Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,100 members, 7,835,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB (7327 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: The Face Of Subsidy Removal? / Iweala The Imf/world Bank Agent Vows To Resign If Gej Return To 65 Naira <Rumor> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB by martinosi: 12:32pm On Apr 02, 2012
Kobojunkie: If she gets it,good for her. But it will likely mean that for Nigeria, and Nigerians, the so-called new plan for development will be once again abandoned ,and we may have to wait for the next administration to come play us the same lines and then start the game all over again. sad sad sad

AIRHEAD !!!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB by martinosi: 12:33pm On Apr 02, 2012
jacobs123: James Wolfensohn was born in Sydney, Australia, on 1 December 1933.
In 1980, he became a naturalized citizen of the United States.
He accepted nomination to serve as president of the World Bank in 1995.
In October 2010, Wolfensohn regained his Australian Citizenship.

Bottomline: James Wolfensohn was an American citizen while he served as World Bank President. Who knows Ngozi may be an American citizen too!

She is an American Citizen *duh*..why r our people so ignorant!!!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB by martinosi: 12:34pm On Apr 02, 2012
Okija_juju: An Igbo Woman can do anything she sets her mind to. . . So I say Yes, she can!!

U need to stop thinking like a child!!!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB by martinosi: 12:35pm On Apr 02, 2012
iluvnaija: Who born her?

If Ngozi really like Nigeria as she claimed, why seek for world bank job? Nigerians should open their eyes NOI does not mean well for Nigerians she is acting to script given to her.
Shine your eyes.

Thank you..at least somebody is thinking straight!!!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB by martinosi: 12:39pm On Apr 02, 2012
LeoMax: Conspiracy Theories are good for occupation of the minds who care to pay attention to them

U ARE A FOOL!!! KEEP ON DREAMING...As an Economist, Ex-Military Personnel and Educator i can
confidently say you are a fool and should go back to sleep.

If you think that the World Bank, IMF etc are set up to benefit third world countries
then you are in a la la land and a fool!!!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB by martinosi: 12:41pm On Apr 02, 2012
cap28:

You are the only person on here who understands what is going on.

Africa's recolonisation is approaching the final phase and yet many of us are still fast asleep, the IMF have the whole of the west african region under control courtesy of their puppet Ouattara - Nigeria is fully under world bank control courtesy of Okonjo Iweala and AFRICOM continues to make its presence felt on the african continent on a daily basis - i dont know if you know this but the coup in Mail was an AFRICOM directed operation.

So how much longer have nigerians got before they realise that Okonjo Iweala (under instructions from her masters in washington) is leading the majority of her own people to an early grave?

if you havent read it already - please read former US national security adviser Henry Kissinger's national security study memorandum 200 regarding africa - these people have one agenda towards africa - DEPOPULATION USING WAR, DEBT SLAVERY, MASS POVERTY, FAMINE, BIOLOGICAL WARFARE AND DRACONIAN ECONOMIC POLICIES, here is a quote from the document:

Depopulation should be the highest priority of foreign policy towards the third world, because the US economy will require large and increasing amounts of minerals from abroad, especially from less developed countries”.
Dr. Henry Kissinger

Thanks CAP28 for keeping the Knowledge and Light of Truth Shining...
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB by martinosi: 12:43pm On Apr 02, 2012
Wallie: Here’s why it will be a serious uphill battle for her to lead the World Bank.

World Bank Donors 2010
1. US $1.5 billion
2. Germany $1 billion
3. UK $823 million
4. France $730 million
5. Canada $591 million
6. Japan $582 million
7. Norway $300 million
8. Spain $186 million
9. Sweden $155 million
10. Australia $149 million
16. Brazil $58 million
26. Nigeria $9 million
29. China $6 million
42. South Africa $1 million

https://finances.worldbank.org/Financial-Intermediary-Funds/Biggest-donors-by-countries-2010/r2cs-ptjn

Whose money is really floating the World Bank? How much money is contributed by people supporting her? Europe and the USA have an agreement in place for the Europeans to lead the IMF and the US to lead the World Bank. I highly doubt the republicans will be trooping behind her just to spite the democrats.

CO-SIGN...U broke it down for them!!! Anybody thinking otherwise is a fool!!!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB by babsjnr(m): 2:00pm On Apr 02, 2012
@ martinos she's fit for the job but the problem is discrimination from Western countries. Wait and see
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB by bakila: 4:16pm On Apr 02, 2012
martinosi:

U ARE A FOOL!!! KEEP ON DREAMING...As an Economist, Ex-Military Personnel and Educator i can
confidently say you are a fool and should go back to sleep.

If you think that the World Bank, IMF etc are set up to benefit third world countries
then you are in a la la land and a fool!!!
Good bless you my brother if not how can nigeria be a debtor. Some of the debts obtained to sweep street and pack refuse
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB by lacasa: 4:34pm On Apr 02, 2012
How does that reduce the price of fuel?? Mtcheeu!!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB by Kolababa: 6:18pm On Apr 02, 2012
Ngozi Okonjo Iweala ia more pro America than Nigeria. She came to Nigeria on a WorldBank/IMF mission to bastardise our economy to boost her profile for the worldbank job.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB by GboyegaD(m): 7:14pm On Apr 02, 2012
Tropilo: She does not need to brake their control. All she has to do is do her job with precision and have the developing countries in mind by helping them improve on their developmental indices. That's all!

While being a minister in Nigeria, what did she do to improve the well being of the economy She is pursuing her own interest and people should stop seeing it as a national interest.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB by emsquare(m): 7:31pm On Apr 02, 2012
OAM4J: . . . and she might just get it. I wish her the best of luck.

Yep
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB by linearity: 7:38pm On Apr 02, 2012
HNosegbe: One thing the columnists seem to forget is that the US can and will, as always, call upon the support of their main allies (the EU and Japan). Together, they make up 54% of the total voting power, which makes any US-nominated candidate the odds-on favourite.

Until there is a fundamental shift in the voting power of the Bretton Woods institutions, I don't see the US losing the headship of the World Bank, nor Western Europe the IMF.

Your post is spot-on except for the last part...where I think you were dreaming and drifted from reality.

The Countries you mentioned that have 54% voting block contributes more than 70% of the funds that goes into the World Bank and the Countries with the 1% voting block are actually made up major debtors (Countries using the funds contributed by the former). And you somehow hope that, the voting system might change in the future to favor the debtors?

Any person here will agree that, if they contribute the lion share to a project; they also want at least their representation on the board directing that project to be at par with each stakeholder's contribution. Here the Americans/EU/Japan did Nigeria and lot of Africa Countries some favor by even giving them a voting block....If the voting is made according to each country's 'credit minus debts' on the world bank balance sheet...Nigeria will have a negative voting block and Nigeria's vote will be read as a vote for the other side.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB by echobee(f): 7:59pm On Apr 02, 2012
cant beat that record
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB by Kobojunkie: 8:17pm On Apr 02, 2012
linearity:

Your post is spot-on except for the last part...where I think you were dreaming and drifted from reality.

[size=13pt]The Countries you mentioned that have 54% voting block contributes more than 70% of the funds that goes into the World Bank and the Countries with the 1% voting block are actually made up major debtors (Countries using the funds contributed by the former). And you somehow hope that, the voting system might change in the future to favor the debtors?[/size]

[size=14pt]Any person here will agree that, if they contribute the lion share to a project; they also want at least their representation on the board directing that project to be at par with each stakeholder's contribution.[/size] Here the Americans/EU/Japan did Nigeria and lot of Africa Countries some favor by even giving them a voting block....If the voting is made according to each country's 'credit minus debts' on the world bank balance sheet...Nigeria will have a negative voting block and Nigeria's vote will be read as a vote for the other side.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB by member479760: 8:58pm On Apr 02, 2012
A contract worker can't go beyond the terms of the contract,how are you going to dictate to those paying you salary? na wa for naija people thinking o!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB by ak47mann(m): 9:01pm On Apr 02, 2012
powerful woman iwela you are our light............
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB by thoth: 10:25am On Apr 03, 2012
I want to ask a very simple question. Are we Africans really stupid or do we actually enjoy and take pride in our sufferings ?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB by olumidazz: 11:56am On Apr 03, 2012
Nigerians, bunch of fools indoctrinated by slave mentality, we are all used to she is from my town, my village and my hamlet syndrome in order to commence the lobby lobby and bread crumb left over activity.. Look around you and see the damage her agency has done to all of u. If u think she has your interest at heart then wait until the time will come when the well educated, middle class nigerian will be hanging at market entrances and kerbs of major roads begging for alms with their plates like the almajeris. I am more irritated at the rotten post of some villagers here supporting her candidacy on career grounds when the lives of millions of people will be affected due to unfavourable economic and financial policies scripted by her overlords. Rubbish.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB by martinosi: 1:09pm On Apr 03, 2012
babsjnr: @ martinos she's fit for the job but the problem is discrimination from Western countries. Wait and see

babsjnr[b] Nigerians are the Most Intelligent Black Africans on the face of the Planet[/b] and
Nigerians are only equal in Intellignce to the Ibos, Yurobas, Ijaws, Nsoko's, Tiv's, Ashantis etc
that left west africa 400yrs ago as slaves that now have decendants who are our cousins
called African - Americans. Why do we Black Africans and especially nigerians like to deceive
themself when we ARE MORE SMART AND INTELLIGENT TO BE BAMBOZZLED!!!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB by martinosi: 1:10pm On Apr 03, 2012
olumidazz: Nigerians, bunch of fools indoctrinated by slave mentality, we are all used to she is from my town, my village and my hamlet syndrome in order to commence the lobby lobby and bread crumb left over activity.. Look around you and see the damage her agency has done to all of u. If u think she has your interest at heart then wait until the time will come when the well educated, middle class nigerian will be hanging at market entrances and kerbs of major roads begging for alms with their plates like the almajeris. I am more irritated at the rotten post of some villagers here supporting her candidacy on career grounds when the lives of millions of people will be affected due to unfavourable economic and financial policies scripted by her overlords. Rubbish.

olumidazz my Brother Nigerians are Very Intelligent!!! but they are mis-using their Knowledge PERIOD!!!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB by zee162yahooco: 1:27pm On Apr 03, 2012
So much has been written, said and analyzed on Ngozi's candidacy and what it means for the international community, but it seems there has been little emphasis on what ordinary Nigerians really feel about this issue. So how do you feel about Ngozi's candidacy? Do you feel her expertise is more needed in Nigeria? Do you feel like she is jumping ship and "abandoning" Nigeria at this critical period in the nation's history? Or do you feel the World Bank would be better off headed by an experienced and qualified African woman? Please express yourself by completing this short questionnaire here: http://svy.mk/GW4nDU
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB by smoothlips(m): 2:08pm On Apr 03, 2012
No she can not break America's hold on world bank
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB by ogolope: 10:06am On Apr 04, 2012
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB by cap28: 11:39am On Apr 04, 2012
thoth: I want to ask a very simple question. Are we Africans really stupid or do we actually enjoy and take pride in our sufferings ?

i think both apply thoth, the majority of africans are not clued up about how the world works and then you have others who think its a noble thing to wallow in poverty and suffering.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB by Kobojunkie: 12:44pm On Apr 04, 2012
martinosi:

olumidazz my Brother Nigerians are Very Intelligent!!! but they are mis-using their Knowledge PERIOD!!!

Are you even sure that is the case? undecided undecided

in·tel·li·gent   [in-tel-i-juhnt] Show IPA
adjective
1. having good understanding or a high mental capacity; quick to comprehend, as persons or animals: an intelligent student.
2.displaying or characterized by quickness of understanding, sound thought, or good judgment: an intelligent reply.
3. having the faculty of reasoning and understanding; possessing intelligence: intelligent beings in outer space.
4.Computers . pertaining to the ability to do data processing locally; smart: An intelligent terminal can edit input before transmission to a host computer. Compare dumb ( def. 8 ) .
5.Archaic . having understanding or knowledge (usually followed by of ).

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/intelligent

Intelligence connotes one uses one's knowledge to one's advantage or the advantage of others. If you claim Nigerians are "intelligent" but are mis-using their knowledge, is there then a contradiction in your statement somewhere?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB by Kolababa: 2:44pm On Apr 04, 2012
I always laugh at Nigerians whenever to contribute to issues. Although Ngozi Okonjo Iweala is much more qualified, but if the selection is by voting , are we really sure if we will get 100% of African votes.
Well, time will tell.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB by armyofone(m): 4:33pm On Apr 04, 2012
if only horses could develop feathers and fly. The lady who could break USA control of the WB huh! grin.
is it not America, the master dribbler grin. she should focus on helping CBN now.

May she dream on though "it is good to dream, some are stillborn others are aborted"
"The stillborn"
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB by solomon111(m): 6:27pm On Apr 04, 2012
armyofone: if only horses could develop feathers and fly. The lady who could break USA control of the WB huh! grin.
is it not America, the master dribbler grin. she should focus on helping CBN now.

May she dream on though "it is good to dream, some are stillborn others are aborted"
"The stillborn"

If she cant get there,then no african woman will ever head an institution as big as that again.
That means someone like you(if you are african) will never head an institution as big as the WB.
PS:I didnt said so,you did!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB by Seun(m): 11:43am On Apr 05, 2012
solomon111: If she cant get there,then no african woman will ever head an institution as big as that again.
Are you saying that no African woman can be as good as Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala ever again? I seriously doubt that.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala – The Woman Who Could Break America’s Control Of The WB by NegroNtns(m): 12:09pm On Apr 08, 2012
hahahaha. . . . this topic is funny!!

. . . that's like saying appointing NOI to be President of BP so she can break British control of the oil company.

miseducation of black Africans!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Odili Bridge Collapses In Port Harcourt / Osun PDP Primary: Table Your Grievances Before Appeal Committee ―S/W PDP / Food Prices, Transport Costs Worst Hit As Inflation Soars To 25.80% In Aug 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.