Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,493 members, 7,830,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

It Is Evident That Egbas Are In Charge In Yorubaland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Evident That Egbas Are In Charge In Yorubaland (1262 Views)

Tinubu Is A Pillar, Leader In Yorubaland - Fayose / Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland / We Cannot Continue To Be Slaves In Yorubaland - Olu Falae Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Evident That Egbas Are In Charge In Yorubaland by FSU: 10:06am On Nov 02, 2007
It is evident that Egbas are in charge in Yorubaland. Just name some big Yoruba name and he is likely an Egba. What's up with other Yorubas, anyways?

1 Like

Re: It Is Evident That Egbas Are In Charge In Yorubaland by Germannig: 10:28am On Nov 02, 2007
Your assertion seems to be correct to a large extent, but Awo, the greatest Yoruba man ever was not an Egba

Even Adedibu  grin is not Egba

Instead, it may be more correct to say Ogun state people are in charge in Yoruba land

1 Like

Re: It Is Evident That Egbas Are In Charge In Yorubaland by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 02, 2007
@FSU,

To go a little further in your assertion, BBHS old boys are in charge in egbaland, nay yorubaland!!!!

NULLI SECONDUS!!!!!  we are reigning everywhere you go.
Re: It Is Evident That Egbas Are In Charge In Yorubaland by presido1: 9:27pm On Nov 03, 2007
who are egbas and non-egbas again. Nothing i no go hear for this nigeria.
Re: It Is Evident That Egbas Are In Charge In Yorubaland by vigasimple(m): 9:48pm On Nov 03, 2007
I hope that this is a mere coincidence as oppossed to a 'ethinc co-op'.

On the choice of the New speaker i think he may be a good guy but I think the speaker seat should still have gone to OSUN or EKiTI, ONDO rather than OGun state again, or Lagos or Oyo.

There are more competent people in other parts of the South West than Ogun state. However I am one person that do like competence over zoining/quota but since it is how the system is organised now I think that should be taking into the logical conclusion.

On a positive note, the new speaker don't seems to have 'political experience' and young well educated  and may just kickstart our agigation for young and new breed of politicians to take our country to a new level.

I hope the Egba's will becareful not to abrogate things that is meant for the South West to themselves only because it may spark resentment against them.

Long live Nigeria.
Re: It Is Evident That Egbas Are In Charge In Yorubaland by olawale03(m): 11:59pm On Nov 03, 2007
dis is not d case of egbas,it is all yorubas if not all den who are egbas.a beg united we achieve,separate we fail.kaaaro ojire we are one
Re: It Is Evident That Egbas Are In Charge In Yorubaland by doyin13(m): 1:23am On Nov 04, 2007
@topic

Una go fear na grin
Re: It Is Evident That Egbas Are In Charge In Yorubaland by olanajim(m): 8:13am On Nov 04, 2007
I have equally wonder about this too. But I must point out it is not Egba but Ogun state. When taken in that context, I just wonder why Ekiti that has highest number of intellectuals can't match Egbas. Oyo state leaders are reknown for political rascality and fighting wrong cause. Akintola, Adedibu lead the pack. Lagos state had lost her identity. Little wonder she is not part of odua investment. We read they would be integrated soon. Lagos leaders don't know how to compromise and create winning formula. Their achievements had always been motivated by none lagosian. They helped developed Area Boy syndrome and has no distinct ideology. We know Bode George, Obanikoro are typical examples. That is why they lost lagos.

As for Ondo, I wonder what they are up to. They are still growing in spite of being oil producing state. Kwara had lost her root. They are in wilderness. Their leaders had been blind folded. I wonder why Olusola, Omoniyi, Bukola etc would keep claiming they are hausas! Who says there is no muslim in Lagos, Ogun etc. Or that Hausa christains must change their tribal affliation. As for Osun state, they are still searching for their identity. Their best chance had just been condemned to history. Thanks to Etteh!

Ogun people are not the most intelligent, but they have winning mentality and know when to take control. They are opportunists and had been riding over others in National honour as a result of that quality. They don't ask for power, at least not in open. They let other states kill, rubbish and subdue themselves by greeds. In the end, motherluck tilt to their side and consequently, Ogun reaps the fruit of their greedy neighbours.

1 Like

Re: It Is Evident That Egbas Are In Charge In Yorubaland by Bankole01(m): 2:28pm On Nov 04, 2007
I think I am missing something or some people are just not thinking right!

What is this rubbish about one Yoruba man being better than the other!
This sub-cultural nationalization is the bane of Nigeria, It is easy to divide ourselves along ethnic and language divides.
The inane Yoruba better than Hausa, than Igbo or Kanuri nonsense. Now we are jumping on the bandwagon to discriminate among brothers!

This is the reason Nigeria's greedy klepto-rulers have been able to get away with the divide and conquer form of government- which has produced nothing but a backward nation.
With all our wealth and education, we have not been able to achive any meaning progress nor made any sense out of our polity.
Nigeria, has contributed immensly to the population of billioneers, while our general public at large wallow in abject poverty. Nigeria, in spite of al our boastings, is relegated to a mere third world nation with a population of corrupt minded criminals. (at least, this is what the world believe we are)

I will like to believe these are mere young men (with misplaced sense of pride) talking on this thread. But wither goes the mouth, so does ones thinking!
There is nothing glorious or fantastic in labeling oneself and denigrating the other. We need to espouse mediocre thinking, wake up and grow up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: It Is Evident That Egbas Are In Charge In Yorubaland by folahann(m): 5:20pm On Nov 04, 2007
A time, let's see Africa as one; NO, we are Nigerians they are camerounians
Later, let's see Nigeria as one; NO, we are Yoruba they are Igbo
Now, let see Yoruba as one; NO, we are Egba they are . . . . . .?
the story conntinues
Re: It Is Evident That Egbas Are In Charge In Yorubaland by vigasimple(m): 5:50pm On Nov 04, 2007
Sometimes the truth is bitter.

If we have say 5,6,7 south western states and we all admitt that at least Ekiti state is the most educated from those state

And you want us to believe that leadership just come from a particular state and a particular Town/City by accident. Only a fool we think like that.

Shine your eyes, most of the Transporters, the Luxurious Buses from the East come from Anambra State and NNewi in particular. It is a cartel nothing less. Remember the Kaduna Mafia, they are reportedly come from Arewa college.

I am convinced that these are no mere coincidence and it is a deliberate ploy even though I am a happy that the new speaker is a young man but the truth must be told.

This is where the Zoining things work well otherwise we would simply have set of group of people in leadeship everytime and eventually the ' ethinic cleansing' (GOD Forbid) kind of thing is quite possible. We have seen it in RWANDA, Former YUGOSLAVIA.IRAQ and RUSSIAN federation. Others would feel marginalised and rightly so.

We lawyers use the word let justice be done and to be seen to have been done.

The facts as it stands, Succesive leadership for a particular zone comes from Egbaland and in facts ( a school call BBHS). That is pure greed.

Please tell us whether or not there is nothing fishy. Like I said i think we let this pass this time but I hope the next choice of anything for the South West does not remotely connected with Ogun state, Egbas or BBHS otherwise then trouble will brew.
Re: It Is Evident That Egbas Are In Charge In Yorubaland by folahann(m): 6:04pm On Nov 04, 2007
Hmm! I no fit shout
Re: It Is Evident That Egbas Are In Charge In Yorubaland by Spazolas: 2:38am On Mar 11, 2019
FSU:
It is evident that Egbas are in charge in Yorubaland. Just name some big Yoruba name and he is likely an Egba. What's up with other Yorubas, anyways?

... and how is that your concern? How does that affect your livelihood? You Igbos behave like animals at times. Is Otedola Egba, is Bode Akindele Egba, is K Lawal Egba? Is Mike Adenuga Egba? I can go on and on .

You Igbos should learn to stop causing mischief everywhere, our tolerance isn’t stupidity. You have started claiming Egbas are Igbos now this nonsense .

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Police Forces Teenager To Abort 7 Months Old Pregnancy : At Gunpoints / Juju Ritual Politics: Shocking Revelations From Abia State / Obama Swats Fly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.