Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

The Zealous African Christians And The Backsliding European Evangels - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Zealous African Christians And The Backsliding European Evangels (2276 Views)

Advice For Backsliding Christians. / Why Are Christians Judgemental & Over Zealous / How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Zealous African Christians And The Backsliding European Evangels by emofine2(f): 10:46am On Mar 29, 2012
Why are African Christians more zealous than the European nations that converted us?

African Christians have invested wholly in an imported belief and are so much devoted to this foreign faith it surpasses the piety of the European nations that introduced this belief system to our continent. Even the European Christians that still regard this faith are tame in comparison to African Christians.

African Christians are perhaps the most zealous Christians I’ve ever encountered. Whilst many Europeans have now moved on and discarded the faith they once shared with a fraction of the globe, Africans still remain largely dedicated to this borrowed belief.

Some Africans have now even assumed the former role of the early European evangelists and witness for Christ here in Europe to the very countries that imposed this faith on us.

Why are African Christians more passionate about this imported faith than the very nations that foisted this belief on us?
Re: The Zealous African Christians And The Backsliding European Evangels by mkmyers45(m): 12:04pm On Mar 29, 2012
They are the most zealous but definitely the most treacherous,hypocritical and self-centred christains in the whole world. Thier fear of witches,spells blah blah blah has made seek something to take God status in thier lives,I technical see the zealousness as a result of age-long brainwashing, afterall they were forced to accept christainity and islam.
Re: The Zealous African Christians And The Backsliding European Evangels by emofine2(f): 1:53pm On Mar 29, 2012
mkmyers45: I technical see the zealous as a result of age-long brainwashing, afterall they were forced to accept christainity and islam.

Well initially to an extent yes they were forced but today it’s largely voluntary. Could the forced converts exhibit much enthusiasm to an intruding faith as opposed to the voluntary converts?

Of course forcing much of the natives in the beginning to adopt this belief has set a climate and for the subsequent generation it has become relatively standard to be a Christian.

The African Christians I know are rather grateful for the missionaries that arrived on the continent. Because in their mind without these intruders we would have forever been a lost people. Never mind the entry in which this faith was carted in and the things we have lost as a continent because of this agent but what does that matter if we have gained the infallible “truth”, right.

What I don’t understand is if most of the Europeans at the time could not even consider Africans as equal or "love thy neighbours" why would such a people be willing to share the alleged truth with “animals” and “savages”?

Why would anyone share any “truth” with another that they do not hold in high regard and have subjected to degradation?

And Africans are grateful for being allowed access to the “truth” despite not being deemed fit or worthy enough to congregate with the Europeans once upon a time. So grateful they are now as reverse missionaries Africans stand in the streets of London spreading the good news to the nation responsible for our “salvation”.

Today they pray to god the loudest. Worship god the strongest. Evangelize the hardest. Whilst Christianity has waxed stronger in our ailing continent it has faded in significance in affluent Europe.

I know that Africans rightly or wrongly take matters concerning spirituality very seriously but it does still make me wonder why they are more committed to the course than the countries that introduced “the way, the truth and the light” to our continent. Stockholm syndrome perhaps?

4 Likes

Re: The Zealous African Christians And The Backsliding European Evangels by mkmyers45(m): 2:22pm On Mar 29, 2012
emöfine2:

Well initially to an extent yes they were forced but today it’s largely voluntary. Could the forced converts exhibit much enthusiasm to an intruding faith as opposed to the voluntary converts?

Of course forcing much of the natives in the beginning to adopt this belief has set a climate and for the subsequent generation it has become relatively standard to be a Christian.

The African Christians I know are rather grateful for the missionaries that arrived on the continent. Because in their mind without these intruders we would have forever been a lost people. Never mind the entry in which this faith was carted in and the things we have lost as a continent because of this agent but what does that matter if we have gained the infallible “truth”, right.

What I don’t understand is if most of the Europeans at the time could not even consider Africans as equal or "love thy neighbours" why would such a people be willing to share the alleged truth with “animals” and “savages”?

Why would anyone share any “truth” with another that they do not hold in high regard and have subjected to degradation?

And Africans are grateful for being allowed access to the “truth” despite not being deemed fit or worthy enough to congregate with the Europeans once upon a time. So grateful they are now as reverse missionaries Africans stand in the streets of London spreading the good news to the nation responsible for our “salvation”.

Today they pray to god the loudest. Worship god the strongest. Evangelize the hardest. Whilst Christianity has waxed stronger in our ailing continent it has faded in significance in affluent Europe.

I know that Africans rightly or wrongly take matters concerning spirituality very seriously but it does still make me wonder why they are more committed to the course than the countries that introduced “the way, the truth and the light” to our continent. Stockholm syndrome perhaps?
They were vaguely spiritual from the on-set so i guess we can blame poverty(intellectual and monetary) and stockholm syndrome. the is a diffrent with ethusiasm and irrational eccentricity.
Re: The Zealous African Christians And The Backsliding European Evangels by plaetton: 3:27pm On Mar 29, 2012
emöfine2:

Very good points and very interesting thread. I have pondered this these questions since I was a teenager.I presently alarmed at the (pretended) religiousity of Africans simply because of mentally debilating effects and the exploitation that go hand in hand with religious zealotary.I am alrmed, no, paranoid, that whilest the rest of the world are contemplating interplanetary travel, we are still obsessed with the "Daddy Please Come Back" syndrom and spend an enormous amount of prodcutive time in worhtless supplications to borrowed mythical dieties of ancient cultures far far remote to our land, cultures and values.
However,on closer observation, I have seen that Nigerians are not really religious in the true sense of the word. There is a big knowledge gap between ordinary Africans and the rest of the world.I want to go out on limb here to guesstimate that an overwhelming majority of African do not have the faintest clue about how the world works. There is a big gag, no, big hole, in scientific knowledge, there is a bigger gap in historical knowledge, and yet even a bigger gap in the basic philosophical constructs upon which civilisations are built and maintained.
What I see is an overwhelming influence of complex ingnorance mixed with compound fear,and then ofcourse, with added overbearing influence of the mercantilistic pentecostal church-preneurs passionately hawking their "Name It and Claim It " theology.
The new Pulpit Pimps, as I like to call them,repeatedly use tried and tested simple, as well as complex brainwashing techniques to foster ignorance, inspire and invoke fear and then ultimately take complete control of the wills and thought processes of the frightened and confused masses.
I attended a church service last sunday for child dedication ceremony.i had not been to one in few years so I was hoping to hear something refeshing and ispiring, and was actually praying in my mind the Pastor does not preach about money today. What did he preach for more than an hour? Your guess is as good as mine."Tithing and the debt that you owe god".
Again, much to my dissapointment, I did not hear Love, tolerance, endurance, honesty, charity- all the virtues that make us good citizens of the earth.
I immediately got a headache and had to endure it for the rest of the service.
To me, perhaps the most shocking and alarming is that the church has a program for every day of the week and everyone was encouraged(more like blackmailed) to attend each one of these daily programs.They also had a weekly calendar of fasting times and prayer times taht everyone was expected to follow. With these routines, the individuals mental sovereighnty is gradually and completely eroded, taken over and then perpetually manipulated with the use of fear.
Multiply this scenario 100,000 times and that is what we have all over Africa, especially with Nigeria leading the way.

7 Likes

Re: The Zealous African Christians And The Backsliding European Evangels by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 29, 2012
Hello Plaetton!

I've appreciated your post. Are you an atheist?

best regards!

LoJ
Re: The Zealous African Christians And The Backsliding European Evangels by plaetton: 6:16pm On Mar 29, 2012
LoJ: Hello Plaetton!

I've appreciated your post. Are you an atheist?

best regards!

LoJ

Yes , you might call me an athiest because I have found, from my youth, that the basic constucts of religious belief do not measure up to rational common sense.I found in my personal research on religion that the idea of god is constantly evolving in the same way the minds of men are constantly evolving.In Nigeria and in much of Africa, the idea of god is a money/prosperity/ wealth centered idea simply because those are the things that majority of us lack very much, and so and so forth. When powerful nations go to war to take the resources of other nations, they invoke the name of their god to lead them while the invaded less powerful nations also invoke the name of god to protect and defend them.
So it is all in the mind. It is created in the mind and lives in the mind of the creator.
Re: The Zealous African Christians And The Backsliding European Evangels by emofine2(f): 11:33pm On Mar 29, 2012
plaetton: I presently alarmed at the (pretended) religiousity of Africans simply because of mentally debilating effects and the exploitation that go hand in hand with religious zealotary

But Africans must certainly know these things already. Nothing new has been brought to light. The thing is. . . many Africans are no more familiar with those stigmatized and abandoned traditional beliefs. And since the archetypical African is belief-centred anyway and being irreligious is a taboo what do we have left to fill the religious gap? Some Africans don’t even know or want to know their native beliefs and they thus adhere or are accustomed to the well-known prevalent belief in the society. It’s like the only option left on the menu for some and they don’t want to go hungry.
A thoughtful African regardless of their religious status must have contemplated at least once, the purpose of why our continent’s encroachment was coupled with a religion(s).

But why Africans are so keen on this imported belief more than the nations who presented it to the continent may be because our desperate condition has encouraged this and some are after favour from this being thus will try to over please “him” and that is often exhibited in the most colourful of ways i.e. singing the loudest, theatrical praying etc
Although I guess some Africans particularly Nigerians are melodramatic exhibitionists and are not necessarily even moved by the “spirit”.

However,on closer observation, I have seen that Nigerians are not really religious in the true sense of the word. There is a big knowledge gap between ordinary Africans and the rest of the world.I want to go out on limb here to guesstimate that an overwhelming majority of African do not have the faintest clue about how the world works. There is a big gag, no, big hole, in scientific knowledge, there is a bigger gap in historical knowledge, and yet even a bigger gap in the basic philosophical constructs upon which civilisations are built and maintained.

I agree with this and more.

2 Likes

Re: The Zealous African Christians And The Backsliding European Evangels by emofine2(f): 11:37pm On Mar 29, 2012
plaetton:

Yes , you might call me an athiest because I have found, from my youth, that the basic constucts of religious belief do not measure up to rational common sense.I found in my personal research on religion that the idea of god is constantly evolving in the same way the minds of men are constantly evolving.In Nigeria and in much of Africa, the idea of god is a money/prosperity/ wealth centered idea simply because those are the things that majority of us lack very much, and so and so forth. When powerful nations go to war to take the resources of other nations, they invoke the name of their god to lead them while the invaded less powerful nations also invoke the name of god to protect and defend them.
So it is all in the mind. It is created in the mind and lives in the mind of the creator.

This is so interesting. Have you noticed that those who had the authority of a nation introduced and established their god as the central or legitimate god – thus marking their territory with their deity. Being under another man’s god is essentially being under another man.

3 Likes

Re: The Zealous African Christians And The Backsliding European Evangels by unphilaz(m): 6:53pm On Mar 31, 2012
amusing talk, that is why i come once in a while to NL to joggle my brain, laf at sum thinking caps, SMH and go to the next topic. however sumthings highlighted maybe facts but not necessarily the truth. its pathetic wat goes on in the name of Christ but One thing stands i know whom i have believed

1 Like

Re: The Zealous African Christians And The Backsliding European Evangels by mazaje(m): 9:26pm On Mar 31, 2012
Very interesting topic. . .What I have noticed on a personal level is that even the very strong european white christians are not like the average strong Nigerian christian. . .The average european white muslim even though they are very few, are still very different from the average arabic or Nigerian muslim. . .The people here truly know how the world works, hence all these mythical religions have been relegated to to the back ground. . .The religions have no use to them.

We are mostly religious in Africa mainly because of lack of knowledge. We TRULY do not know how the world works as plaetton has said, and we DO NOT want to know. We attend the best colleges here, we learn the latest skills yet we are still unable to do or contribute anything meaningful to our societies despite all the knowledge we have acquired. .We can not impact our society positively because of deeply held beliefs that we were conditioned to accept as the truth that always seem to disagree with what we have come to know or have been exposed to . . .We rather discard or reject new knowledge than accept it. . .How can a society grow and develop when they refuse to evolve their thinking and reasoning? The white europeans have evolved in their thinking and reasoning, they have accepted the new ways, embraced new knowledge and destroyed the primitive knowledge. . .They have build upon the primitive knowledge and moved on while we are still dwelling and reasoning like people that lived thousands of years ago. . .We refuse to learn about our own indigenous religions and beliefs. . .Refuse to change and modify our traditional beliefs, and prefer holding unto aged long myths and life styles that will never move us forward as a people.

I witnessed something recently in Austria. . .I still laugh when I think about it. . .Some crazy Nigerian girl claimed that someone cut off her hair while she was sleeping in her room, she went and reported the event to the pastor. . .That was some days before I arrived in Vienna, when I got there, the lady now claimed that a vulture appeared to her and vomited blood on her hair while she was sleeping. . . shocked shocked grin grin. . .On sunday day, I attended the child dedication of my host. . .During the service before the child dedication the pastor took the lady to the front of the church, shaved her hair , poured olive oil and the whole congregation was told to stretch our hands towards where she and the pastor were and pray for her. . .There were very few white people there, and I noticed they were very surprised at the entire event . .After the service my friend introduced me to a white couple and their friend as a friend of his that came from Denmark, one of them had lived in Odense before so we talked about Denmark and got talking about other things. When we got to the topic of the girl the married man talked about his misgivings about the whole thing, he was asking questions like, how did the vulture come into her room? Who else saw it? Where is the evidence of the blood? He said he believes she was either dreaming or hallucinating, he also said that the girl needs to be taken to a mental hospital for evaluation. . .The Nigerians in the church despite living in Austria accepted this story without thinking. .

I bring this up because I notice that the way we practice christianity in Nigeria and Africa is VERY different from the way white people practice theirs, we believe in things like spiritual husbands/wives, mummy water, juju etc and we always love the easiest way out. . .We do this mainly because of the lack of knowledge of how the world works simple. . ..We don't have the culture of questioning things and people in authority that is why a person like Adeboye will come and lie that he drove his car for over 200km on an empty tank and people will believe it. . .We do not reason logically in Africa and in Nigeria. . .That is just the fact. . .We believe too much in magic. . .

6 Likes

Re: The Zealous African Christians And The Backsliding European Evangels by claremont(m): 9:40pm On Mar 31, 2012
If we investigate very well, I would argue that it is safe to assume that religious passion amongst a population directly correlates with poverty, corruption, crime, oppression of females, homophobia, and geni-tal mutilation. What this means is that, the more religious a country is, the more pervasive these crimes are. Nigeria can be used as a perfect case study, we have often been described as the most religious nation on earth; yet, it goes without saying that religion has been a curse to us.

I would also argue that there is a reason why the European nations have since done away with religion; it is because they know that religion hampers economic and intellectual progress.

4 Likes

Re: The Zealous African Christians And The Backsliding European Evangels by mkmyers45(m): 10:40pm On Mar 31, 2012
claremont: If we investigate very well, I would argue that it is safe to assume that religious passion amongst a population directly correlates with poverty, corruption, crime, oppression of females, homophobia, and geni-tal mutilation. What this means is that, the more religious a country is, the more pervasive these crimes are. Nigeria can be used as a perfect case study, we have often been described as the most religious nation on earth; yet, it goes without saying that religion has been a curse to us.

I would also argue that there is a reason why the European nations have since done away with religion; it is because they know that religion hampers economic and intellectual progress.
100% on point and unanimously agreed upon, thumbs up cool

1 Like

Re: The Zealous African Christians And The Backsliding European Evangels by Nobody: 3:02am On Apr 01, 2012
mazaje: . . .We believe too much in magic. . .
Thank you, Sir. You expressed clearly what's been on my mind for several days now. I' like to ask a question though; do you think there's hope for the Nigerian in particular and the black race in general?

1 Like

Re: The Zealous African Christians And The Backsliding European Evangels by mazaje(m): 5:07am On Apr 01, 2012
musKeeto:
Thank you, Sir. You expressed clearly what's been on my mind for several days now. I' like to ask a question though; do you think there's hope for the Nigerian in particular and the black race in general?

Once there is life there is hope, but we have a VERY LONG way to go my brother. . .What we need to do as Africans is to acknowledge that we have a very big problem as a people,then try to modify our beliefs and traditions, you can not move forward in the 21st century with a 1st, 2nd or 10th century mindset. We need to take education very seriously and accept the new knowledge it gives or points to. . .No need fighting it or discarding new knowledge even if it contradicts what we "know" to be true. We seriously need to be skeptical and not accept everything at face value.We need to stop formulating lies to explain that which we do not know or understand . . .Then the issue of irrational fear, Africans are too FEARFUL, we fear too much. . .We are always fearful of imaginary beings trying to harm us. . .If a white european sees fire coming out from a tree(an unusual phenomena), he will wait for the fire to stop coming out from the tree, then go and conduct an investigation. He will want to know the source of the fire, the mechanism it uses to flow out from the tree and the tempreture of the fire etc because its not a normal phenomena. But if it is an African,hmmmm. . . He/she will run as far as he/she can from the tree without looking back while going about spreading he said, she said mythical tales about the tree. . .

Back in the days when I was conducting my personal research on the efficacy of juju, the existence of witches, wizards and their claims, 2 of my friends who got to know about it( these guys are college educated from UK and have lived there for many years) really thought I was crazy and demonic, because of the total lack of fear I displayed. . .They just felt it was abnormal, they personally felt I was in some kind of cult or something. . .They just thought I was insane. We need to drop all these fear, we also need to modify our beliefs and culture in order to move forward as a people. . .

1 Like

Re: The Zealous African Christians And The Backsliding European Evangels by mazaje(m): 5:07am On Apr 01, 2012
double post. . . .
Re: The Zealous African Christians And The Backsliding European Evangels by mazaje(m): 8:06am On Apr 01, 2012
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRG9gXriVI[/flash]

A lot of African's believe in the nonsense that is in that video in varying degrees. . .Some believe they are favored, so when they pray, sow seed and pay tithe(offer ritual) God will magically give them money. . .Instead of thinking of how to develop their human skills, invest time and money in better ventures, diversify their means of income, take more risk, people believe juju or christain ritual as advertised by modern day pastors will make them rich. If you know how the world works, then you will know that a good economy is what increases the chance of a person becoming rich. People living and operating in a rich and good economy have more disposable income than people living in a bad one(Nigeria and Africa in general). No amount of seed sowing, tithe paying or ritual killings will give the majority of the population money as long as the over all economy is in shambles. . .But because we are generally not educated, willfully ignorant and refuse to open our eyes to know how the world works, we keep holding unto magic and superstitious fantasies to better our lives and give us what we want. . .So far these superstitious way of thinking has FAILED us and will continue to fail us until we modify our thoughts and reasoning. . .

1 Like

Re: The Zealous African Christians And The Backsliding European Evangels by Jenwitemi(m): 8:10am On Apr 01, 2012
mkmyers45: They were vaguely spiritual from the on-set so i guess we can blame poverty(intellectual and monetary) and stockholm syndrome. the is a diffrent with ethusiasm and irrational eccentricity.
I do not believe that it is the African spirituality that led them into religious zealotry. If they were truly spiritual as purported, they would have seen through the falsehood of religion and rejected it outright. But they can't see through it, can they? That says a lot about their so-called spirituality.
Re: The Zealous African Christians And The Backsliding European Evangels by Jenwitemi(m): 8:24am On Apr 01, 2012
emöfine2: Why are African Christians more zealous than the European nations that converted us?

African Christians have invested wholly in an imported belief and are so much devoted to this foreign faith it surpasses the piety of the European nations that introduced this belief system to our continent. Even the European Christians that still regard this faith are tame in comparison to African Christians.

African Christians are perhaps the most zealous Christians I’ve ever encountered. Whilst many Europeans have now moved on and discarded the faith they once shared with a fraction of the globe, Africans still remain largely dedicated to this borrowed belief.

Some Africans have now even assumed the former role of the early European evangelists and witness for Christ here in Europe to the very countries that imposed this faith on us.

Why are African Christians more passionate about this imported faith than the very nations that foisted this belief on us?
It is not only religion, my dear. Check out Africans
attitude towards everything else that comes from the white race apart from their religions; LANGUAGE, way of life, culture, etc. We accept everything that comes from the white race as superior without thinking deeply about it first. This problem goes way beyond just religious zealotry of Africans.
Re: The Zealous African Christians And The Backsliding European Evangels by IdiAmin2(m): 10:42pm On Apr 02, 2012
Jenwitemi: It is not only religion, my dear. Check out Africans
attitude towards everything else that comes from the white race apart from their religions; LANGUAGE, way of life, culture, etc. We accept everything that comes from the white race as superior without thinking deeply about it first. This problem goes way beyond just religious zealotry of Africans.

Interesting post. Thanks everyone for your contributions, I have enjoyed reading everyone's comments, just wait till the religious people come and erode this post with their stupidity and abusing people who are writing intelligent ideas.

Jenwitemi, I have to agree with you. I think we have been trained to hate ourselves and everything black.African, at the same time brainwashed to accepts wht is from our slave masters as the right thing for us. Just mention 'Ifa' or traditional African religion to any christian, and they will immediately go ' that is evil, it is from the devil, it is pagan and should be eradicated, people who practise that will burn in hell'. They have been trained to hate that which we had before christianity was invented and have embraced a new idea that is foreign to us.

1 Like

Re: The Zealous African Christians And The Backsliding European Evangels by mazaje(m): 7:25am On Apr 03, 2012
plaetton:

excellent one and something to deeply reflect upon. Another one to reflect upon is why western countries do not teach bilbe knowledge in their public schools. The reason is quite simple. They cannot risk the damage that such toxic material could do their young who are their future. The have been there and they have done all that in previous eras. We should learn from them.
Re: The Zealous African Christians And The Backsliding European Evangels by mazaje(m): 7:08am On Apr 04, 2012
double post
Re: The Zealous African Christians And The Backsliding European Evangels by dalaman: 4:19pm On Apr 04, 2012
Interesting thoughts on display here.
Re: The Zealous African Christians And The Backsliding European Evangels by Demainman1: 4:34pm On Apr 04, 2012
Religion is a big barrier to the growth and progress of the African/Nigeria man. The second big barrier is FEAR.

Where you now have FEAR and RELIGION together the result = Nigerian development. Which is STAGNANT.

We can never move forward in that country. Never!! although the 1% successful ones will have you think otherwise. How they measure success beats me if;

-You are constantly living in fear
-You cannot go out after 7pm
-You are surrounded by high walls in your house
-Your kids cannot wait to relocate to Europe and America and in most cases for good.
-No light, No road, No water, No broadband grin
-Small small girls getting raped by robbers (I bet some rich men daughters was in that group)

How anyone can say they are doing well in such environment beats me

As PETER TOSH sang (may his soul rest in peace)
"Everyone wants to go to heaven but no one wants to die" Typical Naija christians mindset.

1 Like

Re: The Zealous African Christians And The Backsliding European Evangels by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 04, 2012
Hi Plaetton, u ve' alwayz been my hero when it comes 2 critical analysis on religion & belief.
cheers dear....
Re: The Zealous African Christians And The Backsliding European Evangels by Purist(m): 2:48pm On Jun 19, 2012
mazaje:

Once there is life there is hope, but we have a VERY LONG way to go my brother. . .What we need to do as Africans is to acknowledge that we have a very big problem as a people,then try to modify our beliefs and traditions, you can not move forward in the 21st century with a 1st, 2nd or 10th century mindset. We need to take education very seriously and accept the new knowledge it gives or points to. . .No need fighting it or discarding new knowledge even if it contradicts what we "know" to be true. We seriously need to be skeptical and not accept everything at face value.We need to stop formulating lies to explain that which we do not know or understand . . .Then the issue of irrational fear, Africans are too FEARFUL, we fear too much. . .We are always fearful of imaginary beings trying to harm us. . .If a white european sees fire coming out from a tree(an unusual phenomena), he will wait for the fire to stop coming out from the tree, then go and conduct an investigation. He will want to know the source of the fire, the mechanism it uses to flow out from the tree and the tempreture of the fire etc because its not a normal phenomena. But if it is an African,hmmmm. . . He/she will run as far as he/she can from the tree without looking back while going about spreading he said, she said mythical tales about the tree. . .

Back in the days when I was conducting my personal research on the efficacy of juju, the existence of witches, wizards and their claims, 2 of my friends who got to know about it( these guys are college educated from UK and have lived there for many years) really thought I was crazy and demonic, because of the total lack of fear I displayed. . .They just felt it was abnormal, they personally felt I was in some kind of cult or something. . .They just thought I was insane. We need to drop all these fear, we also need to modify our beliefs and culture in order to move forward as a people. . .

Absolutely spot on. Especially the bit on FEAR.

(1) (Reply)

Why Some People Don't Receive Divine Healing / Until Men Mock You, God May Not Make You. / First Ever Male Circumcision, How Did Man Come To Know about it/how to do It ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.