Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Mathematics Student Needs Idea On Internship - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Mathematics Student Needs Idea On Internship (2562 Views)

Mathematics/stastistics Vs Mechanical Engineering / Mathematics Student/graduates: Lets Meet Here / Nigerian Prospective Medical Interns 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mathematics Student Needs Idea On Internship by tushutt(m): 11:22pm On Mar 23, 2012
Good day peeps please I would like to ask for relevant places where I could do my IT in Nigeria. I mean where I can actually get to practice my Cauchy and Riemann theorems or probably apply operations research techniques etc
Or would it be more rewarding if I intern in an info tech company coz that's where my passion lies. ( not too sure of the relevance anyway)
Please your inputs are highly appreciated
Re: Mathematics Student Needs Idea On Internship by tanimola22: 2:45pm On Mar 24, 2012
tushutt: Good day peeps please I would like to ask for relevant places where I could do my IT in Nigeria. I mean where I can actually get to practice my Cauchy and Riemann theorems or probably apply operations research techniques etc
Or would it be more rewarding if I intern in an info tech company coz that's where my passion lies. ( not too sure of the relevance anyway)
Please your inputs are highly appreciated

hahahahahah. You want a place where you can put abstract mathematics to practice. You must be one very funny dude. Have you done measure theoretic type of probability? Have you done stochastic processes? I must confess, I am not aware of an organization in Nigeria where all these tools are actively used. You can only use these tools where models are always built. For example, one guy, Math PhD holder, works for JP Morgan. His job is to build and calibrate financial models. I am not aware of a Nigerian bank that does something along those lines.

Meanwhile, what have you learned in operations research? Let's know the modules you've covered. Perhaps a more suitable counsel will follow.

T22
Re: Mathematics Student Needs Idea On Internship by tushutt(m): 9:45pm On Mar 24, 2012
Thanks for the response in OPerations research I've learnt about transportation problems assignment, network analysis , not forgetting the simplex method

Also if I can't practice these theorems yet then why are they bombarding us with them

Thanks
Re: Mathematics Student Needs Idea On Internship by tanimola22: 10:58pm On Mar 24, 2012
tushutt: Thanks for the response in OPerations research I've learnt about transportation problems assignment, network analysis , not forgetting the simplex method

Also if I can't practice these theorems yet then why are they bombarding us with them

Thanks

I suspected that your operations research training would be more suitable in Nigeria, hence my reason for requesting the core areas you covered. Visit this company http://www.ronishlogistics.com/Employment.htm and signify your interest to do your IT with them. Follow the instructions on the company`s website and then send an email to jobs@ronishlogistics.com. Tell them you are well trained in transportation analysis. Generally package and sell yourself well.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Mathematics Student Needs Idea On Internship by tushutt(m): 7:07pm On Mar 25, 2012
Thanks very much for the info and god bless
Re: Mathematics Student Needs Idea On Internship by tanimola22: 7:47pm On Mar 25, 2012
tushutt: Thanks very much for the info and god bless

Yeah mate. Enjoy!!

(1) (Reply)

Are White Collar Employees More WASTEFUL Than Their Entrepreneur Counterparts? / The Power Of Social Media: Girl Gets Fired Because Of Her Tweet. / You'll Likely Be Unsuccessful If You Use The Following Phrases Often

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.