Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,213 members, 7,815,237 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Dont You Think They Stole My Work? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dont You Think They Stole My Work? (1191 Views)

Stole My Heart / A Hawk Just Stole My Alice: I Wont Forgive Her / An Excerpt From My Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dont You Think They Stole My Work? by inxx(m): 6:56pm On Oct 30, 2007
in quest to get my work (poems) published in went in search of publishers and i stumbled into one: The NewGong. They said there are publishers so i communicated with them and i was asked to send my best work for anthology before i could be considered for publication. This i dd, i sent my very best work. It is more than 6months now and i have not heard anything from them, allĀ  effort to communicate with them has not yeilded any fruit as they do no longer reply my e mails,

please i need some advice because i feel my work is being stolen.

this is their information:
web site: http://www.thenewgong.com/Books.html

address: The New Gong
11 Abiona Close
Off Falolu Road
Surulere, Lagos
Nigeria.

please for those of u guys that stay in Lagos ( I am in Port Harcourt) cloud u please just look up the place for me and tellme what they do there, ie if such a place exsits

I am waiting for your responces please.
Re: Dont You Think They Stole My Work? by slitty: 9:31am On Oct 31, 2007
i feel for you o
i had the same problem with them i sent in a novel i wrote and although he replied, he said it was total rubbish and not useful. to get my manuscript from them now is a problem, i was told maja pearce (thats his name) travel to the sahara dessert. he sent me a mail that he would be around after 22 of october till now i haven't heard anything from them. maybe you should call and visit them.

don't be suprised, i went to their office once, it didn't look like one
Re: Dont You Think They Stole My Work? by Seun(m): 9:34am On Oct 31, 2007
You live in Lagos; they live in Lagos. Why not just visit them? By the way, poetry isn't lucrative.
If you want to make money from your poems, meet a composer to turn the poem into a song.
You can sell your song to a performer with the perfect voice, TV shows needing theme songs,etc.
Why am I saying this? Because if they are not making money, they can't give you money. wink
Re: Dont You Think They Stole My Work? by inxx(m): 5:43pm On Oct 31, 2007
segun
i stay in lagos,
that it makes money or not is not the issue here, every thing is'nt money, its my work and that just that
Re: Dont You Think They Stole My Work? by tianshie(m): 12:18am On Nov 17, 2007
seun e be like say you don get new name o shocked

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Publishers And Editors / Winner/runner-up Of Boac/bsc Competition Annouced / How Can I Get The Last Outcast Shipped To Me In Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.