Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! (13468 Views)

Poll: Are you sick and tired of tribalism?

Yes: 78% (118 votes)
No: 21% (33 votes)
This poll has ended

Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) / Fight Between Yorubas And Nupes Now Bloody, In Kwara State - Ebiraland. / Boko Haram Killing Yorubas And Igbos 3-days Expired (pix)! -vanguard Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 12:20am On Mar 27, 2012
odumchi:

Nigeria had over a hundred thousand troops at it's disposal as opposed to Biafra which never had more than three thousand armed troops at ony one time. Nigeria was supplied with military equipment by the Great Britain and Russia. And also, Nigeria was given a few retired British battleships and cruisers (which it used in the bombardment/invasion of Calabar beachhead) and new Soviet-made mig bombers (flown by Soviet pilots) but yet it still took three years to squeeze the life out of little Biafra.

Hmmm.
Rewriting history is something that brings nothing!
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by iiiyyyk(m): 12:24am On Mar 27, 2012
i ve been opportune to discourse with some sincere yorubas.

they said average yoruba sees igbos as being too economically domineering. has more houses and businesses in allmost every big city in Nigeria.
despite how the nigeria society has tried to stop them.

one even told me the more reason why yorubas are conspiring with housa's to stop igbos from forming their own nation is due to hidden fear that the igbo nation might become the next African japan.

i believe it is better to try something and fail or succeed then face the realities than to lave in perpetual hallucination.

lets split this country if possible into 4 to 6 countries, every region go and test your abilities. if we eventually come back as one, every body will know his real worth and the worth of the other. if we eventually come. i think then we will make a better nigeria nation out of our own convictions rather than living on the administrative convenience of lugard and his girl friend.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by CuteTj(m): 12:28am On Mar 27, 2012
iiiyyyk:

they said average yoruba sees igbos as being too economically domineering. has more houses and businesses in allmost every big city in Nigeria.

one even told me the more reason why yorubas are conspiring with housa's to stop igbos from forming their own nation is due to hidden fear that the igbo nation might become the next African japan.

i believe it is better to try something and fail or succeed then face the realities than to lave in perpetual hallucination.

lets split this country if possible into 4 to 6 countries, every region go and test your abilities. if we eventually come back as one, every body will know his real worth and the worth of the other. if we eventually come. i think then we will make a better nigeria nation out of our own convictions rather than living on the administrative convenience of lugard and his girl friend.

All what you have said, does it make sense at all? Is it all the ibos that have a house not to talk of houses, so why will the yorubas be jealous of the ibos?
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 12:29am On Mar 27, 2012
Now this is more like it cheesy
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by bittyend(m): 12:29am On Mar 27, 2012
iiiyyyk:

HOGWASH
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 12:31am On Mar 27, 2012
Everybody should come out and play. cheesy cheesy
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Iolo(m): 12:34am On Mar 27, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Igbo and Yoruba cannot mix together. They are like garri and sand (maybe respectively). So this post is another trash. The rivalry is exepected as an igbo man cannot trust a yoruba man he naturally thinks is corny just as ojukwu thought of awo. My opinion is that this country should be divided. There is Acn, apga and cpc already with different ideologies, cultures and backgounds while then is there a pretence of one nigeria?

Ojukwu and Awolowo had dinners together. Your Igbo leaders and rich Igbo mentors handout with their Yoruba counterparts.

Tribalism is a figment of imagination that only serves the elite and ruling class who are never even Tribal in the first place cause they cannot afford to be. It never ever helps the common man on the streets.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by CuteTj(m): 12:34am On Mar 27, 2012
~Bluetooth:

E mi o trip fun okunrin nitori mi kin se homosexual.iwo okoro ni homosexuality so i'm assuming pe o kin se yoruba sef.btw,mi ni pe lo sun but ma woju koto ma jabo,e mi o ran e at all.
Emi gan o le gba fun e nitor mon se tokunrin. Mo like obinrin joor o... Osun state is my father and mother's birthplace for your information. O ko le ma pari wo nibi bayi na.. Oga, lo sempe joor!
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 12:34am On Mar 27, 2012
iiiyyyk:

one even told me the more reason[b] why yorubas are conspiring with housa's to stop igbos[/b] from forming their own nation is due to hidden fear that the igbo nation might become the next African japan.

Here we go again with the usual okoro conspiracy theories.Prior to independence,didnt Awo plead with Zik to allow a secesion-ready north to have their way which zik wont allow because he wanted to rule naija by force ? Immediate ly after independence,was Zik made the figure president while an hausa was prime minister ? Thirdly,Aguiyi ironsi was the first military head of state.So tell me where yorubas conspired with hausa against ibos.All those years,the north have ruled through the military and until,1999 when a yoruba became president.in 2007,it went to the north based on pdp zoning arrangement and now,to ss in the interest of fair play which was made successful by a yorubaman.So where did yoruba and hausa form an alliance against ibos ? Please tel me.

2 Likes

Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 12:36am On Mar 27, 2012
I have finally understood the igbos, they want to be alone and take the oil producing states with them, that's not going to happen.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Dainfamous: 12:38am On Mar 27, 2012
With out light their is no darkness we need both these things you hear what am saying that's what i think......................
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 12:40am On Mar 27, 2012
CuteTj:
Emi gan o le gba fun e nitor mon se tokunrin. Mo like obinrin joor o... Osun state is my father and mother's birthplace for your information. O ko le ma pari wo nibi bayi na.. Oga, lo sempe joor!

Guy farabale,o dabi pe jjc ni e nibiyi so lo fi mo nkan ti awon okoro ati awon elewure n se nibi.o ni lati won ikokuko ti won ma nko and emi o nisuru lati ma wo awon iranu yen.so a ni lati jeki won mo pe eyan lasan ni won and awa ni omo onile.So n blend sha,abi o shi nwo bi sule ?

1 Like

Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by bittyend(m): 12:43am On Mar 27, 2012
patriot2: I have finally understood the igbos, they want to be alone and take the oil producing states with them, that's not going to happen.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 12:43am On Mar 27, 2012
patriot2: I have finally understood the igbos, they want to be alone and take the oil producing states with them, that's not going to happen.

That has always been the intention of that fraudster called oju-iku and that was why Isaac Boro fought against biafra.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by CuteTj(m): 12:47am On Mar 27, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Guy farabale,o dabi pe jjc ni e nibiyi so lo fi mo nkan ti awon okoro ati awon elewure n se nibi.o ni lati won ikokuko ti won ma nko and emi o nisuru lati ma wo awon iranu yen.so a ni lati jeki won mo pe eyan lasan ni won and awa ni omo onile.So n blend sha,abi o shi nwo bi sule ?
LOL, i know na.. Iwo na fire won pada sugbon ko take e easy. Omo ilu wo ni e?
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 12:49am On Mar 27, 2012
CuteTj: LOL, i know na.. Iwo na fire won pada sugbon ko take e easy. Omo ilu wo ni e?

Fi G sinu ti e.Ma so fun mi pe o jasi sha o.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by CuteTj(m): 12:53am On Mar 27, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Fi G sinu ti e.Ma so fun mi pe o jasi sha o.
moti jasi! Hehehe
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 12:59am On Mar 27, 2012
CuteTj: moti jasi! Hehehe

Ma binu simi pe mo pariwo mo e jare,awon okoro yen ma pretend bi yoruba nigbami ni.won ma ni many user names ti won fi ma sebi yoruba,wa need lati stick around daadaa lati mo gbogbo iwaranu to wa lowo won.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by dvee2: 1:04am On Mar 27, 2012
LOOKING FOR A MORE MATURE NIGERIAN FORUM. THE DISCOURSE ON THIS FORUM HAVE SIGNIFICANTLY DETERRIORATED LATELY. CAN SOMEONE SUGGEST?

1 Like

Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by CuteTj(m): 1:06am On Mar 27, 2012
@
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by CuteTj(m): 1:07am On Mar 27, 2012
@ bluetooth, ko si wahala. Omo iya mi, go on souuun/ jeun lo... One love!
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 1:12am On Mar 27, 2012
CuteTj: @ bluetooth, ko si wahala. Omo iya mi, go on souuun/ jeun lo... One love!

Ok now,i'm dozing already.ko take care and be good.Later
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by dayokanu(m): 1:14am On Mar 27, 2012
iiiyyyk:

Chances are that the Yorubas you talked to are named Onlytruth, Nchara and Obiagu.

If Ibos wanted to form their own nation, they shoukld hold Azikwe responsible for lumping us together in this hole and blame Ojuku for being a thief who wanted to add to Biafra more territories than what naturally belong to Igbos
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Ogbonaikenna(m): 1:22am On Mar 27, 2012
I've already e-mailed this thread to the UN for them to see what this country has turned into. DIVIDE THE FAKE UNION

1 Like

Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by Nobody: 1:28am On Mar 27, 2012
Ogbonaikenna: I've already e-mailed this thread to the UN for them to see what this country has turned into. DIVIDE THE FAKE UNION
let's just get rid of core northerners and igbos.
The funny thing is that igbos and yorubas are best friends in the army.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by iiiyyyk(m): 1:32am On Mar 27, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Here we go again with the usual okoro conspiracy theories.Prior to independence,didnt Awo plead with Zik to allow a secesion-ready north to have their way which zik wont allow because he wanted to rule naija by force ? Immediate ly after independence,was Zik made the figure president while an hausa was prime minister ? Thirdly,Aguiyi ironsi was the first military head of state.So tell me where yorubas conspired with hausa against ibos.All those years,the north have ruled through the military and until,1999 when a yoruba became president.in 2007,it went to the north based on pdp zoning arrangement and now,to ss in the interest of fair play which was made successful by a yorubaman.So where did yoruba and hausa form an alliance against ibos ? Please tel me.

i thought you should know that b4 the independece it was not in the hands of zik, awo or tafa thats why the white gave who they choose.

Also why did awo and his master gowon siezed Igbo people's money in the banks and gave them just N20 after war. sold their shares in companies.
awo instigated and conspired with rivers state govement to seize igbo peoples houses in port harcourt to create division and enemity within the then earstern nigeria and to weaken the economic strength of the Igbos.
Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by OneNaira6: 1:33am On Mar 27, 2012
PointB:

You called out Igbos without discrimination, and you expect favour from me? Where did you crawl out from? You dish it, you eat it!

We can never embrace Nigeria as it is! To be fair, Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani are the one holding Nigeria down with corruption and ineptitude! It is my opinion, and I hold strongly to it.

Rather than encouraging anyone, to embrace Nigeria, I rather we bring the roof down! The house (Nigeria) was built on quicksand, we want out, and we will never embrace this rubbish of a country!

A Huge GBAM!!!!!!!!, the entire city screams "GBAM"

What kind of stupidity do this one Nigeria people display. Nigeria as we know today is worse of than Nigeria of yesterday, worse of than Nigeria when Lord Lugard created it, worse of than most African country whom have little compare to self proclaimed "Giant" yet they still want everyone to piggback ride on with Nigeria. The country is going backwards rather than forward and they still screaming "lets be together, one Nigeria".
We are in a sinking ship, the African version of Titanic, the smartest thing for anyone is to swim out of that sinking ship and look for a floating one but instead, fools would want to hold people back all in the name of staying together. In the near future, Nigeria would have moved backwards enough to be in par with countries like Mali, Niger, Ethiopia, Somalia, etc. Half of the nation is already in par with Niger. mscheww If una wan die with Nigeria, die with Nigeria. Let us out, pretty much everyone of us want out of a sinking, unfixable, hellhole of a ship we call Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by bright007(f): 1:49am On Mar 27, 2012
I believe this thread was started to address lingering issue of tribal e-wars on nairaland.it started with å partially bigoted poster and then ŵăš taken up by ťĥĕ same tribalistic miscreants who were ever ready to show their ineptitude.later d thread ŵăš invaded by patriots from d culture section who didn't delay in creating more hatred and derailment of d thread.
In summary,ťĥĕ thread became guilty of d same purported social crime it ŵăš suppose to address.

1 Like

Re: If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! by iiiyyyk(m): 1:51am On Mar 27, 2012
dayokanu:

Chances are that the Yorubas you talked to are named Onlytruth, Nchara and Obiagu.

If Ibos wanted to form their own nation, they shoukld hold Azikwe responsible for lumping us together in this hole and blame Ojuku for being a thief who wanted to add to Biafra more territories than what naturally belong to Igbos

you see why i normally say?
the problem with nigeria is more of ignorant than corruption.

take this short course now.
lugard lump us togerther, then your parents fought for us to remain in the hole (one nigeria). so what do you think the yorubas and ignorant blood loving housa/fulani fought for. guy go read small.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10)

EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose / 2023: Atiku, Tinubu Are Not Good Candidates For Presidency — Deji Adeyanju / CBN Disburses ₦791 Billion To 3 Million Farmers

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.