give the criminals in government access to more funds to loot. Now Nigeria's debt is even more than it was then. People living in Nigeria, irrespective of ethnic group, should refuse people like her with all their might. You can't serve two masters at a time, especially if they have competing roles (the world bank is a creditor and Nigeria is a debtor). I hate Nigeria, but a bad economy affects everyone.
Re: Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency by Kazey1st(m): 11:31pm On Mar 21, 2012
Gud for her [color=]Gud for her [/color]Gud for her
Re: Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency by jaybee(f): 6:35am On Mar 22, 2012
docjuli: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Among Candidates For World Bank President

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Nigerian Finance Minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and former Colombian Finance Minister Jose Antonio Ocampo are set to be nominated to lead the World Bank, sources with knowledge of emerging market efforts to find candidates said on Tuesday.

The candidacies of Okonjo-Iweala and Ocampo, who have credentials as both economists and diplomats and according to sources the respective backing of Brazil and South Africa, pose a challenge to the United States, whose hold on the top post has never been contested.

But with its majority of votes and the expected support of European countries, the United States is still likely to ensure that another American will succeed Robert Zoellick, who plans to step down when his term expires at the end of June.

http://af.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idAFBRE82K03V20120321

The woman is looking for exit route from the nigerian quagmire. she doesnt seem to have anything better to offer the nigerian economy.
Re: Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency by onyewec3: 7:31am On Mar 22, 2012
occam: Good nominate her quickly. She's better suited as Policy wonk in World Bank; not economic minister of Nigeria. We need somebody that can guide our economy right, not Iweala. She's really been a waste of space

Wow...so u need someone witout nominating ursef or anyone frm ur village.aint that a show of shame?
Re: Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency by onyewec3: 7:35am On Mar 22, 2012
ebere1712: Not even the devil can deny that this woman is doing the works of world bank, imf and other related criminal organisations. She has given the Nigerian economy a fatal blow to the ribs by Removing subsidy. She paid off 12b loan, only to give the criminals in government access to more funds to loot. Now Nigeria's debt is even more than it was then. People living in Nigeria, irrespective of ethnic group, should refuse people like her with all their might. You can't serve two masters at a time, especially if they have competing roles (the world bank is a creditor and Nigeria is a debtor). I hate Nigeria, but a bad economy affects everyone.

This is d dumbest post av ever read in my entire life! Haba! Dis kind person go talk say GEJ na slowpoke whearas him na dumbest slowpoke. Do u think u can decieve us? U are a looser. Go and buy ursed gala and have fun @ d expressroad!
Re: Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency by yemmyma: 8:56am On Mar 22, 2012
Igbo people displaying ethnic bias on public forum. When one of their own is suddenly acclaimed they hold on to it forever. I hope you continue to worship her at your Okija Juju because it may take time to see another like her. Of course that does not mean she is improving Nigeria in anyway. Just that the noise abroad is overpowering the non performance at home.
Re: Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency by Henry40: 2:24pm On Mar 22, 2012
This is very highly unlikely! The whole world knows that the racist powers that be {EU and US} will keep interchanging the top offices at the World Bank and IMF between themselves. Do a little check on history. No one outside of these two regions have ever sat on any of those seats. It's part of what CNN and other media houses were criticizing when Lagarrd was put up against Ocampo. Guess who won that, despite the fact she was female?
Re: Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency by gegee(m): 2:57pm On Mar 22, 2012
mikeapollo: I hope Nigerians can see clearly now?

i don't understand why people in third world countries always see the world bank and the IMF as the devil.the devil is and has always been our bad leaders.so stop shouting world bank and IMF

1 Like

Re: Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency by occam(m): 5:05pm On Mar 22, 2012
onyewec3:

Wow...so u need someone witout nominating ursef or anyone frm ur village.aint that a show of shame?

what are you trying to say? I don't get you
Re: Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency by lacasa: 12:23pm On Mar 23, 2012
ekwy nwa: i trust Igbo women , no dulling

i know some people will skip dinner today out of frustration grin

Ada Biafra carry go cool

Ojukwu don die abeg, make we hear word
Re: Developing Nations To Nominate Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency by lacasa: 12:28pm On Mar 23, 2012
Tank heavens! Mey she carry go. She az dun enuf damage by inflicting suffering after increasing fuel price n makin life harder for the average citizen.

God will judge all oof these wicked white man slaves..

GOOD RIDDANCE TO BAD RUBBISH

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Car Tracking Story: How I recovered my stolen vehicle... / Does Nigeria Have Privacy Laws? / Give Your Business Legal Backing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.