Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office (4965 Views)

Katsina Governor Appoints Buhari’s Principal As SUBEB Scribe / How Katsina Governor, Scammed Buhari To Get N11 Bn Bailout - Premium Times / Governor’s Office Workers In Calabar Locked-Out For Lateness (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office by Beaf: 1:31am On Mar 22, 2012
[size=14pt]Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office[/size]
Leadership Editors's picture
Wed, 21/03/2012 - 7:36pm | AGENCY REPORT

A fire outbreak on Wednesday gutted the office of Gov. Alhaji Ibrahim Shema of Katsina state, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports.

A NAN correspondent who was at the Government House in Katsina, reports that the incident occurred at about 2.00 p.m when the messenger attached to the office, noticed smoke coming out from the office.

Although journalists who attempted to reach the scene were barred, it was gathered that valuable documents and other items were totally burnt.

It was observed that the fire which lasted for about an hour, was brought under control through the combined efforts of the State Fire Service and Airport Fire Service, who used 10 water tankers to put out the raging fire.

The efforts of the fire fighters assisted in preventing the fire from engulfing the entire block.

The Deputy Governor, Alhaji Abdullahi Garba, who was at the scene, told journalists that the fire only affected the office of the governor.

``Only files and some books were consumed by the fire which was caused by some electrical faults,'' he said.

Garba, thanked God that no life was lost, and said the government would investigate the circumstances leading to the fire so as to prevent a re-occurrence.

The Police Commissioner, SSS Director and other security agents were at the scene of the incident.

NAN reports that Shema was outside the state on official assignment when the fire broke out.

NAN recalls that a similar fire incident had occurred within the complex in March 2010, when the office of the governor's Chief Security Officer was reduced to ashes. (NAN).

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/19903/2012/03/21/fire_razes_katsina_governors_office.html
Re: Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office by Goldmind1(m): 3:47am On Mar 22, 2012
Even the onlookers look like Boko haram members. North is becoming unihabitable.
Re: Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 22, 2012
What sort of governor's office is this? Was it a kiosk built of wood? grin

1 Like

Re: Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office by stepo707: 10:00am On Mar 22, 2012
blink182: What sort of governor's office is this? Was it a kiosk built of wood? grin
abi
Re: Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office by Machini(m): 10:09am On Mar 22, 2012
Dem neva tok d truth. Dis sounds more like arson to me.
Re: Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office by alex406(m): 10:15am On Mar 22, 2012
What sort of governor's office is this? Was it a kiosk built of wood? grin
Was wondering too.
Re: Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office by Afam4eva(m): 10:18am On Mar 22, 2012
That can't possibly be the office of a governor.
Re: Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 22, 2012
blink182: What sort of governor's office is this? Was it a kiosk built of wood? grin
Help me ask them o!!! Governor's house built with wood.. grin
Re: Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office by sexyglow(f): 10:26am On Mar 22, 2012
You go fear investigation...niger no go spoil at all.Long live Nigeria.LMAO y
Re: Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 22, 2012
this cant be governors office now
Re: Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office by sexyglow(f): 10:32am On Mar 22, 2012
What else does he have to say if not 'we'll investigate the matter' only good at eating and looting gays.no security and preventive measures.
Re: Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office by eyezgal(f): 10:59am On Mar 22, 2012
hmmm dis people can lie. Governor's house burn like dis, na pako they use build d house? shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office by denzel2009: 11:02am On Mar 22, 2012
The governor's market stall

1 Like

Re: Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office by mekaboy(m): 11:44am On Mar 22, 2012
MORE LIKE BOKO HARAM OFFICE. I GUESS THEY WANT TO DESTROY SOME DOCUMENTS. NAIJA FOR U grin grin LOOT AND BURN TRACES grin grin grin
Re: Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office by Okijajuju1(m): 11:51am On Mar 22, 2012

I died and ressurected like Lazarus from laugh!!

No mind all these media people. . . Them just post picture of batcher wey dey burn call am gov. office
Re: Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office by Horo(m): 11:52am On Mar 22, 2012
This should be a pafurucated story either to smear the govt image or the governor is upto something fishy
Re: Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office by markdacas: 12:09pm On Mar 22, 2012
looks like the Katsina State Gov needs a new Govt House. Thats how these corrupt MOFOS act up. But really that cant be the governors office. :
Re: Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office by niddamugu(m): 12:32pm On Mar 22, 2012

and several millions was budgeted for reconstruction. i hope account documents were not destroyed in the fire o.
Re: Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office by Cheester: 1:54pm On Mar 22, 2012
i wonder ooo,even to d xtent dt they find it difficult to control,a whole governors office.i believe dey knw dem selfs
Re: Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office by maninmood(m): 1:59pm On Mar 22, 2012

cheesy cheesy. grin Only in Nigeria
Re: Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office by olaezebala: 2:14pm On Mar 22, 2012
this definitely can not be a governor's office or na my eyes de play me wayo?
Re: Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office by Ninapha(f): 4:01pm On Mar 22, 2012
Let him manage the office by the left hand side there. At least he was lucky there is still a structure left. Can anyone see that mansion at the left hand side.
Re: Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office by jspac(m): 4:05pm On Mar 22, 2012
Ninapha: Let him manage the office by the left hand side there. At least he was lucky there is still a structure left. Can anyone see that mansion at the left hand side.
yup I think that one at the left was the real governors office grin
Re: Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office by sylve11: 4:11pm On Mar 22, 2012
hehehe! men dey try hide some secrets. . . . . grin cool
Re: Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office by Ninapha(f): 4:32pm On Mar 22, 2012
js_pac: yup I think that one at the left was the real governors office grin

They hv been deceiving us for long. Burn documents in a batcher house to kill evidence and they call press to blind us.And who are those standing out there, Government house staff? yeye
Re: Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office by Dainfamous: 4:38pm On Mar 22, 2012
burning their loots wink
Re: Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office by AnyibestDede(m): 5:08pm On Mar 22, 2012
I love my country Nigeria... Imagine them, they think we are fools dat they ll mislead. They are planing something big but God ll unface all of them. Old fools
Re: Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office by neymar11: 5:31pm On Mar 22, 2012
I died and ressurected like Lazarus from laugh!! [img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]
Re: Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office by Labishy: 6:58pm On Mar 22, 2012
Bko haram is not the problem. it is only a symptom to the problem
Re: Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 22, 2012
Wow. . . THAT was a government office? undecided
Re: Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office by odedipapa(m): 9:52pm On Mar 22, 2012
Lwkmd. Confirmed made in Nigeria. I fink dey did dt to erect anuda one made of block wall.

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Going Back On Bombing Of Niger Delta Creeks-nigerian Airforce / Breaking: New Inspector General Of Police Is Buhari's Blood Brother (see Proof) / Why Is The South West Afraid Of Northern Candidate From PDP In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.