Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,363 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Delta Cp Orders Police To Commence Patrol Of Highways...my Men Must Work - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta Cp Orders Police To Commence Patrol Of Highways...my Men Must Work (587 Views)

President Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Local Govts / I Killed Army Officers, Free My Men And I Will Bring Back Your Girls: Shekau. / CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Delta Cp Orders Police To Commence Patrol Of Highways...my Men Must Work by ijigbamigb(m): 3:42am On Mar 31, 2012
THE new Commissioner of Police, Delta State, Mr. Ikechukwu Ayodele Aduba, yesterday ordered his officers and men to return and start patrol of highways, noting that the ban on the checkpoints by the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Abubakar, was misconstrued by them.

Aduba, who gave this directive while reacting to the increasing spate of kidnappings and robberies on the major highways in the state, said patrol was necessary in order to curtail the menace which was making a nuisance of the security measures already put in place by the police.

While speaking with journalists during his tour of the Warri Area Command, the Commissioner of Police said he was shock that through his journey from Asaba to Ughelli and Warri in the past two days that there was no sign of policemen on the highway.

“The IG was clear on the ban on checkpoints, but he did not say there should be no police posts. He did not say there should be no stop and search. What is expected of you is that if there is any need, you stop and search one, two or three vehicles and allow others to go their way.

“What the I-G said is there should not be total blockade of the roads as witnessed in the recent past. You should mount occasional stop and search, if the need arises but move away after that. I am not happy that I did not see my men on the road all through my journey to Warri”, he said.

SOURCE: http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/41546-delta-cp-orders-police-to-commence-patrol-of-highways.html
Re: Delta Cp Orders Police To Commence Patrol Of Highways...my Men Must Work by austinsmat(m): 6:00am On Mar 31, 2012
this man is not happy that on his time there is no return share for him
Re: Delta Cp Orders Police To Commence Patrol Of Highways...my Men Must Work by 13volts(m): 7:41am On Mar 31, 2012
trust okoro man will do for money. having served in jos and bauchi as cp only to be posted to delta and now no road block.

(1) (Reply)

"Shun Hopelessness", Jonathan Tells Nigerians / President Jonathan Signs Parliament's 2012 Budget Today. / Gunmen Kill Two In Nigeria After Boko Haram Football Warning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.