Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,360 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? (11034 Views)

5 Most Popular Daughters Of Nigerian Presidents / When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... / History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by Ozegbe(m): 6:26pm On Mar 28, 2012
Why cant they just wear suits for once? Is it because of their pot bellies. Are they afraid that they won't represent Africa well? Amaka why na....
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by deshclones(m): 6:30pm On Mar 28, 2012
Ozegbe: why cant they just wear suit for once or is it because of their pot belle, abi them dey fear say them no go represent africa well. Amaka why na....

you are a f0000000000000l..you don't know our native clothes look more glamorous and dignified than the suit your slave masters wear??

have you ever seen a western leader wear agbada or isi-agu traditional clothes??

people like you disgust me..always clinging and copying anything the whiteman does..believe in yourself for once. angry

9 Likes

Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by bittyend(m): 6:31pm On Mar 28, 2012
Dumbest post ever!!

And why the phock should they wear suit? What's wrong with our TRADITIONAL CLOTHES and culture?

The question should be why do Nigerian Presidents speak English at international conferences? What's wrong with our languages?

Everyone speaks their language except the buffoons ruling us - and with a Goodluck Jonathan as President - Nigeria is officially a spooky country. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:31pm On Mar 28, 2012
Ozegbe: why cant they just wear suit for once or is it because of their pot belle, abi them dey fear say them no go represent africa well. Amaka why na....

^^^Are you really sure you wanna see Baba Iyabo and Goodluck in suite undecided?
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by Ozegbe(m): 6:44pm On Mar 28, 2012
deshclones:

you are a f0000000000000l..you don't know our native clothes look more glamorous and dignified than the suit your slave masters wear??

have you ever seen a western leader wear agbada or isi-agu traditional clothes??

people like you disgust me..always clinging and copying anything the whiteman does..believe in yourself for once. angry
i actually intended this post to be some kind of joke...but i will note insult you because i have never insulted anybody on this site and will not. remember he who calls anoda a fool is destined for HELL. A
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by Ozegbe(m): 6:45pm On Mar 28, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Are you really sure you wanna see Baba Iyabo and Goodluck in suite undecided?
yeah i would love to
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 28, 2012
If not for the fact that I no too like attention, I for dey rock steady agbada go work for dis Canada every friday (casual dress day). undecided cheesy

1 Like

Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by Callotti: 6:48pm On Mar 28, 2012
Not their culture.
Nothing wrong with our African attires.
Yes! It hides the 'pot bellies' well!

Check out Asiwaju!

Just like most Nigerian women cannot wear dresses like Dame Patience Goodluck. . .!

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/download/531442[/img]

Give me a Nigerian outfit any day!

Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by Acidosis(m): 7:30pm On Mar 28, 2012
deshclones:

oga the same laptop/phone you used in typing this foolish post was made by your slave master. Your president is camouflaging with a masquerading attire, when you & I know that the simplest underwear he wears (singlet and boxer short) was imported from another country not to talk of his italian shoe, his wristwatch etc.

4 Likes

Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by emofine2(f): 9:30pm On Mar 28, 2012

Else dem no get space to store extra kudi under their cloth naa tongue

On a serious note though, this should actually be a non-issue. I believe they dress as they do as a reference to their cultural background. There is nothing shameful or worthy of criticism or contempt about that.
We don’t always have to marginalize our culture to appear acceptable before others. Africa hot sha.
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by antartica(m): 11:06pm On Mar 28, 2012
Imagine what is bothering the poster. Dem using ur stolen money to buy armani and devil wear prada suits,looking like caricatures of their slave masters in the unbearable hot temprature will make ur day,abi?
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by Beaf: 11:13pm On Mar 28, 2012
Ozegbe:
i actually intended this post to be some kind of joke...but i will note insult you because i have never insulted anybody on this site and will not. remember he who calls anoda a fool is destined for HELL. A

But that joke has made you look bad in peoples eyes. It is a pretty expensive joke; one of mega proportions.
It is the joke that is so deeply engraved in many hearts, that the nation lacks the self-belief required to develop.

Believe in your identity.
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by Beaf: 11:16pm On Mar 28, 2012
[size=21pt]Swaga.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by emofine2(f): 11:42pm On Mar 28, 2012
See as Carter resemble house boy sef tongue

1 Like

Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by Nobody: 2:07am On Mar 29, 2012
The ansa is str8 forward 1 ; civilian rule in Nigeria requires leaders to wear nigerian native wears.....its nt because they hate it.....its jst a laid down directive
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by Nobody: 2:15am On Mar 29, 2012
grin grin grin Interesting question,indeed!

1 Like

Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by nijanigga: 3:25am On Mar 29, 2012
Stupid people.Many of you don't know that they carry juju on thier bodies,no better ways to hide them than to wear those african clothes.
There is nothing wrong with adoring yourself in african attaire,but atleast once in a while try English men dress too.We tend to give more time to wearing clothes,than working for our people.

1 Like

Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by Nobody: 3:52am On Mar 29, 2012
Ozegbe: Why cant they just wear suits for once? Is it because of their pot bellies. Are they afraid that they won't represent Africa well? Amaka why na....

The same reason American president doesn't wear Agbada!
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by igbo2011(m): 3:55am On Mar 29, 2012
Because they want to promote Nigerian clothing so their masses due the same thing. To have a pride for Nigerian culture and heritage. I wear Nigerian clothes all the time too. If millions of NIgerians do this then this will make the economy grow. The textiles industry can be reborn. http://www.nigerianedp.com/nigerian-fashion-gallery/
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by Pozzy(m): 4:04am On Mar 29, 2012
@ OP, you have to accept defeat and stop giving excuses
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by Pozzy(m): 4:05am On Mar 29, 2012
Actually like this Jona and Patience picture.. more of it, if there is any
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by kombats: 4:16am On Mar 29, 2012
they are showing our culture is dey anythin bad wit it
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by snafu: 5:16am On Mar 29, 2012
Ozegbe:

wise words my broda
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by Dipwater(m): 5:19am On Mar 29, 2012
Which culture? its not as if I am against agbada but they are not made in naija ,most of dem came 4rm asia. The real african clothe are those made here in africa. Representing africa is not only in clothing. I wuld prefer a pair of suit made in africa. Than an asian materials used as curtains in their cuntry.let's learn how to apreciate our own. Our textiles companys are dead ,we depend on imported clothe so much the shoes ,wristmwatch,perfumes etc our leaders wear are not made in africa. Jeans material came 4rm france and today it is evri where. Let's take our rich culture and spread it round the world ,we have locally made fabrics in nigeria ,if we most represent culture via our dressing we shuld wear made in naija clothes period

Wearing suit is not an american culture it is a borrowed culture. Living in luxurious hauses is not our culture I think we shuld go back to our huts and criously it will make sense

3 Likes

Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by Nobody: 5:28am On Mar 29, 2012
engineerd:

The same reason American president doesn't wear Agbada!
Is Agbada actually African traditionally right dressing?
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by Revo1: 5:31am On Mar 29, 2012
Why is it, that some of us can't respond to simple poser's without resorting to Base insults.
Saddening that small minded simpleton's, can't entertain exchanges without spewing unnecessary Vulgarity.

I do indeed believe that our Tradition should be promoted by our Leaders through our Local Attire, nonetheless, you can't make that a predominant Yardstick for Cultural promulgation, whereas the country's reputation in things that really matter, is worsening, as corruption deepens, Insecurity worsen's and the standard of Living takes a free fall as abetted by the Subsidy SCAM! *Spineless NLC*

Our Heritage in truth, is rapidly becoming mere vestiges, where our leaders regardless of what they put on, equate Modernization with westernization, as Glaring from the Primacy of Foreign companies over Nigerian one's.

Despite taking Mandarin as their official Language into Cognizance, Suits, are not the traditional Garb of the Chinese, still President Hu and Premier wen, wear them, and I'll appreciate any rebuttal as to my rationale that the Chinese have not only maintained but promoted and exported their culture through trade and Industry more than most African Nations.

So here's my poser;
Why Do our Leaders and Majority of you, not stick to traditional Herbs when they are sick in promotion of tradition.

When our Leaders constantly and consistently opt for foreign medicine in Hospital's Abroad Nonetheless.

The bases for my comparison is hinged on the fact that Culture is the entirety of a people's way of life, not just clothing, but food, Traditions and so on.

On the real scheme of things, western culture has permeated into our everyday Live's and the Nigerian Workplace has embraced it, if you make a living in Corporate Nigeria, you should know, that if you wear Agbada and Aso-oke to your workplace, you just might be back in the full to Bursting Job Market by the end of the Month.

I Digress.

1 Like

Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by cynthiafred67(f): 6:23am On Mar 29, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

Good question grin
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by Basics007: 6:43am On Mar 29, 2012
deshclones:

Why cant you people answer simple questions like decent fellows for once? Must every thread degenerate into a abuse slingfest?
@OP. Me i think this people carry a lot of charms and suits cant easily hide them. I'm not jokin about this. I know so cos i'm close to a few of them. And i dont blame cos there's no insurance like personal insurance

1 Like

Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by Maximus85(m): 7:05am On Mar 29, 2012
deshclones:

you are the biggest fool. Why dnt u write waec and gce in ur local language? Mumu!
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by Eltonluigi(m): 7:06am On Mar 29, 2012
Why would a sane person wear a 3 piece suit, when is burning 100 degree outside. #smh
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by Michael13(m): 7:26am On Mar 29, 2012
men i tire o! Dat they wear suit or not doesn't hide d facts dat our leaders are corrupt!

1 Like

Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by eghost247(m): 7:26am On Mar 29, 2012
write a letter to asorock

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mad Man’ Strayed Into Lagos Airport Runway / Burial Photos Of Lawal Kaita, Former Kaduna Governor / No S/east Governor Has Allocated Land For RUGA Settlement - Archbishop Chukwuma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.