Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,919 members, 7,835,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra (14076 Views)

Nigeria Firm Makes History Strikes Oil In Rivers State / Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months / Excitement As Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra by zannie(f): 6:00pm On Mar 27, 2012
I'm saddened by this. Oil has been nothing but a curse in this country. Now in my beloved Anambra..
Re: Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra by marceljachin: 7:00pm On Mar 27, 2012
this is indeed an old news. Please i need to hear something new about anambra state and oil production.
Re: Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra by leon25aug: 7:11pm On Mar 27, 2012
it brings tears to d ibo man's eye how dat now old hag of a man Gowon and his band of mis-fits caved imo shaplesly to giv our oil to dos back stabber.
Re: Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra by obinon(m): 7:13pm On Mar 27, 2012
[quote author=FRANKLINTON]I hope they manage it well for the betterment of the people and the country at large.country?
Re: Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra by ak47mann(m): 7:28pm On Mar 27, 2012
DeCleff: That can only be in the LAMD OF THE RISING SUN A.K.A BIAFRA. My brothers please don't rush into it yet because the PARASITES are extremely hungry and angry, they want to suck us until they successfully empty us before they can let us be. Ndi Igbo please open your eyes because am sure these PARASITES are biding to own an oil bloc in your land. Don't make the same mistakes your SS brothers made.
no way they must be living in la la land to even think about that they know anambra is different from imo and abia u no, end of the day anambra man gave Nigeria independent-from the British colony same anambra man fought for actualization of BIAFRA......
Re: Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 27, 2012
ak47mann: no way they must be living in la la land to even think about that they know anambra is different from imo and abia u no, end of the day anambra man gave Nigeria independent-from the British colony same anambra man fought for actualization of BIAFRA......
and an Imo State man keeps the BIAFRA dream alive and possibly will actualise it. "Imo wu ndi oma eji aga mba"
Re: Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra by chino11(m): 8:06pm On Mar 27, 2012
Ak47, You are right on point nwanne mu. They don't know Anambra is different from any part of Igboland. They produce the very firsts and brightests Nigeria can booast of today. grin cool
Re: Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra by member479760: 8:08pm On Mar 27, 2012
at last those the denied/denying their home land we see hope and rethink. Good news to all Nigerians!
Re: Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra by Dipwater(m): 8:27pm On Mar 27, 2012
Proud to be 4rm anambra but I tink they shuld slow down a lil bit 4 2015 to come and go first
Re: Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra by ekwynwa: 8:55pm On Mar 27, 2012
chino11: Ak47, You are right on point nwanne mu. They don't know Anambra is different from any part of Igboland. They produce the very firsts and brightests Nigeria can booast of today. grin cool

Chino biko lota umuigbo ndiozo, its not all about Anambra but about Igboland cool

1 Like

Re: Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra by chino11(m): 9:02pm On Mar 27, 2012
ekwy nwa:

Chino biko lota umuigbo ndiozo, its not all about Anambra but about Igboland cool

Sorry, my bad.

Igbo mma mma nu oo cool

1 Like

Re: Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra by Limaoscar: 9:58pm On Mar 27, 2012
So where is Sunny Okoye in all of these. He is a Strtegic director and a major stakeholder in Orient.
Re: Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra by pdpiperpippen: 10:11pm On Mar 27, 2012
After years of prospecting for oil in hausaland, the finaly struck boko haram, every state in north wld get 13% derivation of bombs in all states where the boko boys are found. That's the new revenue formula for u. grin grin cool
Re: Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra by PHIPEX(m): 10:21pm On Mar 27, 2012
Now that my villa is gradually appearing on d world map whoever loves peace and progress should tell FG and Orient to be very careful wt our farmlands. Farming is our first love and I don't see oil replacing that soon, so as d oil is being explored for the benefit of all let them nt make d mistake of polluting our ever rich farmland and Omambala (Anambra) river. Kudos to Anambrarians!!!
Re: Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra by cantell(m): 10:26pm On Mar 27, 2012
ekwy nwa:

Lol. You're probably from Imo right?
Re: Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra by MrEverest(m): 10:38pm On Mar 27, 2012
This is great news for many reasons,1 Orient petroleum is owned by indigenous Anambra people with headquarters here, the money will flow within the state unlike shell,Mobil and other Multinationals that repatriate their profit to their home countries, 2 the multiplier effect can not be overemphasized because other allied industries will emerge and the fact that it is located in a state with high entrepreneurship, investors would not be a problem. As a geologist, it is a known fact to us that Anambra basin has commercial quantities of hydrocarbon reserves but politics of bitterness had been an impediment. finally for those pessimists that are mentioning niger delta, be informed that Anambra situated in a flat sedimentary rainforest terrain unlike the N.D that is located in an inhospitable mangrove vegetation with its attendant ecological problems. Thank God the oil blocks was not sold to the likes of evil genius IBB,OBJ or Danjuma, so turn the rig,open the pump head and let the oil flow cool cool on a lighter note for those claiming to have struck oil in kwara, Zamfara or Borno please take it easy because it does not work that way but hopefully in the next epoch when the bodies of people killed by boko haram must have fossilized, you might be able to discover oil grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra by ak47mann(m): 10:57pm On Mar 27, 2012
Mr Everest: This is great news for many reasons,1 Orient petroleum is owned by indigenous Anambra people with headquarters here, the money will flow within the state unlike shell,Mobil and other Multinationals that repatriate their profit to their home countries, 2 the multiplier effect can not be overemphasized because other allied industries will emerge and the fact that it is located in a state with high entrepreneurship, investors would not be a problem. As a geologist, it is a known fact to us that Anambra basin has commercial quantities of hydrocarbon reserves but politics of bitterness had been an impediment. finally for those pessimists that are mentioning niger delta, be informed that Anambra situated in a flat sedimentary rainforest terrain unlike the N.D that is located in an inhospitable mangrove vegetation with its attendant ecological problems. Thank God the oil blocks was not sold to the likes of evil genius IBB,OBJ or Danjuma, so turn the rig,open the pump head and let the oil flow cool cool on a lighter note for those claiming to have struck oil in kwara, Zamfara or Borno please take it easy because it does not work that way but hopefully in the next epoch when the bodies of people killed by boko haram must have fossilized, you might be able to discover oil grin grin grin
u talk am finish......................
Re: Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra by KayDee4: 11:08pm On Mar 27, 2012
You guys should be praying for good governance and management instead of dancing around. Oil exploration has been ongoing in the Niger Delta for a long time but the place is a horrible mess due to negligence and mismanagement.

Meanwhile, how much oil (crude oil) was discovered or is estimated as reserves because I remember Anambra Basin source rocks to be type 3 Kerogen (predominantly gas).
Re: Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra by chino11(m): 11:21pm On Mar 27, 2012
^

You have no point, I think you need to sleep.

FYI: Anambra has huge oil and gas in a marketable quantity, in case if you don't know its a thing of joy and not sorrow. It will not be a repetition of ND because the oil company and refinery facility is being owned and run by Anambrans, not SE, not Nigeria, not Shell nor Chevron, but Anambra people.

So the whole money will flow within, around and in Anambra for greater economic development.

2 Likes

Re: Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra by ak47mann(m): 11:36pm On Mar 27, 2012
chino11: ^

You have no point, I think you need to sleep.

FYI: Anambra has huge oil and gas in a marketable quantity, in case if you don't know its a thing of joy and not sorrow. It will not be a repetition of ND because the oil company and refinery facility is being owned and run by Anambrans, not SE, not Nigeria, not Shell nor Chevron, but Anambra people.

So the whole money will flow within, around and in Anambra for greater economic development.
On point nwanne cool
Re: Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra by basher(m): 11:49pm On Mar 27, 2012
Please thread cautiously. The logs taken from the well indicated "something", but it has not been confirmed if it is oil, gas or water.
Re: Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra by DaLover(m): 12:08am On Mar 28, 2012
I hope this isn't just another hoax to piss yoruba people of and get them saliavating with jealousy...else why don't they mention the estimated qauntity of reserves and the estimated daily production rates from the field
Re: Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra by tigerleggs(m): 12:13am On Mar 28, 2012
basher: Please thread cautiously. The logs taken from the well indicated "something", but it has not been confirmed if it is oil, gas or water.
Holy Ghost Fire!
Re: Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra by Nobody: 12:17am On Mar 28, 2012
I am happy dt oil has bn discovered in my state. We wld show d niger deltans hw natural resources r managed
Re: Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra by basher(m): 12:48am On Mar 28, 2012
DaLover: I hope this isn't just another hoax to piss yoruba people of and get them saliavating with jealousy...else why don't they mention the estimated qauntity of reserves and the estimated daily production rates from the field

Correct guy!

It's been a slow news day so this topic has been promoted from the depths of obscurity so as to whip up the usual suspects into a red misted tribal frenzy. Don't think they are biting though. The bait is recycled & not juicy enough. It's all about the traffic baby!
Re: Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra by Konnektions146(m): 3:06am On Mar 28, 2012
ZUBY77: It remains enugu and ebony in the eastern region, and i am sure that there are oil there. Biafra is really blessed. Only that some people are dragging us backwards.
there is proven natural gas deposit in eha ndiagu/eha alumona.
as well dere is crude in Igah area in Uzo uwani as well.(this place is close to the OPL 915/916)
Re: Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra by Seamate(m): 3:14am On Mar 28, 2012
That's a good find. Nigeria is blessed
Re: Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra by OneNaira6: 4:55am On Mar 28, 2012
Am I the only one that sees this as a evil discovery for Anambra.

Anambra, why can't you people learn to hide your sh1t like the other SE states. Ogini kwa? Una just created more wahalla for una self with this new discovery. Get ready to have your community destroyed, sucked dry and dumped on daily by you know whoms.
Re: Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra by Ikengawo: 6:44am On Mar 28, 2012
ismhab: Ndiigbo time for nigeria to brake apart since u have discover oil, but ojukwu don't kick the bucket, who will lead u know to destruction.
you spelt break wrong.
Re: Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra by deshclones(m): 6:44am On Mar 28, 2012
One_Naira: Am I the only one that sees this as a evil discovery for Anambra.

Anambra, why can't you people learn to hide your sh1t like the other SE states. Ogini kwa? Una just created more wahalla for una self with this new discovery. Get ready to have your community destroyed, sucked dry and dumped on daily by you know whoms.

save your bandwith man..its not a must you comment on this thread..use your internet connection to do something better for your self like watching mojo..then go self-service off somewhere..the attendant pleasure will definitely rid your soul of all the hatred you spew on this forum...idiot grin grin
Re: Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra by deshclones(m): 6:46am On Mar 28, 2012
Ikengawo: you spelt break wrong.

what do you expect from a bloody cattle fu.cker??/ grin grin

if its to throw bomb or beg they will come first...backward f00ls grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote: Wife & Children? / How Buhari Killed Plot To Extend Oyegun’s Tenure / Video From APC Presidential Rally In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.