Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Why Messi Shldn't Win The FIFA Award Again - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Messi Shldn't Win The FIFA Award Again (1421 Views)

Ballon D’or: Three Reasons Why Messi Might Never Win The Award Again. / Vincent Enyeama Wins France's Ligue1 Best Player Award Again / Why Messi Is The Man To Beat In This Year’s FIFA World Player Of The Year! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Messi Shldn't Win The FIFA Award Again by mykejones(m): 2:01pm On Mar 23, 2012
He's good. Good? An understatment. He's outstanding. A joy2watch. Witful. Delightful. Always with a smile on his face. He makes u want2luv him. He has everything(forget the fact that he's also rich).
Defenders fear him,attackers wish dey were half as good as he is,coaches around the world covert him.
Opponents r left wt smiles on their face aftr he's numerous magics.No wonder Fabregas(an Arsenal player then) was full of smiles when he scored against Aresnal last year in the CL. He forgot he was on the loosing side!
He has been wearin d FIFA coat in d last 5years nw. The first two as a runner up,the last 3 as the best player of the year. And if things remain like dis,he's goin4 his fourth!
He loves big games..he thrives in them. He actually lives for the big games. Ask Madrid and Manchester United. We knw beta. He personally distroyed my team in 2 finals. The most astonishin been the 2008 final in Rome,where he jumped high above Ferdinand to score the 2nd goal. It was outrageous!
Because of him,Xavi,d best midfieldr of a lifetime might nt win dis award. Xavi who could complete a 1000 passes in a CL season. Doesn't have a plague yet? Messi!
Unlike his name,he never shows mercy.
He doesn't lack form,loss form easily or stay 3matches wtout scoring.
Forget Maradona,forget Pele. Messi is pure magic.
The most scary part is that he's just 24. Christ! 24! And wit the way he's goin,who can bet against him nt winnin the award for another 5times?
I was among the critics dat said he won't perform in d premier leag. Forget it. Pure falacy. He's got what is needed;pace and strength. I can bet he'l score against the 20teams in his first season,either home or away. The only exceptn would be against Stoke City,in their notorious Britania Stadium.
He's 24,and it worries me.
Other players deserve a mention;Xavi,Ronaldo(hate him or luv him) and the rest. Infact,atleast 4 FCB players deserve the corvetrd gong. But Messi is on song,who wl stop him?
My advice: If by 26 he stl won't slow down,call him,form a commitee,evry stake holdr shd be present. They should present him wit a life time award and let others start reapin of their own labours. He should be standin wit the FIFA president to present the award to the player who wins it. Imagine Messi shaking the hands of Ronaldo and presenting him the gong?
Wel,this is my case.
One of the mottos of FIFA is dat "footbal is for all". It's high time they made d award "for all" too.
As if thatz nt bad neough,i was born the same day,month and year with that little wizard.
Send this to FIFA!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Messi Shldn't Win The FIFA Award Again by mykejones(m): 2:33pm On Mar 23, 2012
He has even stopped breaking records. He now creates them!
With Messi,it's never over,untill the final seconds.
He plays Tai-chi kind of football..a case where he uses ones own energy against himself.
He doesn't get tired. He just won't!
I don't want him to win it again because he's too good. And looking at how good he is,we quickly forget how exceptional some of his other colegues are.
Who says Ronaldo doesn't worth the award a second time again?
Who says even Busquet isn't good enough for the crown? He's only the second player after Xavi to complete a thousand passes in a single CL season.
But with Messi's greatness,who will notice this ones?
A certain Mario Gomes too?
Perhaps Ozil? Are these guys not worth a mention?
To make matter worse,he's now performing exceptionally well in his National team,unlike before. So wha2 wl be our basis of criticsms* now? Absolutely none!
Two team meates(Bayern L) fouth over his shirt immedaitely after loosing their CL first leg! Can u imagine?
Please,someone gets FIFA attention to this. Am not beefing him. No,far from it. He's a blessing,but i want to see others winning or lifting that gong.
Just give him that life time award and let him always be present in the gala to present the gong to other deserving players too.
I want Xavi 2 win it,but age is clearly not on his side,and his team mate is busy misbehaving and scoring goals anyhow.
I even want my Rooney to win it too. Including Antonio Valencia sef!(Na joke o.)
I rest my case.
Re: Why Messi Shldn't Win The FIFA Award Again by mykejones(m): 2:34pm On Mar 23, 2012
He has even stopped breaking records. He now creates them!
He plays Tai-chi kind of football..a case where he uses ones own energy against himself.
I don't want him to win it again because he's too good. And looking at how good he is,we quickly forget how exceptional some of his other colegues are.
Who says even Busquet isn't good enough for the crown? He's only the second player after Xavi to complete a thousand passes in a single CL season.
To make matter worse,he's now performing exceptionally well in his National team,unlike before. So wha2 wl be our basis of criticsms* now? Absolutely none!
Two team meates(Bayern L) fouth over his shirt immedaitely after loosing their CL first leg! Can u imagine?
Please,someone gets FIFA attention to this. Am not beefing him. No,far from it. He's a blessing,but i want to see others winning or lifting that gong.
Just give him that life time award and let him always be present in the gala to present the gong to other deserving players too.
I want Xavi 2 win it,but age is clearly not on his side,and his team mate is busy misbehaving and scoring goals anyhow.
I even want my Rooney to win it too. Including Antonio Valencia sef!(Na joke o.)
I rest my case. *Tank*

1 Like

Re: Why Messi Shldn't Win The FIFA Award Again by collinsfbi(m): 6:58pm On Mar 23, 2012
mykejones: He has even stopped breaking records. He now creates them!
I rest my case. *Tank*

Well said! As much as I want other players to win it, people like Xavi, Ronaldo, Rooney messi becomes unstopable and there is nothing we can do about it. How I wish Xavi can just lift it once but messi's exceptional performance won't allow him, anyway he deserves it and let him continue winning as long as his strength and performance can hold on to it. Barca4life!

Gbamm over and out

(1) (Reply)

Naija To Win Africa Cup Of Nations 2013 In South Africa / BREAKING News man United Have Released Howard Webb On A Free Transfer / Mikel Obi's Russian Girlfriend Shares Photo Of Their Twin Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.