Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,001 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

How Do You Increase Mobile Games Screen Sizes. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do You Increase Mobile Games Screen Sizes. (1309 Views)

Get All Mobile Games And Apps Download Link Here / Latest Mobile Games For Your Phone / Cool Mobile Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Increase Mobile Games Screen Sizes. by chat2chuma(m): 4:09pm On Oct 30, 2007
pls can someone help me out.im trying to increase the size of Java games on my PC form 128*128 to 176*240 and form 176*220 to 240*320 and vice versa.Im not getting the expected results rom my trials.Someone said i should try it on the phone but the game doesnt fill the screen.Pls someone help me out,thnks Naijaians!!!
Re: How Do You Increase Mobile Games Screen Sizes. by kulex2k1(m): 9:45pm On Oct 30, 2007
its quite easy just follow this simple steps u realy dont av to be an expert.
1.Using an archiver such as WinRAR, open the jar file.
2. Once you have opened the jar, you will see a folder called META-INF. Open this folder
3. In the META-INF folder there will be one file called MANIFEST.MF. Drag this file onto your desktop and open it in notepad
4. Now you must know 2 things to edit the file. First, you must know the original resolution of the game. Usually this information can be found on the author's website. Second, you must know the resolution of your screen. Then type the following two lines at the end of the text at the end of the MANIFEST.MF file:

Nokia-MIDlet-Original-Display-Size: www,Bleep
Nokia-MIDlet-Target-Display-Size: yyy,zzz

In the example above 'www,Bleep' represents the original resolution of the game. 'yyy,zzz' represents the resolution of your phone's display.

In the picture example below, the original game resolution is 176x208 and the target resolution of my screen (N80IE) is 352x416.

5. Now save the changes in the MANIFEST.MF file and drag it back into the META-INF folder in your jar file to overwrite the old one.

6.That's it! Now install the jar to your phone and enjoy your full screen game.

(1) (Reply)

Little Question About Starcomms Internet Service / Anyone Wiv Ideas On Hw To Download Movies On Bb? / Take Care! They Are Kill Your Iphone’s Battery Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.