Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,989 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

The State Of Nairaland - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The State Of Nairaland (827 Views)

See The State Of PHCN Pole In Ojodu, Lagos (Photos) / State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) / Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The State Of Nairaland by DualCore1: 6:42pm On Apr 04, 2012
A friend just ask me now "Is Nairaland Still As Fascinating As It Was When It First Started?".
My reply included: "if it was a company it would be filing for bankruptcy or acquisition".

So, I have seen a couple of threads where Nairaland is being compared to Facebook.
There are some similarities; Both sites were started as pet projects. . . only that one owner knew when to let the pet out of the cage.
Both projects were started with the aim of bringing people together.
Both projects were started up by young guys. . . one turned a billionaire, the other a Google "adsensaire" (for lack of a better word).
Both projects may have started up vision-less. . . only that one owner had far-sight and created a vision.

Facebook is already talking stocks, Nairaland... tribal locks.

If there is FBML I don't see why there shouldn't have been NLML by now. cool

Its clear this great forum has lost great value and I really don't see light at the end of the NairaTunnel if things continue the way they are.

Let's give this guy some clues. He needs help but may not be able to ask...we understand the ego.

So Nairalanders, if you owned the Nairaland forum: What would you have done with it when it still had more value? Then, now its in the mud what would you do to bring it out?

Ideas, people... let's light our NairaBulbs

No bashing the Admin or anyone please. Just ideas.

Considering the rubbish that makes the homepage sometimes, one would Naturally think this would make the homepage but I won't put my money on that thought.

1 Like

Re: The State Of Nairaland by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 04, 2012
adsensaire - santa maria! Well, i have nothing to say. . . . .at nothing new that i havent said before. ding
Re: The State Of Nairaland by Seun(m): 11:12pm On Apr 04, 2012
I'm currently trying to find a very good Python web programmer. Do you have any "ideas" about how to get this?

2 Likes

Re: The State Of Nairaland by Fayimora(m): 11:21pm On Apr 04, 2012
@Seun you might want to add python before programmer. I am sure you are in search of a Python programmer! Why not open source nairaland?
Re: The State Of Nairaland by tpia5: 2:51am On Apr 05, 2012
just leave the guy to his issues.

nl is obviously a reflection of seun and his associates.

the site is exactly the way he wants it to be.

bad idea when some nigerians are given a monopoly of some things. Not every personality is suited for such.

a lot of stuff is starting to make sense to me now.
Re: The State Of Nairaland by hunter121: 9:00am On Apr 05, 2012
I agree with the author's point of view! I learned a lot. Thank you!

Re: The State Of Nairaland by Seun(m): 9:23am On Apr 05, 2012
As I said, I'm open to any "ideas" about how to get a Python programmer. If you feel the site is ugly, I'm also open to "ideas" about which web designer I should hire to make the site look better. I don't have a vision problem, but I probably have an execution problem. I need "ideas" about how to bring my plans to reality. If your "ideas" are too expensive, then I will need cost-saving "ideas" too.
Re: The State Of Nairaland by afrobaby(f): 10:06am On Apr 05, 2012
The owner of the site says he is open to ideas, no business oriented person would want to see his/her business collapse, please, f we actually have programmers, I mean good programmers in the house, please lend him ideas
Re: The State Of Nairaland by yamakuza: 10:41am On Apr 05, 2012
Seun: As I said, I'm open to any "ideas" about how to get a Python programmer.

since you insist on Python thereby reducing the poolsize, it will be nice if "we" can at least know how many Pythonistas are in the house, and what it will take them to join you.

From recent events, it appears that money alone is not much of a motivation.

A thread can be dedicated to discussing with the current and aspiring Pythonistas on what truly motivates them.

If you feel the site is ugly, I'm also open to "ideas" about which web designer I should hire to make the site look better.

1. A theme design contest
2. A theme gallery
3. Ability to switch/choose themes

I don't have a vision problem,

hmmn, is it possible to have the vision/mision statement of NL tucked somewhere on the site?

but I probably have an execution problem. I need "ideas" about how to bring my plans to reality.

to get these ideas, you might need to spill the beans first

If your "ideas" are too expensive, then I will need cost-saving "ideas" too.

is this an RFP?
Re: The State Of Nairaland by Seun(m): 10:50am On Apr 05, 2012
afrobaby: The owner of the site says he is open to ideas, no business oriented person would want to see his/her business collapse, please, if we actually have programmers, I mean good programmers in the house, please lend him ideas
I appreciate your concern but I assure you that if my business was in trouble, I would be the first to raise the alarm.
Re: The State Of Nairaland by wmaster: 12:35am On Apr 06, 2012
Seun, this is a short response from your 'collegue' at ghanaweb.com.

Contact me. I have an idea to upgrade nairaland.

(1) (Reply)

MTN Apologises But Yet To Refund Air Time. / Solution To Nigeria's Problems??? / TOP 10 Sites On The Web - Check The List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.