Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) (9103 Views)

Nigerian Army Recruitment: WAEC/NECO Results From 2008 Downward Is Expired? / Expired Post_01 / Sun Newspaper Recruiting For Web Administator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 24, 2012
LeoMax: Am sorry Seun, I'd Like to pass, I make about that per month.
Me too.

Seun: The salary is N1.8m to N2.0m per year.
If it is per month now, that will be a different thing. I will pass.

Anything less than 500k per month, i will pass. But that is just me.
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Mar 24, 2012
Have all requirements, very attractive, but for the clause "Full time". i'll let this pass
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by dipo1: 6:49pm On Mar 24, 2012
binhozie:

Yeah like NTA network right. . .?
#DUMB

see whose calling someone dumb. You should be ashamed of ur level of stvpidity
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by eazyd(m): 7:49pm On Mar 24, 2012
smile4kenn: I am a programmer and I work here in the USA(I get headaches staring and hitting my fingers everyday on python, Visual studio and SQL) This is just my second year working as a programmer after uni graduation. I am paid $36 an hour and I work 40+ hours a week. Do the maths yourself cheesy

My point here is that 2m naira as a programmer in Nigeria is a good offer. As you will learn a lot working with a website with over 800k members. You will also gain a lot as per experience and CV content for future reference. I'd advice any good programmer in Naija to grab this offer! I started off with a pay lower than what the poster is offering, but what you need as a programmer is experience and CV content(reputable ones tho).

"When in doubt, use brute force." shocked olowolaiye mo. grin
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by Kaysalas(m): 3:30pm On Mar 25, 2012
Guys, personally i love the offer but i do not have the required skills. Please, for posterity sake, could you do guys like me a favour by directing us to free or relatively cheap online resources that one can study and become proficient in this fields. Please help a broda out. Kaysalas@yahoo.com
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by dipo1: 5:12pm On Mar 25, 2012
Kaysalas: Guys, personally i love the offer but i do not have the required skills. Please, for posterity sake, could you do guys like me a favour by directing us to free or relatively cheap online resources that one can study and become proficient in this fields. Please help a broda out. Kaysalas@yahoo.com

There are many online resources available for you to learn computer programming, thepiratebay.se holds many videos to teach you like u are in a class. You don't need anyone to give u any resources
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by fansystones: 3:07pm On Mar 26, 2012
cheesy hey is there stil vacancy for the jobs, I write in PHP and familar with linux and okay in any RDBMS software. I wld like to apply for database admin. I' m female
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by Lexusgs430: 4:26pm On Mar 26, 2012
Sprumbaba: hate cobra not to talk of Python. I hate them snakes.

Rolling on the floor in hysterics !!!!
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by islamrules(m): 4:36pm On Mar 26, 2012
Check out my research work.

www.preenpage.com
www.preenpage.com/standardlink

I may have the quality to work for u.
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by LailaIkeji1: 4:45pm On Mar 26, 2012
Lexusgs430:

Rolling on the floor in hysterics !!!!

Thought it was just me alone. laffsssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by SoftVersion(m): 5:06pm On Mar 26, 2012
Where are the fresh graduates of Computer Science and Engineering or probably Elect/Elect? Very soon, una go talk say no job... If you don‘t really have those skills as a graduate then u should know u need a miracle to get into the work force... Naija get problem sha...

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by DualCore1: 5:11pm On Mar 26, 2012
Kaysalas: Guys, personally i love the offer but i do not have the required skills. Please, for posterity sake, could you do guys like me a favour by directing us to free or relatively cheap online resources that one can study and become proficient in this fields. Please help a broda out. Kaysalas@yahoo.com
Google.com
Its free, its free and its free.
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by smile4kenn(m): 6:15pm On Mar 26, 2012
@eazyd,

you know how it do!
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by Kaysalas(m): 6:19pm On Mar 26, 2012
@Dualcore and Dipo+, thnx a million
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by Ghenghis(m): 7:06pm On Mar 26, 2012
Now that we're sort of on the topic (I hope) :

I think I prefer the old Nairaland theme, it was welcome and very familiar.

This new one is okay but it I think the colors are too distracting(IMHO).
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by smile4kenn(m): 7:47pm On Mar 26, 2012
@Dual Core

Go to school and learn. You can also do it the hard way by asking google.com
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by kosovo(m): 8:39pm On Mar 26, 2012
9 Million Naira a year and I will take the Job..

I will move down from S.A within the next few weeks once you accept my offer.
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by emsquare(m): 8:56pm On Mar 26, 2012
pak: I keep getting shocked the way Nlanders talk when issues of money/salary is mentioned.
The way peeps are making comments you'll think we are not in the same country where unemployment is at an all time high

I mean in reality, how many Nigerians earn as much as N1.8m per year ? (especially those outside Abuja and Lagos, and maybe PH).

The guy is like offering more than N150K per month.

How many entry level bankers even earn more than that these days talk-less of IT, where most firm pay low.

It's better to just say you don't have the skill set to qualify for the job than to make statements that seem to demean the laudable effort of this young man.

@Seun, Kudos

True talk!

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by tpia5: 11:02pm On Mar 26, 2012
moving on to where?
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by sisqology(m): 12:21am On Mar 27, 2012
Let me just hmmm
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by unclenna(m): 8:25am On Mar 27, 2012
go to www.w3schools.com you will get more than enough to read and practise
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by lond07: 9:37am On Mar 27, 2012
pak: I keep getting shocked the way Nlanders talk when issues of money/salary is mentioned.
The way peeps are making comments you'll think we are not in the same country where unemployment is at an all time high

I mean in reality, how many Nigerians earn as much as N1.8m per year ? (especially those outside Abuja and Lagos, and maybe PH).

The guy is like offering more than N150K per month.

How many entry level bankers even earn more than that these days talk-less of IT, where most firm pay low.

It's better to just say you don't have the skill set to qualify for the job than to make statements that seem to demean the laudable effort of this young man.

@Seun, Kudos

I think you are missing the point. An entry level programmer/Sys Administrator may do with 150K per anum not an experienced one. Besides we are talking about 2 skills here. If at all they get a good one, I doubt very much the fellow will stay upto a year.
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by lond07: 9:43am On Mar 27, 2012
smile4kenn: I am a programmer and I work here in the USA(I get headaches staring and hitting my fingers everyday on python, Visual studio and SQL) This is just my second year working as a programmer after uni graduation. I am paid $36 an hour and I work 40+ hours a week. Do the maths yourself cheesy

My point here is that 2m naira as a programmer in Nigeria is a good offer. As you will learn a lot working with a website with over 800k members. You will also gain a lot as per experience and CV content for future reference. I'd advice any good programmer in Naija to grab this offer! I started off with a pay lower than what the poster is offering, but what you need as a programmer is experience and CV content(reputable ones tho).

Did you note that the offer is per anum, NOT PER MONTH ? For an experienced programmer/sys. administrator?

Do the assessment again & let us know if you have a changed opinion
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by omni1: 9:44am On Mar 27, 2012
To some, WTF.... This a great must not let go offer. To others, WTF.... Is that 150K+ pay for a week or a month?

Truth is this. Any serious programmer ain't taking that offer. Gbam!!!

C'mon, one of my girlfriends gets 250K working with Photoshop and dealing out designs and a hardcore programmer will have to play with 150k+..... That's kinda dump!
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by lond07: 9:49am On Mar 27, 2012
Dual Core:

You fail to understand this is not a bank job. This is a web development/linux admin job. You cannot keep a full time web developer who knows what he is doing and pay him 150k Naira per month. You cannot keep a full time linux administrator who knows what he is doing and pay him 150k per month.

And NO, there are not much good web developers and linux administrators in Nigeria, most of what we have is people who run their mouths with Joomla and reseller webhosting accounts.

A freelance web developer who knows what he is doing can nail 3 jobs at 100 - 250k each per month.

The show-off by Leomax was highly unnecessary but I ignored him. Going through a person's post you know loud mouths and serious people.

This is a good opportunity for any medium-level web developer who is interested in learning Python. Python is not a very marketable language in the freelance industry so I don't go deep into it.

The salary of 150k per month is not a catch, its the experience, passion and the long term benefits.

P.S: Please don't talk lesser of Information Technology near Banking. Very different fields with very different possibilities. I won't give away my IT skills to be a bank manager. I don't a bank manager will give his job up to be a programmer. Its not about the money, its the passion. We are what we do.

Nice one. "its the experience, passion and the long term benefits.........Its not about the money, its the passion. We are what we do"
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by raddyworld: 1:30pm On Mar 27, 2012
seun what a good offer but i am only good at php programming and mysql. but i know with God i have the GUTS and ZEAL it takes to learn python and other programmes. my being a programmer today was achieved through the means of self education. which lead to me developing a strong secured and well programmed site. so if you wouldn't mind a trainee to blend up to your taste i am available guy my number is 08087021824
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by binhozie(m): 3:01pm On Mar 27, 2012
To all those running their mouths on how they will only take 25million per annum, and cant fly down from Silicon valley (rolls eyes),
Stay in your jobs. This is a take it or leave it offer. Do you qualify, apply. Otherwise shut up!
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by DualCore1: 4:09pm On Mar 27, 2012
smile4kenn: @Dual Core

Go to school and learn. You can also do it the hard way by asking google.com

I twist, turn and tumble PHP, MySQL and Linux in such a way that no classroom would have taught me how to. No one has to go to a school to learn what you have a passion for. Anybody with the right passion can spend zero Naira and go from zero to hero in web development. Web dev is binary, you're either zero or one.

If you are a developer/programmer as you claim then I should not be telling you how frustrating the life of a programmer/developer will be without a search engine like Google.

Information is free of charge but not free of your time and determination.

2 Likes

Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by lond07: 5:23pm On Mar 27, 2012
Dual Core:

I twist, turn and tumble PHP, MySQL and Linux in such a way that no classroom would have taught me how to. No one has to go to a school to learn what you have a passion for. Anybody with the right passion can spend zero Naira and go from zero to hero in web development. Web dev is binary, you're either zero or one.

If you are a developer/programmer as you claim then I should not be telling you how frustrating the life of a programmer/developer will be without a search engine like Google.

Information is free of charge but not free of your time and determination.

I can not just imagine a developer's life without google & co. Infact let google & others shut down for 1 month and OMG........... better imagined than real

However, I will assert firmly and confidently, that the kind and level of exposures you get working in the industry is not the same as you get learning on your own at home. The passion may be there in both, but the quality, I tell you, not the same

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by chuks87(m): 9:23am On Mar 28, 2012
Get CBT Nugget Information Technology Certification training Videos and Host of E-books. Learn any Information Technology Course frm d comfort of ur home and Office. Complete Course packages are available and grouped under the following categories:
Windows, Security, Exchange, Cisco, CompTia, Web Developer, Project Management, Citrix, Microsoft Certified Database Administrator, Programming, Ms Office, Wireless, Linux etc.
For Homes and Offices Deliveries, contact 07065216334 (SMS only), Email: Nelsojovial@yahoo.Com.
Re: Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!) by jiggo(m): 12:02pm On Mar 29, 2012
Is the job still available?

(1) (2) (3)

Transcorp Power Limited Graduate Trainee / Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers / How To Attend Interviews Successfully (getting Ready For The Big Day)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.