Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Cyber Cafes Jamb Corporate Scam. How Do We Go About It. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cyber Cafes Jamb Corporate Scam. How Do We Go About It. (5958 Views)

Stop Registering For UMTE In Cyber- Cafes, JAMB Warns Candidates / JAMB UTME 2015 REGISTRATION; CYBER CAFES ARE BLACKLISTED ! / Approved Cyber Cafes By Jamb For Exam Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cyber Cafes Jamb Corporate Scam. How Do We Go About It. by a1solution: 10:10am On Mar 25, 2012
I made N10,000 payment to JAMB to enable JAMB accredit my Cyber cafe in kwale Delta state for the 2012/2013 UTME registration. But up till the close of registration I did not receive any reply from this e-mail address that Jamb provided for it (utme12cyber@gmail.com) I had made several calls to JAMB office they say I should resend the e-mail which I have done several times without receiving reply. I went back to Zenith Bank and they checked their record with Jamb the money was actually credited to Jamb account since the above date. Nairalanders I want you people to advice or help me unravel the mystery behind this because I wonder why all the e-mails I had been sending to the e-mail addressed they provided had not been replied because even if I’m not approved at least I am suppose to receive a reply and my money given back to me. Please advice me because most people are saying they did same to them that they would just select few people to accredit and seize other peoples money. Even the biometric machine I bought N30,000 for the registration is now lying useless because I did not use it. This is the account I paid to. Account (UTME12CYBER; Account No. 1012830959) Zenith Bank. I learnt some people even paid twice without receiving a reply from the E-mail address they provided not to talk of the so called access code. Below is the message they pasted on their website that made me fell for their trick.

From http://www.jamb.org.ng/Unifiedtme/CyberAdmin/Default.aspx
“Please follow the instructions below strictly to register your Cafe for the UTME 2012 registration. Please note that unless you register your centre and it is approved, you cannot take part in the forthcoming registration of candidates for the UTME 2012 registration exercise.
• You are expected to register your business name as a registration centre.
• You are required to pay a REFUNDABLE CAUTION FEE of N10,000 (Ten Thousand Naira) Only
• Make sure you specify a valid email address because your Access Code shall be sent to you via this medium.
• On submission of your centre registration form, an acknowledgment slip shall be sent to your email, which contains your business Reference Number and other details
• Please print this slip, take it to the nearest Zenith Bank Plc and make payment into Account (UTME12CYBER; Account No. 1012830959), specifying your reference number on the teller
• Please scan your teller and send it by email to utme12cyber@gmail.com
• Upon confirmation of your payment, your Access Code shall be sent to you via your email address. Confirmation takes three (3) working days
• The Access Code is Non-Tranferable, and you are liable for all the transactions done with the Code.
• JAMB has the right to withdraw the Code, if after inspection discovered that your office does not exist or your facilities are inadequate or you engage in activities contrary to the conduct of the registration including overcharging of candidates for registration
• Registration centres (Cafes) shall charge candidates a maximum of N700 (Seven Hundred Naira) only per candidate including full registration and printing of two (2) copies of e-Registration Slip
• Note that candidate has the right to report your office if you overcharge and your Access Code may be withdrawn and you also forfeit your caution fee
• At the end of registration exercise, the caution fee shall be refunded to you via your”
I followed all the procedure above but up till now no reply from JAMB (utme12cyber@gmail.com)
I even wonder why a corporate organization is using Gmail to receive mails instead of their own website.
Any good suggestion on how to retrieve my money would be welcomed.THANKS
Re: Cyber Cafes Jamb Corporate Scam. How Do We Go About It. by Odunnu: 11:48am On Mar 25, 2012
This is a scam from JAMB. Maybe you should get a good lawyer to advice you
Re: Cyber Cafes Jamb Corporate Scam. How Do We Go About It. by kaysy(m): 1:29pm On Mar 25, 2012
@OP... very sorry abt ur case, i also run a centre and my centre was accredited 4days after i paid to the same account. the issue here is that JAMB dnt get a good structure of work and plans for the accreditation of centres. that email was not managed by jamb itself, it was managed by Sidmatech which i believe are Jamb's web developers, i guess they played and toyed with people's business cos the population of intending centers were just too excess. just try and trace them to their nearest office cos N10,000 isn a small money o!

our hope now is when they are gonna send our money back to us cos it was just a caution fee [Refundable Fee]
Re: Cyber Cafes Jamb Corporate Scam. How Do We Go About It. by DereI(f): 9:23am On Mar 26, 2012
@ O.P, I made the payment and followed the above instructions too and my centre was accredited 7hrs later. Although some people that made their payment late didn't receive any access code. Sorry about what happened but all i can say is, the Jamb Accreditation is not a scam.
Re: Cyber Cafes Jamb Corporate Scam. How Do We Go About It. by dregmaster: 10:09am On Mar 26, 2012
It is not a scam. No one can register JAMB candidate without the access code.If about 1.5 million candidates registered, then a lot of cybercafes were registered and given the access codes. However, their emails are poorly managed. But, did you send the scanned teller of your payment to them as instructed? The other matter is that, would JAMB ever return the ten grand deposit? Or JAMB don chop that one clean mouth?
Re: Cyber Cafes Jamb Corporate Scam. How Do We Go About It. by sammirano: 10:11am On Mar 26, 2012
it's a scam until they return all the money to everybody.
Re: Cyber Cafes Jamb Corporate Scam. How Do We Go About It. by violent(m): 9:48pm On Mar 26, 2012
Funny how people think it shouldn't be labelled a scam because they weren't the victims. Such high handed selfish attitude. Even if Jamb had 2 billion people responding to an advert placed by them, the onus is on them to provide an access to a service that has been paid for or refund people's money plus compensation for being shoddy. Anything short of this is irresponsible and a scam, least expected of an organisation charged with the task of providing people with a gateway to follow their dreams.

Jamb should be ashamed of themselves if this story is true. Little wonder questions and answers are peddled by swines and their little piglets 2 weeks before the actual exam. Is there anyone left with at least a fiber of morals?

1 Like

Re: Cyber Cafes Jamb Corporate Scam. How Do We Go About It. by chuks49(m): 10:04pm On Mar 26, 2012
MaGa don Pay, shout alleluya, mugu don pay, shout alleluya... Alleluya alleluya alleluya.

Government is the biggest yahoo yahoo, pple fall mugu for them on daily basis. Next time shine your eyez.
Re: Cyber Cafes Jamb Corporate Scam. How Do We Go About It. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 26, 2012
Since the access code wasn't tag to processor,hard drive or IP, why enriching JAMB? I resold mine four times, looking for more buyers at a reduce amount but they thought it won't work. JAMB won't refund Jack.Keep dreaming!
Re: Cyber Cafes Jamb Corporate Scam. How Do We Go About It. by otilox(m): 11:23pm On Mar 26, 2012
chuks49: MaGa don Pay, shout alleluya, mugu don pay, shout alleluya... Alleluya alleluya alleluya.

Government is the biggest yahoo yahoo, pple fall mugu for them on daily basis. Next time shine your eyez.

Very encouraging.... not
Re: Cyber Cafes Jamb Corporate Scam. How Do We Go About It. by eherbal(m): 1:56am On Mar 27, 2012
a1solution: I made N10,000 payment to JAMB to enable JAMB accredit my Cyber cafe in kwale Delta state for the 2012/2013 UTME registration. But up till the close of registration I did not receive any reply from this e-mail address that Jamb provided for it (utme12cyber@gmail.com) I had made several calls to JAMB office they say I should resend the e-mail which I have done several times without receiving reply. I went back to Zenith Bank and they checked their record with Jamb the money was actually credited to Jamb account since the above date. Nairalanders I want you people to advice or help me unravel the mystery behind this because I wonder why all the e-mails I had been sending to the e-mail addressed they provided had not been replied because even if I’m not approved at least I am suppose to receive a reply and my money given back to me. Please advice me because most people are saying they did same to them that they would just select few people to accredit and seize other peoples money. Even the biometric machine I bought N30,000 for the registration is now lying useless because I did not use it. This is the account I paid to. Account (UTME12CYBER; Account No. 1012830959) Zenith Bank. I learnt some people even paid twice without receiving a reply from the E-mail address they provided not to talk of the so called access code. Below is the message they pasted on their website that made me fell for their trick.

From http://www.jamb.org.ng/Unifiedtme/CyberAdmin/Default.aspx
“Please follow the instructions below strictly to register your Cafe for the UTME 2012 registration. Please note that unless you register your centre and it is approved, you cannot take part in the forthcoming registration of candidates for the UTME 2012 registration exercise.
• You are expected to register your business name as a registration centre.
• You are required to pay a REFUNDABLE CAUTION FEE of N10,000 (Ten Thousand Naira) Only
• Make sure you specify a valid email address because your Access Code shall be sent to you via this medium.
• On submission of your centre registration form, an acknowledgment slip shall be sent to your email, which contains your business Reference Number and other details
• Please print this slip, take it to the nearest Zenith Bank Plc and make payment into Account (UTME12CYBER; Account No. 1012830959), specifying your reference number on the teller
• Please scan your teller and send it by email to utme12cyber@gmail.com
• Upon confirmation of your payment, your Access Code shall be sent to you via your email address. Confirmation takes three (3) working days
• The Access Code is Non-Tranferable, and you are liable for all the transactions done with the Code.
• JAMB has the right to withdraw the Code, if after inspection discovered that your office does not exist or your facilities are inadequate or you engage in activities contrary to the conduct of the registration including overcharging of candidates for registration
• Registration centres (Cafes) shall charge candidates a maximum of N700 (Seven Hundred Naira) only per candidate including full registration and printing of two (2) copies of e-Registration Slip
• Note that candidate has the right to report your office if you overcharge and your Access Code may be withdrawn and you also forfeit your caution fee
• At the end of registration exercise, the caution fee shall be refunded to you via your”
I followed all the procedure above but up till now no reply from JAMB (utme12cyber@gmail.com)
I even wonder why a corporate organization is using Gmail to receive mails instead of their own website.
Any good suggestion on how to retrieve my money would be welcomed.THANKS
the money is refundable na .why are you Complaining?
Re: Cyber Cafes Jamb Corporate Scam. How Do We Go About It. by GaniRay1(m): 2:37am On Mar 27, 2012
All you should be concerned now is on how to collect your money. As it was clearly pasted that the money is just a "caution fee". I won't conclude that its a scam, what I believe is that it wasn't properly man because there will be others with is same terrible case. If you have money I will advise you to get a lawyer and take them (JAMB) to the court of justice. Not only they will refund your money but they will also compensate you heavily.
Re: Cyber Cafes Jamb Corporate Scam. How Do We Go About It. by Pakavy(m): 3:08am On Mar 27, 2012
ferdiii: Since the access code wasn't tag to processor,hard drive or IP, why enriching JAMB? I resold mine four times, looking for more buyers at a reduce amount but they thought it won't work. JAMB won't refund Jack.Keep dreaming!
yahoo yahoo guy!!!
Re: Cyber Cafes Jamb Corporate Scam. How Do We Go About It. by Nobody: 3:25am On Mar 27, 2012
it took them only one day for jamb to get me accredited but when i wrote to them for refund... They didn't have the good sense to reply.... I reckon that we should take this to Punch Newspapers so that the nation would get to know about it
Re: Cyber Cafes Jamb Corporate Scam. How Do We Go About It. by lightheart(m): 6:50am On Mar 27, 2012
No tort lawyers in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Cyber Cafes Jamb Corporate Scam. How Do We Go About It. by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 27, 2012
[b]Start Browsing from N1,000 with 3.5G HUAWEI Universal USB Internet Modem @N4,999 only

**7.2Mbps maximum downlink
**Works with MTN, Zain, Glo & Etisalat
**SMS Capable
**MicroSD Slot (Can be used as flash drive)
**Phonebook functionality
**Plug & Play
**Voice Calls Supported
**Compatible with Windows XP/2000/Vista/7 (32 & 64 bit)
**1yr Warranty
>>>Price: N4,999 (EX Lagos price, additional N500 will apply in other locations)

For Enquiries/purchase contact:
LAGOS - HEAD OFFICE
Chuks Electronics Nigeria
3 Ikosi Road(Ketu Bus Stop)
Ikosi - Ketu, Lagos
Phone: 0812-220-9680
email: akanawu@yahoo.com

LAGOS - YABA (Available on Appointment)
Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm
Phone: 0705-465-8207

ABUJA
Phone: 0815-403-1144

ONITSHA
Shop FF1/8, 1st Floor, CHIBROS Plaza
1 Bida Road, Main market,
ONITSHA
Phone: 0803-587-6491
[/b]

Re: Cyber Cafes Jamb Corporate Scam. How Do We Go About It. by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 27, 2012
[b]Start Browsing from N1,000 with 3.5G HUAWEI Universal USB Internet Modem @N4,999 only

**SMS Capable
**Plug & Play
**Voice Calls Supported
**1yr Warranty
>>>Price: N4,999 (EX Lagos price, additional N500 will apply in other locations)

LAGOS - HEAD OFFICE
Ikosi - Ketu, Lagos

ABUJA

ONITSHA
ONITSHA
[/b]

Re: Cyber Cafes Jamb Corporate Scam. How Do We Go About It. by otokx(m): 9:53am On Mar 27, 2012
Did not bother registering our cyber cafe with them; its like we saw all these things coming.
Re: Cyber Cafes Jamb Corporate Scam. How Do We Go About It. by fm7070: 12:17pm On Mar 27, 2012
this is corruption of the highest order.
why must people register with 10k for what? then still buy biometric machine.
This is too much. too much extortion which eventually affect the candidates negatively
Re: Cyber Cafes Jamb Corporate Scam. How Do We Go About It. by mabcos: 12:34pm On Mar 27, 2012
yomola: it took them only one day for jamb to get me accredited but when i wrote to them for refund... They didn't have the good sense to reply.... I reckon that we should take this to Punch Newspapers so that the nation would get to know about it
Re: Cyber Cafes Jamb Corporate Scam. How Do We Go About It. by emsquare(m): 12:46pm On Mar 27, 2012
Odunnu: This is a scam from JAMB. Maybe you should get a good lawyer to advice you

Abi!
Re: Cyber Cafes Jamb Corporate Scam. How Do We Go About It. by meracool(m): 6:45pm On Mar 27, 2012
How will dae Refund the 10k..... If they av to refund as stated above.
Re: Cyber Cafes Jamb Corporate Scam. How Do We Go About It. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 27, 2012
how can a limited company decide that she will be the only importer and distributor of thumbprint scanners nationwide, going as far as programming the nation's application to accept only her scanner, and accepting payment for "scanner license". and they got away with it.

Not only cybercafes, expect more to come.
Re: Cyber Cafes Jamb Corporate Scam. How Do We Go About It. by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 10, 2012
I am yet to receive my "refundable" security deposit too. Infact, nobody I know has. Two months after the close of registration, JAMB is yet to refund the NGN 10,000. This is fraud, this is scam.
Re: Cyber Cafes Jamb Corporate Scam. How Do We Go About It. by kaysy(m): 9:56pm On Apr 10, 2012
I just hope its what am thinking...
.. That JAMB has refused to refund our money with a view to make us accredited centers every year

i'l know our fate by 2013 JAMB Registration

Otherwise, Hmmmmmm We know what to do. No need to talk
Re: Cyber Cafes Jamb Corporate Scam. How Do We Go About It. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 11, 2012
naijamark: I am yet to receive my "refundable" security deposit too. Infact, nobody I know has. Two months after the close of registration, JAMB is yet to refund the NGN 10,000. This is fraud, this is scam.
kaysy: I just hope its what am thinking...
.. That JAMB has refused to refund our money with a view to make us accredited centers every year

i'l know our fate by 2013 JAMB Registration

Otherwise, Hmmmmmm We know what to do. No need to talk
naijamark: I am yet to receive my "refundable" security deposit too. Infact, nobody I know has. Two months after the close of registration, JAMB is yet to refund the NGN 10,000. This is fraud, this is scam.

if they want to do that they should inform us o
they better not ask for ten grand next jamb
Re: Cyber Cafes Jamb Corporate Scam. How Do We Go About It. by ask4sirken: 1:37pm On Jul 19, 2012
This is ridiculous, i cant understand why Jamb is still wasting time to refund this money to us. They have not even say anything concerning this morning.

I believe they are looking 4 trouble, and i believe they will soon be getting it in 10,000 fold.
Re: Cyber Cafes Jamb Corporate Scam. How Do We Go About It. by cytellProperty: 3:33pm On Oct 02, 2012
UBKtech: [b]Start Browsing from N1,000 with 3.5G HUAWEI Universal USB Internet Modem @N4,999 only

**SMS Capable
**Plug & Play
**Voice Calls Supported
**1yr Warranty

LAGOS - HEAD OFFICE
Ikosi - Ketu, Lagos

ABUJA

ONITSHA
ONITSHA
[/b]

IBO MAN, ALWAYS USING EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE MONEY!!!
Re: Cyber Cafes Jamb Corporate Scam. How Do We Go About It. by benz33(m): 9:18am On Oct 19, 2012
I WILL ADVISE WE TAKE OUR CASE TO THE PRESS, NEWSPAPER, RADIO, TELEVISION AND SOCIAL MEDIA.....LETS OPEN A FACEBOOK PAGE WITH THE NAME: JAMB FAILED CAUTION FEE or ANY NAME THAT WILL ATTRACT CONCERNED CITIZENS. Regards 08051744119

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mass Failure In 2017 Jamb The Senate Should Do Something About It / Best University In Nigeria For Masters Degree In Civil Engineering / Kwara Poly, College Of Education Ilorin, Oro & Lafiagi; Cails All Have Resumed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.