Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic (2852 Views)

You May Be Anaemic Without Knowing / Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors / How Do Doctors Calculate Medical Bills? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by deols(f): 6:33pm On May 24, 2012
IHNetworks:

Deols I recommend you should be sent to compulsory medical school and/or flogged for this.

one of those already, I guess.
Re: Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic by deols(f): 9:58pm On May 25, 2012
olsmade:

I tire o. Naija docs are prolly just as good as docs anywhere in d world. Fine, dey make errors of judgement @ tyms, but then, where in d world does dis not happen. Medical litigation, for example, is on d rise in developed countries.

Naija docs write standardized tests (plab, usmle) and more often than not, ace diz tests and do well abroad. Doz dat stay behind work der arses off and get poorly paid for their efforts and to add insult to der injury, der contributions are not being appreciated anymore - sad.

Anyways, @OP, av u found out about the hb in % thingy and how dey come about it. One thing I'm sure of tho z dat, its not used in Naija or US

the problem is with every1 thnkn things av to be done the way they know it.the person who made the first comment should ave said he isnt aware of Hb being presented in percentages and d discussion could av taken a better turn rather than him suggesting i was talking of the hematocrit(Now Imagine that he was treating me for polycythaemia) So, once again, I'd be wary of a nija doc if he was like the majority of the pple who have posted here.

and about my promise of comn bak, I did find out from the lab where I had d test done but guy was too busy to av my time. I'd be able to see him again only after three months from now. But, I took a picture of some table that shows the conversion from mg/dl to percentage. it is attached.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blood Group / Step By Step Ultrasound Books For Sale / Let’s Talk Vagina: Clean, Odorless, And Healthy Tips…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.