Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,122 members, 7,811,158 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

Who Determines Easter Dates Every Year?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Determines Easter Dates Every Year?? (796 Views)

Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) / Who Determines The Marriage Age Limit. Dr. Ahmad Abubakar Mahmud Gumi. / To The Theists, Who Determines/control Destiny, Man Or God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Determines Easter Dates Every Year?? by chookudi(m): 11:48am On Mar 31, 2012
This question has been on my mind for a while and I have decided to post it here for answers..who determines d particular date(s) every year for Easter Celebration?muslims celebrate their events based on the sightings of the moon but hw do all christians around the world "agree" on a particular date to celebrate Easter?
Re: Who Determines Easter Dates Every Year?? by Kslib(m): 2:08pm On Mar 31, 2012
The pope i guess......
Re: Who Determines Easter Dates Every Year?? by PastorAIO: 11:08am On Apr 01, 2012
chookudi: This question has been on my mind for a while and I have decided to post it here for answers..who determines d particular date(s) every year for Easter Celebration?muslims celebrate their events based on the sightings of the moon but hw do all christians around the world "agree" on a particular date to celebrate Easter?

Are you a muslim? I know some muslims have been attacked here for having a moon God or for the moon featuring too heavily in Islam. Well it does so too in christianity and judaism. the Jewish Calendar is a Lunar calendar unlike the Solar Gregorian calendar that the Roman's instituted. So festivals do not necessarily fall on certain positions of the Sun, but rather on the Moon.

on the 21 March we have the Equinox. That is the day when day and night are of equal length in the year. ie. the Sun is directly above the equator.

The first full moon after this date will mark the time of Easter.

However easter must fall on a sunday, so we pick the first sunday after the first Full moon that comes after the Spring Equinox.

(1) (Reply)

Adeboye's Authority Is Weaning. He Is To Be Ousted! / Recommended Reading List On Philosophy And Religion / Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Saturday 9 February 2013 He Reveals Secrets By Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.