Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Jamb Is Exploiting Candidates Unnecessarily - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jamb Is Exploiting Candidates Unnecessarily (1393 Views)

2009/2010 Jamb Is Out! / Registration For University Of Ilorin Post Jamb Is Out / Lasu Post-jamb Is Out. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jamb Is Exploiting Candidates Unnecessarily by 4good(m): 8:36pm On Apr 02, 2012
We tried to check a JambUTME candidate result on Saturday 01/04/2012 but the Jamb server kept on saying "no result yet". So we had to keep on checking the result, say, twice a day since then. Today, the poor girl came to recheck the result and we tried as usual to see if Jamb has released it. But To my surprise, the Jamb server started telling us that "You Have Exceeded Maximum Number of Checks. Please purchase e-Facility Card to Print Your Result Slip"

My questions are:
1) Is Jamb not taking us all for a ride - as if we are all foolish and Jamb is the only one that uses ICT in its activities
2)What sense is Jamb making out of this illiterate means of making money from Nigerian candidates
2) Is Jamb being a monopoly an avenue to exploit the poor masses who struggled to raise money to even buy Jamb form
3) Jamb result checking has never been limited to a particular number of time before now
4) Please if any I need I.T Gurus on Nairaland to provide a justification for this new development
5) I think the National Assembly need to intervene in the way Jamb and other Institutions charge students exhorbitantly in the name of scratch card or E-facility or whatever name they call it

I just posted this out of sheer concern.
Re: Jamb Is Exploiting Candidates Unnecessarily by brainchild78(m): 9:06pm On Apr 02, 2012
this is jus another instance of the Nigerian departmental. Truely sad in deed. & the worse thing is that there is no reliable customer service to help resolve the matter.
Re: Jamb Is Exploiting Candidates Unnecessarily by CarlosVent(m): 9:21pm On Apr 02, 2012
Jamb to me is a failed Body which the Federal Govt uses to extort money from poor students.
Universities saw they are making so much money and they added their Post Ume which is supposed to be the main thing and most important more than Jamb.

Jamb sucks and needs to be brought to book.
Re: Jamb Is Exploiting Candidates Unnecessarily by drehdinho(m): 5:39am On Apr 03, 2012
[color=#990000][/color] Thesame thing that you said happened to that sister ,occurred to my brother.Nairalanders, help us pls.
Re: Jamb Is Exploiting Candidates Unnecessarily by Jesa(m): 5:59pm On Apr 03, 2012
[color=#990000][/color] pls how much does d jamb e-facility card costs is it more than 500 naira..

(1) (Reply)

JAMB UTME 2013 / 2014 Admission (official Thread) / The Polytechnic Ibadan, Continuing Education Centre / Kindly Help Me, Am Highly Confused.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.