Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,483 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants (9811 Views)

Amaechi Helps Stranded Public Servants In Abuja.. See Photos / Osun Public Servants, Retirees At Winners Chapel For Food Today (pics) / Salaries Of Federal And State Legislators - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by faboulicious(m): 11:44am On Mar 23, 2012
is d people @ helm of affairs in dis country serious at all, dem go c road leave am dey enter bush, cant they get anything rigth 4 once 4 crying out louuuuuuuud!
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 23, 2012
What is the difference between Public Servants and Civil Servants?

;DWhat is the difference between Public Servants and Civil Servants?
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by kokoA(m): 12:13pm On Mar 23, 2012
The only thing this confused government knows how to do is to setup comittees..smh!
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by Henry40: 12:20pm On Mar 23, 2012
Mavor: Meanwhile national assembly members keep increasing their allocation every year. Rubbish corrupt country. Looking forward to the revolution that separates Christian South from Muslim North.

I'll say to you what I'll say to anyone who wishes this "revolution" you speak of by way of division. LEARN FROM SUDAN!!! A TRIBAL CONFLICT EXITS, ANOTHER ENTERS!!
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by Henry40: 12:23pm On Mar 23, 2012
@ op

I foresee another minimum wage-like action.
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by tjskii(f): 2:03pm On Mar 23, 2012
angryThunder fire any idjit that reduces civil servants salary,I'm just tired of the crap we tolerate in this country,how much r we earning sef that they still want to reduce,the friggin idjits don't even pay d peanuts on time
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by NaijaNaWaa: 2:16pm On Mar 23, 2012
I think that they're talking about salary of political office holders and not civil servants. Salary of civil servants is too meager for anyone to contemplate it's reduction.
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by juman(m): 2:38pm On Mar 23, 2012
Habah
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by Parnassuss(m): 2:43pm On Mar 23, 2012
Callotti: The salary is not the problem. . .but the 'bonuses'!
They should stop eating and lodging at 'Transcorps' for one!

End Of Discussion!
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by NaijaNaWaa: 2:53pm On Mar 23, 2012
Keneking: What is the difference between Public Servants and Civil Servants?

;DWhat is the difference between Public Servants and Civil Servants?

Public Servants are all those who work in the public/government sector whether elected, appointed or employed. Civil Servants are those who are employed in the public sector usually on a permanent and pensionable basis through the civil service commission.
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by bakila: 3:42pm On Mar 23, 2012
Mavor: Meanwhile national assembly members keep increasing their allocation every year. Rubbish corrupt country. Looking forward to the revolution that separates Christian South from Muslim North.

Dumb post, someone get me the medical records of this person he is suffering from 3rdstage syphilis. He cannot comprehend the thread. Anyone around him should give him his medication.
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by Assalaam(f): 3:43pm On Mar 23, 2012
Sorry oooo, im just confused with pple responses here. Pls the word '' public servant'' refers to who, is it the political office holders or govt workers?
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by bakila: 3:48pm On Mar 23, 2012
tjskii: angryThunder fire any idjit that reduces civil servants salary,I'm just tired of the crap we tolerate in this country,how much r we earning sef that they still want to reduce,the friggin idjits don't even pay d peanuts on time

This goverment should be careful if this fire could come from such a beauty, then parents of four on that reduced salary will add brimestone and catapultated stone.
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by Ozonna(m): 3:48pm On Mar 23, 2012
NaijaNaWaa:

Public Servants are all those who work in the public/government sector whether elected, appointed or employed. Civil Servants are those who are employed in the public sector usually on a permanent and pensionable basis through the civil service commission.

Well if what u're saying from ur definition of public servants is true, then no wahala. However, will the white paper of the commitee be implemented when released ?
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by bakila: 3:58pm On Mar 23, 2012
As-salaam:
Sorry oooo, im just confused with pple responses here. Pls the word '' public servant'' refers to who, is it the political office holders or govt workers?

Goverment workers at the Legislature and the Judiciary, Armed forces, Police, SSS, schools Goverment owned companies, corporation and commissions.

POLITICAL OFFICE HOLDERS ARE NOT INCULDED
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by bakila: 4:04pm On Mar 23, 2012
Na shakara dem de do Soldiers and SSS are on that list they will not reduce their salaries
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by steaming(f): 4:10pm On Mar 23, 2012
Ozonna:

Well if what u're saying from ur definition of public servants is true, then no wahala. However, will the white paper of the commitee be implemented when released ?

For clarity sake, civil servants are people in main stream....Ministries eg Federal Ministry of Education, Federal Ministry of Agric, Office of the secretary to the Govt of the Federaion etc. Here, , they are recuited through the federal civil service commission as earlier mentioned.

Public Servants are those in parastatals or government owned companies eg NAMA, NESREA, NIGCOMSAT etc. They can also be employed on permanent basis. their's is also pensionable. however, recruitment and sack is not done throuh the Fed Civil service Commission.
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by andysheok4jes: 4:29pm On Mar 23, 2012
This is so pathetic.From this, Nigerians should understand that they need to take their lives in their own hands.Be smart! Things are going wild! If you dont stand up for your life, nobody will do it for you. This is to help people: For as many as are interested in having Extra-Income aside your Job or whatever, call me on 08078894785 or send me a mail on: andysheokdwealthy1@gmail.com. OWN YOUR LIFE! Don't leave your life to chances!
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by emyrald91(m): 4:40pm On Mar 23, 2012
ade_77: Nass members earn 81million annually as allowance and you want to reduce the salaries of civil servants that their total annual salary is not up to 5 million.
Why can't Nass reduce their allowances to 10 million annually while the ministers reduce the number of PAs and SAs, then recurrent expenditure will reduce. They should also remove all the ghost workers they put into the system
Naijacrazy....govt of som peeps, by som peeps, against d less fortunate. Bomb fire dem. Na boko haram b dia portion.
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by cogsej06(m): 5:17pm On Mar 23, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Why reduce poor man's salary when politicians earn billions ? In a country where a president intends to eat with 18 000 000 000 naira in a year,i just pray we get it right soonest.

Its nt a praying matter o! Its all abt actions. But what I see is dat Nigerians arent ready yet.....till den

1 Like

Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by nasty45(m): 5:33pm On Mar 23, 2012
If na public office holders' salary,i no get wahala but if na civil servants?hmmmm eh ok o,wr labor de in al ds ish sef?
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by anonimi: 7:56pm On Mar 23, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Why reduce poor man's salary when politicians earn billions ? In a country where a president intends to eat with 18 000 000 000 naira in a year,i just pray we get it right soonest.

Prayers ALONE won't do it.
The slight reversal of fuel subsidy was not by [rayers ALONE. People stood up for what they wanted and their rulers listened a bit.
When we decide that the mega millions paid monthly to the loafers in the various houses of assembly- federal, state and LG is enough then they will also listen.
Untul then continue to "just pray"
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by dasparrow: 9:25pm On Mar 23, 2012
More poverty in the horizon. Nigeria which way?
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by Jimkab(m): 11:34pm On Mar 23, 2012

It's true that the polititians are enriching themselves through the so-called legal allowances and bonuses plus the illegal embezzlement, it has to be looked into if truly that of the civil servants would be reduced but to your revolution of separation, don't be making mistakes of giving the south (especially the south west) to the christians.

1 Like

Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by msb247(m): 1:21pm On Mar 24, 2012
Olaolufred: A military coup is required.
We need another Nzeogwu or Orkar.
Military is the next option after this failed demon-cracy.

On point! God bless... Come to think of it, democracy is better than dictatorship in the sense that the people get to vote for their leader BUT this is not the case with Nigeria. cry Right now, the best solution to our problem is COUP! cool Unfortunately, military men of nowadays no get that king Liver cry cry cry.....we need the likes of Abacha and Al-Mustapha not the likes of Dmbz, Ihjrk et al lipsrsealed
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by msb247(m): 1:22pm On Mar 24, 2012
^^^ that *kind liver
Re: FG To Reduce Salaries Of Public Servants by aljharem(m): 1:28pm On Mar 24, 2012
[size=13pt]I wonder where Beaf, edicolove, funkymallam, wereperi etc are ? May be you can justify this as well

NASS just increase their own salaries

FG just increase the price of all commodities in the country but want to reduce the salaries of people thus making them poorer and making themselves richer[/size]

I want to see how you all would justify this by explaining and going roundabout again.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Map Of Biafra... (Land Of Rising Sun) / Fr Mbaka Through Multi-life Extends His Charity & Empowerment Programme 2 Ituku / 9th NASS: Battle For Majority Leader In House Of Reps Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.