Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,739 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

What Does It Take For One To Become A Successful Entrepreneur? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Does It Take For One To Become A Successful Entrepreneur? (866 Views)

Becoming A Successful Entrepreneur (the Eye-opener) / 10 Must Have Books For A Successful Entrepreneur's Bookshelf / Setting Up a Cyber-cafe: What Does It Take? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Take For One To Become A Successful Entrepreneur? by sample042(m): 1:49pm On Apr 02, 2012
In a nation like ours (NIGERIA) having less vacancies for its everyday teeming youths i think it will b nice if d business gurus in dis forum can gv us details on how to build up a strong entrepreneurship foundation/skills.
Experts pls hlp out.
Re: What Does It Take For One To Become A Successful Entrepreneur? by Ejiogbe(m): 3:46pm On Apr 03, 2012
@sample042,
Thanks for starting a topic that would benefit many people.I believe that to build up strong entrepreneurship foundation/skills, you need first to believe in yourself.You need to believe that God has truly deposited in you great talents that could be tapped to take you to any height you desire in life.

Secondly, you need to learn from those who have trodden the path you now aspire to tread.You should be ready to learn these entrepreneurship skills.These skills include those of perseverance (i.e stick-to-it skills),financing skills, research skills, production skills, marketing and selling skills,communication skills and a host of others.Unfortunately, few of these skills are taught in our schools today.So, even after graduating from the university,you need to empower yourself by reading wide, reading entrepreneurship materials, attending free and paid business seminars,listening to motivational or inspirational tapes, searching for places where these skills are being imparted,joining forums like nairaland and a host of others where you freely pick up ideas like those being discussed now.

In addition, you need to put into practice ideas you have gathered along the way and to pray to God.
You NEED NOT look for any get-rich schemes.You need to be careful so that negative environment and negative people around you do not influence you negatively.

Developing entrepreneurship skills is not a day's job. It is an on-going process.Even the Dangotes and Bill Gates of this world are still learning.We all keep learning till death do us part.

GOODLUCK.
www.entrepreneurialjunction..com
Re: What Does It Take For One To Become A Successful Entrepreneur? by sample042(m): 10:53pm On Apr 03, 2012
@ejigbo tanx in a million, u r d only 1 dt has cntribtd so far bt i mst tel u, its more than a hundred cntribtns. Tanx

nairaldrs pls throw more lit on ds i'l immensely appreciate.
Re: What Does It Take For One To Become A Successful Entrepreneur? by MrMurdah: 11:51pm On Apr 03, 2012
Doggedness.

Persistence.

Focus.

Hard Work.

Creativity.

Spirituality.
Re: What Does It Take For One To Become A Successful Entrepreneur? by tck2000(m): 1:21pm On Jun 01, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Spend 700 Billion Naira On Mobile Phone Anually. / Exchange Your Alertpay Dollars To Liberty Reserve Dollars And Vice Versa HERE... / Investing In Nigeria: The Best Kept Secret In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.