Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola (15574 Views)

Ambode Presents Gift To Fashola At Law Dinner (Photos) / APC Crisis: Northern Leaders Move To Cut Tinubu To Size / Prophet To Fashola: Re-open Yaba Railway Market Or Lose Your Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola by czay(m): 8:37am On Mar 29, 2012
The Lagos State governor, Babatunde Fashola, got a rude shock from his principal and predecessor, Bola Tinubu, Wednesday after he tried to make a case for disgruntled party members.

Mr. Fashola, one of the speakers at the 4th annual Bola Tinubu Colloquium, an event organized to mark the former Lagos State governor's 60th birthday; said that he had been asked by the lower cadre members of the party to prevail on the celebrant to dispense "justice equally" to all members.

Mr. Tinubu refused

"If there's no partiality, you cannot be governor yourself," he told Mr. Fashola, adding that he had not regretted choosing him as governor.

"Ask them not to give me the task, that I'll not be able to deliver," said Mr. Tinubu.

"What I'd done consistently in the past, why would I want to change at 60?

"I've succeeded with that behaviour and sorry I'll not deviate from it," he added.

Earlier, the chairman of the occasion, Emeka Anyaoku, had called on Nigeria to return to true federalism if it must make progress.

"I do believe that a true, rather than our current unitarist federalism, will better promote peace, stability, and development in Nigeria," said Mr. Anyaoku, a former Secretary-General of the Commonwealth.

"There can be no doubt that Nigeria was making progress in national development in the early years of its independence when it practiced true federalism of four regions with more extensive powers deployed from the centre to the regions.

"Those were the days of the significant export of groundnuts, hides and skins, and the tin ore from the North; of cocoa from the West; of rubber from the Mid-West; and palm produce and coal from the East of Nigeria," said Mr. Anyaoku.

The organizers said that the proceeds from the sales would be channeled into a fund, the Bola Tinubu Institute for Good Governance.
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/4447-tinubu_fashola_clash_at_birthday_colloquium.html
Re: If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola by nwanioma(f): 9:16am On Mar 29, 2012
How nice, ! My own is see traffic because of birthday oh! Been trying to get out of surulere for the past 1hrs, I just hope it wouldn't be there by evening oh!
Re: If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 29, 2012
Mr Ojuyobo.
Re: If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola by semid4lyfe(m): 10:13am On Mar 29, 2012
But na true Tinubu dey talk na grin
Re: If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola by babaowo: 10:21am On Mar 29, 2012
True fact from Tinunbu...likewise if there is no partiality from OBJ, GEJ or any minority will never smell the seat of president which they enjoys today.

2 Likes

Re: If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola by madjune(m): 10:23am On Mar 29, 2012
Imagine, tinubu said he made fashola governor. What happened to the people's votes?
And Anyaoku is hangin out with the wrong crowd talking about federalism.

3 Likes

Re: If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola by babaowo: 10:23am On Mar 29, 2012
nwani oma: How nice, ! My own is see traffic because of birthday oh! Been trying to get out of surulere for the past 1hrs, I just hope it wouldn't be there by evening oh!
...... Sorry! Take bike or treck.
Re: If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola by onyewec3: 10:28am On Mar 29, 2012
semid4lyfe: But na true Tinubu dey talk na grin

Yes nah.if fashola could become govnor by patiality den it means d same too for PDP. So why tinubu always blow fire wen PDP chooses its leaders by d same partiality as obtained in d case of fashola?anyway Tinubu is PDP guy in generality but Action congress in regionality
Re: If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola by jamil2(m): 10:32am On Mar 29, 2012
Waiting for more inputs mainly from my yoruba pals.
Re: If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola by angelz(f): 10:47am On Mar 29, 2012
there is hardly anywhere in dis world that there is no partiality.
evne in my office. the Ibo boss favor his felloe Ibo subordinate, n d yoruba boss does the same.
its more common in Africa, esp Niaja.
If any of u gys r in position 2moro, u'l think of ur own pple first.
even if u dnt want 2, they will seek u.
l'l try not to do that if it were me tho, cus l bliv in puttin round pegs on round holes[/i][i][s][/s].

1 Like

Re: If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola by chucky234(m): 10:51am On Mar 29, 2012
What do you expect,only God knows how many stolen billions Fashola deposit into Tinubu bank account daily for making him governor. Naija is a lost nation.....
Re: If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola by Ade1966(m): 10:59am On Mar 29, 2012
What is being practised is called "guided democracy". Leadership is about taking the right decisions witth or without complying with protocols. Bola Tinubbu is a Great Man with a lot of Loyal Followers.
Re: If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola by Businesstools(m): 11:15am On Mar 29, 2012
FACT!
Re: If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola by sexyverah(f): 11:27am On Mar 29, 2012
we all know election for nigeria na padi padi...... i just advice those people that use to go nd stay under d sun fr hours casting nonsense votes... my dear people those votes dnt count.. they already knw d wining team.....
Re: If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola by ideylaff: 11:36am On Mar 29, 2012
madjune: Imagine, tinubu said he made fashola governor. What happened to the people's votes?

my bro/sis @madjune, as per Emeka Anayaoku... the new entrant to Oil Shieks Cabal.... u better dont lose sleep over all ds people ooo u can only vouch for yourself. During the day they look like they are saints and enemies of each other... but I can tell you 4 free... they are all the same.they are all friends.. We are the outsiders....in the whole scenario... the poor man... yes..we are...

Dont be surprised if tinubu and GEJ have a phone conversation and a laugh every other evening .... that is Nigeria 4 u

2 Likes

Re: If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola by Tropilo(m): 11:38am On Mar 29, 2012
Yes partiality brought him but he's proving himself.
Same partiality made Theodore Orji, Uduaghan, "madman" Aregbesola and all d northern governors, yet these ones are all 'same of the same'. Zero "upon" Ten!
Re: If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola by emsquare(m): 11:39am On Mar 29, 2012
nwani oma: How nice, ! My own is see traffic because of birthday oh! Been trying to get out of surulere for the past 1hrs, I just hope it wouldn't be there by evening oh!

Hmmmm!!!
Re: If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola by iluvnaija: 12:01pm On Mar 29, 2012
Lootocracy and Cabalocracy continues!!!!!!!!!!

Re: If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola by Okijajuju1(m): 12:18pm On Mar 29, 2012
When Ofemmanus have had too much Ogogoro to drink at one of their Owambe parties, they start behaving like rascals!!

God have mercy on Nigeria!!
Re: If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola by czay(m): 12:19pm On Mar 29, 2012
It is a clear evidence that Tinubu and the party loyalist are all sham...imo
Re: If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola by niddamugu(m): 12:20pm On Mar 29, 2012
Point Blank
Re: If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola by Ibangap(m): 12:27pm On Mar 29, 2012
Okija_juju: When Ofemmanus have had too much Ogogoro to drink at one of their Owambe parties, they start behaving like rascals!!

hahahahahaha, wetin dis people do u sef
Re: If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 29, 2012
angelz: there is hardly anywhere in dis world that there is no partiality.
evne in my office. the Ibo boss favor his felloe Ibo subordinate, n d yoruba boss does the same.
its more common in Africa, esp Niaja.
If any of u gys r in position 2moro, u'l think of ur own pple first.
even if u dnt want 2, they will seek u.
l'l try not to do that if it were me tho, cus l bliv in puttin round pegs on round holes[/i][i][s][/s].
Obasanjo gives no fork bout his own pple... Infact he favors the North waaay berra than his pple
Re: If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola by linsa01(m): 12:53pm On Mar 29, 2012
Right on point Tinubu. But i wonder why the ACN was criticising PDP over its just concluded conventions.

Do we have true democracy in Nigeria? PDP, ACN, ANPP, APGA, UPGA, HIV... All na same cos they have somethings in common: partiality and corruption.

1 Like

Re: If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola by ideylaff: 12:57pm On Mar 29, 2012
Okija_juju: When Ofemmanus have had too much Ogogoro to drink at one of their Owambe parties, they start behaving like rascals!!

Did u not see that Emeka Anayaoku someone 4rm the eas as Chairman of the occassion.. what's all ds tribalism on here 4 sef? Lets stop it... is this act any different 4rm racism....

Lets grow up people...GOD help us. NL needs us ALL ..

3 Likes

Re: If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola by Demdem(m): 12:58pm On Mar 29, 2012
i keep loving this guy with his comments
Re: If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola by Demdem(m): 1:01pm On Mar 29, 2012
linsa01: Right on point Tinubu. But i wonder why the ACN was criticising PDP over its just concluded conventions.

Do we have true democracy in Nigeria? PDP, ACN, ANPP, APGA, UPGA, HIV... All na same cos they have somethings in common: partiality and corruption.

check those comments from Lai, he didnt brandish ACN a truly democratic one, instead he took a swipe at the retardeen for claiming his boko party is trully and indeed democratic after labelling all others as one man show.
Re: If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola by Demdem(m): 1:06pm On Mar 29, 2012
madjune: Imagine, tinubu said he made fashola governor. What happened to the people's votes?

back to early 2007 before elections. did u ever know or heard of anyone called Fashola? the fact is i doubt if the peoples vote really put him there. the rigging machineries were in place like it was nationwide.
Re: If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola by Demdem(m): 1:10pm On Mar 29, 2012
onyewec3:

Yes nah.if fashola could become govnor by patiality den it means d same too for PDP. So why tinubu always blow fire wen PDP chooses its leaders by d same partiality as obtained in d case of fashola?anyway Tinubu is PDP guy in generality but Action congress in regionality

because the retardeen claims his boko party is the only trully democratic party we have in the nation. Tinubu has never claimed such.
Re: If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 29, 2012
sexyverah: [s]we all know election for nigeria na padi padi...... i just advice those people that use to go nd stay under d sun fr hours casting nonsense votes... my dear people those votes dnt count.. they already knw d wining team.....[/s]

Shut up your mouth.He wasnt talking about the general election but making reference to the party primaries that produced fashola as Acn guber candidate.Jimi Agbaje was a better contender than fashola but tinubu chose fashola cuz of his humility which others do not have.Fashola outstanding performance as tinubu chief of staff made him a better option compare to tinubu's deputy governor and commissioners.

God have mercy on Nigeria

You are one sick and deluded ignorant.Ode

2 Likes

Re: If There's No Partiality, You Won't Be Governor Yourself" - Tinubu To Fashola by ValNweze(m): 1:38pm On Mar 29, 2012
grin
a real thief!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Makarfi Led PDP Meets Akpabio, Ekweremadu, Other PDP National Assembly Members / Boniface Emerengwa Pledges Loyalty To Fubara / Nigerians Vandalise Their Embassy In Senegal (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.