Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,512 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Are You An Ethnic Or Religious Prejudiced? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are You An Ethnic Or Religious Prejudiced? (1223 Views)

If You Were To Pick An Ethnic Group... / Recurrent Crisis In Northern Nigerha; Tribal, Political Or Religious? / Do You Know Nigeria Has An Ethnic Arab Tribe ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You An Ethnic Or Religious Prejudiced? by experts: 2:00pm On Mar 22, 2012
ETHNIC AND RELIGIOUS PREJUDICE

Ethnic and religious prejudice,this is an unfavorable attitude,feelings or behavior against people,region or religion based on religious misunderstanding,ethnic diversity,false news,myths,stereotype or ethnic affiliation. This attitude impede human potentials and the victims such are more likely to have low self esteem,lack self confidence,poor self concept and limited aspiration. People with prejudiced attitude may find themselves at an economic,social,educational and political disadvantage,in essence,ethnic and religious prejudice threaten the development of both the perpetrator and the victims.

Prejudice gives the perpetrators a false sense of security and superiority,false confidence and pride,their inflated sense of self esteem may eliminate any guilt that would be normally associated with the negative attitude feeling and behavior toward others. People with prejudice attitude are real threat to collective reasoning and their acts,words,and attitude would ordinarily destroy a common purpose that should be pursued jointly.

People with prejudice tends to influence others with the same attitude on the same ground about religion and ethnicity by perpetrating the exaggerated myths and stereotype they accepted. This cycle of prejudice negatively affects the victims and the perpetrator by limiting their understanding of others and their potential to find common ground.

Prejudice acts can be quit subtle or unashamedly blatant,it's recognized and judged prejudiced if its denigrating or undermining,regardless of weather the action is subtle or unconscious,referring to ethnic group as them,you people or judging other ethnic or religious group harshly than how you judge yours for the same act is a prejudice or bigotry attitude,blaming others for economic,security and the entire political destabilization is a prejudice attitude that must be changed and eradicated in our attitude and environment.

Many prejudiced people don't usually accept they are due to their false sense of superiority and confidence,but willingness to look inwardly helps to change such situation.

People who interact with others from different ethnic and religious group and who are involved in activities that give them accurate information about cultural diversity and believes tends to develop sensitivity to ethnicity. These set of people are able to form their own opinion directly from their personal experience not news or third person narration and molded by myths and stereotypes.

People with prejudice usually see everything from an ethnic or religious angle,they consider others with different view as biased or prejudiced,whereas,they are. Their reasoning usually originate from sectionalism and are mostly limited not broad. They tends to see people with broader reasoning as a threat and indulge in any condemnation and the use of abusive languages. To get over this, we must be willing to look at our errors,take the blame for our wrong doings,maintain a single standard rather than judge others harshly more than ourselves for the same act,learn to improve our attitude and avoid hurting others with our words and actions. Most Nigerians are prejudiced due to the foundation of deceit,hatred and tribalism,the Yoruba people of southwest or Igbo's of the east ordinarily refer to Hausa's as Mallam or Aboki,ordinarily,Mallam or Aboki is not a bad name to call any Huasa person, but in the context used,it is regarded and used in an insulting manner. The Hausa's on the other hand refer to the yoruba's as bayerebe, or the igbo's as inyamirin.This is so due to the political rivalry,ethnic,cultural and value superiority which was used in political pursuit of the leaders to portray others region and tribes as inferior to them and not worthy of any respect. We must therefore move away from the negative attitude and stop the use of bad languages against each other for our collective progress and development. Based on the above submission,since it is clear that we have more prejudiced Nigerians than the none prejudice people,how would you regard yourself? Are you an ethnic or religious prejudiced? and what are you doing about it. Abdul AOH
Re: Are You An Ethnic Or Religious Prejudiced? by Callotti: 2:25pm On Mar 22, 2012
Not until I encountered Nigerians on the www.
No apologies! kiss
Re: Are You An Ethnic Or Religious Prejudiced? by experts: 10:47am On Mar 23, 2012
lol
Re: Are You An Ethnic Or Religious Prejudiced? by worm(f): 11:46am On Mar 23, 2012
Not until i encounter people like Calloti who feels their ethinicity of religion is superior than mine tongue
Re: Are You An Ethnic Or Religious Prejudiced? by Afam4eva(m): 11:49am On Mar 23, 2012
Why should i? People who blame Nairaland for their ethnic and tribal prejudice are people who don't have strong characters. Why should i become a bigot simply because of what kids spew on nairaland daily.
Re: Are You An Ethnic Or Religious Prejudiced? by Dede1(m): 1:07pm On Mar 23, 2012
Callotti: Not until I encountered Nigerians on the www.
No apologies! kiss

You are a rotten liar. What a decorated turncoat. In one instance the above poster is a conspicuous bigot and in another detribalized juggernaut. You once wrote as result of undue tribal sentiment, you have denied an Igbo man, in your word Okoro man, the functionality of certain body parts below your waist.

Unfortunately due to social and economic hardship, you surrendered the entire window to an “okoro” man later in life.
Re: Are You An Ethnic Or Religious Prejudiced? by Callotti: 1:38pm On Mar 23, 2012
Dede1:

You are a rotten liar. What a decorated turncoat. In one instance the above poster is a conspicuous bigot and in another detribalized juggernaut. You once wrote as result of undue tribal sentiment, you have denied an Igbo man, in your word Okoro man, the functionality of certain body parts below your waist.

Unfortunately due to social and economic hardship, you surrendered the entire window to an “okoro” man later in life.

Who are you referring to?
What is the "entire window"? I don't plan to deny YOU IGBO MAN O!
Window, door, chanderlier, balcony and chimney top. . .name it, all will be surrendered to YOU!
If you want the cemetary kpa-kpa. . . plus tombstone. . .ALL will be surrendered.wink wink wink
Is 'Okoro' an offensive word?
If you were smart sir. . .the term 'bigot' can never apply to me. I am not that LOCAL.
My genetic make-up is VERY de-tribalized sir! I am only 100% NIGERIAN. . . nothing else!

"The functionality of CERTAIN BODY PARTS BELOW MY WAIST" ke?
Not at all. I have pleasured one IMO dude and one Anambra dude sir!kiss

So what exactly is your problem? Have you "surrendered" your "door knob" to any "Mgbati" or "Ofenmamu" in your dreams, not to mention your life? cheesy
I ask again who are you referring to?
Re: Are You An Ethnic Or Religious Prejudiced? by Callotti: 1:50pm On Mar 23, 2012
worm: Not until i encounter people like Calloti who feels their ethinicity of religion is superior than mine tongue

Abeg, nor shoot gun for my ear this morning.cheesy
At least we can agree that meeting on the .w-w-w. can actually shape your thinking without meeting in person.
No problem there. I agree.
Re: Are You An Ethnic Or Religious Prejudiced? by experts: 2:14pm On Mar 23, 2012
no be fight now
Re: Are You An Ethnic Or Religious Prejudiced? by Callotti: 2:18pm On Mar 23, 2012
Who is fighting? undecided
Re: Are You An Ethnic Or Religious Prejudiced? by olayinka1987: 3:19pm On Mar 23, 2012
Dede1:

This is Callotti is a real weirdo. I have caught her lying in different threads. She once said she was South African they she said she was Igbo in another thread. I've challenged her too speak the truth on many occasions but she won't. I don't understand why people act like idiots on the internet. Don't they have a life?
Re: Are You An Ethnic Or Religious Prejudiced? by manmustwac(m): 9:16pm On Mar 23, 2012
nice topic
Re: Are You An Ethnic Or Religious Prejudiced? by Ngodigha1(m): 9:22pm On Mar 23, 2012
Am a proud Delta Igbo.
Re: Are You An Ethnic Or Religious Prejudiced? by aljharem(m): 9:46pm On Mar 23, 2012
Ngodigha1: Am a proud Delta Igbo.

But you are not delta you are andre Uweh from Anambra undecided why do you keep using Ngodigha
Re: Are You An Ethnic Or Religious Prejudiced? by lagcity(m): 9:58pm On Mar 23, 2012
Ngodigha1: Am a proud Delta Igbo.

na who ask u question, bush okoro man? there are no igbos in delta. we'll drag u slaves to oodua when the time comes grin
Re: Are You An Ethnic Or Religious Prejudiced? by Callotti: 2:45am On Mar 24, 2012
olayinka1987:

This is Callotti is a real weirdo. I have caught her lying in different threads. She once said she was South African they she said she was Igbo in another thread. I've challenged her too speak the truth on many occasions but she won't. I don't understand why people act like idiots on the internet. Don't they have a life?

Is that supposed to be a response to the topic at hand?
I do not wish to have my posts hidden on your account.
I owe you no explanations.
There are 2 sets of people on NL.
Those who have lived their lives. . .and those who are yet to live their lives.
You know what catergory we both belong. NAIRALAND IS ONLY A LEVELLER.
Leave Callotti alone.
Not in your league of unsavoury BUSHMEATS, and will NEVER be.
Thank you! kiss
Re: Are You An Ethnic Or Religious Prejudiced? by experts: 11:51am On Mar 24, 2012
lol
Re: Are You An Ethnic Or Religious Prejudiced? by Ngodigha1(m): 5:19pm On Mar 24, 2012
alj harem:

But you are not delta you are andre Uweh from Anambra undecided why do you keep using Ngodigha
Sir, you must be crazy. I have said it before that Am no other person than Ngodigha, Ngodigha1 and Ngodigha2 yet to come out.
Re: Are You An Ethnic Or Religious Prejudiced? by Ngodigha1(m): 5:21pm On Mar 24, 2012
lagcity:

na who ask u question, bush okoro man? there are no igbos in delta. we'll drag u slaves to oodua when the time comes grin
Edos will first claim Ondo and Ekiti before you will claim Delta. Bingo.
Re: Are You An Ethnic Or Religious Prejudiced? by lagcity(m): 7:01pm On Mar 25, 2012
Mr. Lagcity is sick of all these bickering between Yoruba and Igbo. Let's cut the crap and take this battle off NL into the physical realm. To all NL tribalists in the Washington, DC metro area who are interested in a fight club, contact me at ohafiawardance@yahoo.com. Let's make it happen. Please sign up at this e-mail:ohafiawardance@yahoo.com

There are no big expenses involved.

You'll need a pair of boxing gloves which you can get at Walmart or Sears.

You'll also need a valid ID (people under the age of 21 are not allowed to fight but can watch for just $10)

Fighters will be matched by weight (all weights are welcome).

ohafiawardance@yahoo.com

ohafiawardance@yahoo.com
Re: Are You An Ethnic Or Religious Prejudiced? by Callotti: 9:12am On Mar 26, 2012
Mr. lagcity? Are you the same as Cyberg?
Just asking, because you seem to have the same concerns on NL.
Re: Are You An Ethnic Or Religious Prejudiced? by LogicMind: 10:00am On Mar 26, 2012
caloti is one of nl mods.
she's just trying to drive traffic to nl.
try to be less obvious.
and stick to 1 name.
blazay, lasinoh etc
smells from far
daughter of a cursed union between an aboki and a betraying s/southerner
ra.ped by her northern uncles when she went to visit.
converted to islam, took plane for mecca but phucked her way to texas where she is plying her ashawo trade to homeless mexicans.
Re: Are You An Ethnic Or Religious Prejudiced? by Callotti: 1:07pm On Mar 26, 2012
Logic Mind: caloti is one of nl mods.
she's just trying to drive traffic to nl.
try to be less obvious.
and stick to 1 name.
blazay, lasinoh etc
smells from far
daughter of a cursed union between an aboki and a betraying s/southerner
ra.ped by her northern uncles when she went to visit.
converted to islam, took plane for mecca but phucked her way to texas where she is plying her ashawo trade to homeless mexicans.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!
Thank you sweerie.
Keep dreaming of me huh?
I am toooooo happy this week. . . .for many reasons!
Praaaaaaaaaaaaise my lord.
Take kia!!!!kiss
Re: Are You An Ethnic Or Religious Prejudiced? by LogicMind: 2:29pm On Mar 26, 2012
Callotti:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!
Thank you sweerie.
Keep dreaming of me huh?
I am toooooo happy this week. . . .for many reasons!
Praaaaaaaaaaaaise my lord.
Take kia!!!!kiss

You can let go. New nl no longer bans. The worst that can happen is "this post have been deleted"
Re: Are You An Ethnic Or Religious Prejudiced? by experts: 12:20pm On Mar 28, 2012
i thought you said it is not a fight?
Re: Are You An Ethnic Or Religious Prejudiced? by Callotti: 12:28pm On Mar 28, 2012
Now that the UGLY se-xually-frustrated, unmarriageable, old-cargo, MGBEKETIOUS stalkers have rested in pieces . . .you wanno resurrect their useless arzzzes again huh?
Why dunyooo let this ya stale thread rest in pieces too?

Sheeeeeeeeeeeesh!
Re: Are You An Ethnic Or Religious Prejudiced? by experts: 11:53am On Mar 29, 2012
no be small thing oo
Re: Are You An Ethnic Or Religious Prejudiced? by experts: 11:54am On Apr 02, 2012
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Imagine This School Building And Tell Me What You Think About It / Jonathan In Proxy War With Amaechi Over Failure Of Niger Delta Minister, Orubebe / APC Governors Tell Amaechi To Go And Beg Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.