Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

The American Justice System At Its Best - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The American Justice System At Its Best (1419 Views)

Quick Facts About The US Justice System / Poor Uk. The British Justice System Is a Joke. My Opinion. / Racism In America Is The Nightmare Of The American Dream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The American Justice System At Its Best by r231(m): 2:50pm On Mar 22, 2012
Seems in the US a black boy's life is worth less than a dog's.#ArrestZimmerman

George Zimmerman, accused of fatally shooting an unarmed black teenager in Florida, has ties to Northern Virginia, according to new reports.

The 28-year-old neighborhood watch captain, who told police he shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in self-defense, grew up in Manassas, the Orlando Sentinel reports.

According to the Sentinel, Zimmerman was an altar boy in Prince William County and graduated from Osbourn High School in 2001. His family relocated to Florida in 2002.

Zimmerman has not been arrested in the Feb. 26 shooting, which has generated widespread outrage, online petitions, protests, and heated statements by civil rights leaders.

Re: The American Justice System At Its Best by Dyt(f): 2:58pm On Mar 22, 2012
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: The American Justice System At Its Best by InkedNerd(f): 11:18pm On Mar 22, 2012
r231:

Seems in the US a black boy's life is worth less than a dog's.#ArrestZimmerman

George Zimmerman, accused of fatally shooting an unarmed black teenager in Florida, has ties to Northern Virginia, according to new reports.

The 28-year-old neighborhood watch captain, who told police he shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in self-defense, grew up in Manassas, the Orlando Sentinel reports.

According to the Sentinel, Zimmerman was an altar boy in Prince William County and graduated from Osbourn High School in 2001. His family relocated to Florida in 2002.

Zimmerman has not been arrested in the Feb. 26 shooting, which has generated widespread outrage, online petitions, protests, and heated statements by civil rights leaders.

Wonderful isn't it? I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the whole incident. It's becoming a moronic spectacle both on the police departments part and the judicial system. Not to sound evil or spiteful and in as much as I hate vigilantism, but if Zimmerman was to get gunned down in public due to some random act of vigilantism, I can't say I'd feel bad about it. The sad part is that they're using the "Stand Your Ground" law, more commonly referred to as the "castle doctrine", as a shield to protect this bastard. The Stand Your Ground Law is NOT applicable to the tragedy that transpired in Sanford. There is nothing in the castle doctrine as found in Florida statutes that authenticates or provides for the opportunity to pursue and confront individuals, it simply protects those who would be potential victims by allowing for force to be used in self-defense. A man who claims he is defending himself from a supposed threat doesn't get out of their car to pursue the person then cry foul. Although the law was created in order to deal with using force to meet force as an act of self-defense when in your home, in your car, on your property, or anywhere you are legally able to be, I don't see how getting out of ones car which is CLEARLY at a distance from the supposed thread, and pursuing the individual on foot can be categorized as self defense. Like I told everyone on theroot.com, anyone who sees Zimmerman in the streets of Florida and feels "threatened" by him and decides to shoot at him, when the police get there, just as Zimmerman used the law to his favor, I strongly suggest people use the law to their favor since Zimmerman wants play cops and robbers.

As usual, I can't say I'm surprised by all of this. We're talking about a nation where a homeless can get sentenced to 15 years in prison for stealing $100 yet a CEO gets just 40 months in prison for $3 billion fraud!
Re: The American Justice System At Its Best by Sagamite(m): 1:06am On Mar 23, 2012
Honestly, I am less interested in the arrest of the killer. That to me is secondary now.

If I had the powers, my primary focus would be on the fucktards that were responsible for not arresting and charging him.

EVERYONE that was involved in the case, from the investigating officers to as high up the police rank for officers that (1) know about the case or (2) should have know about the case and did nothing about the decision, SHOULD BE SACKED!

That would be my primary focus. Fucktards should not be in the police force.

(1) (Reply)

The Israeli Army Is Suffering Some Of Its Most Severe Losses In Years / See Why Mugabe Allegedly Sacks His Chief Of Defence Forces[photos] / Just In: Israeli Army Raids Across Gaza City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.