Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,429 members, 7,958,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:52 AM

. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (1131 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Obiagu1(m): 6:22am On Apr 05, 2012
Re: . by Nobody: 6:24am On Apr 05, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Coward!!!!
Re: . by Nobody: 6:33am On Apr 05, 2012
“On 6th August, 1861, the small Yoruba Kingdom of Lagos was ceded to Britain by its ruler, Dosunmu (wrongly spelt and called, Docemo). Though Britain had been active in Lagos for at least fifteen years beforehand, as well as in many other parts of the Coast, this was the first time they occupied land in what is now the Federation of Nigeria. Today, one hundred years later, Lagos is the capital of the largest independent nation in Africa. From these small beginnings in 1861, Lagos has developed into an international commerce centre, with a vast port and a population of over 350,000 people. This special centenary supplement is an attempt to present some of the factors that led to the occupation of Lagos, its subsequent growth as a commercial and political capital culminating in the achievement of Independence on 1st October, 1960, when Lagos, as capital of the Federation, was the focus of the nation’s celebrations.”

^^^^^Check the bolded part, Igbos didn't exist as a tribe at this point in history - and there was NO SINGLE Igbo in Lagos in 1861 when Lagos was an international commerce centre.
Re: . by Nobody: 6:40am On Apr 05, 2012
Lagos was built by the Yorubas, Afro-Brazilian slaves of Yoruba descent, and slightly by the British. You guys need to stop blowing your invisible trumpets, leave Lagos and Lagos will continue to flourish.

We the real Lagosians built our state - and you guys created the slums. There were no slums in Lagos before you guys started trooping in, in your millions.

The pictures of Lagos before independence are below:

Re: . by Nobody: 6:43am On Apr 05, 2012
Lagos before you guys:

Re: . by Nobody: 6:44am On Apr 05, 2012
Lagos, my home state:

Re: . by Nobody: 6:49am On Apr 05, 2012
I wish I was born when the population of Lagos was less than a million. lipsrsealed tongue

"Eko Ile, Ilu ogbon eko akete. Omo mi ma gbagbe ile ajo ki n dun, ko didere gbagbe ile.

Eko ile!!"

Re: . by Yeske2(m): 7:28am On Apr 05, 2012
shymmex: Lagos was built by the Yorubas, Afro-Brazilian slaves of Yoruba descent, and slightly by the British. You guys need to stop blowing your invisible trumpets, leave Lagos and Lagos will continue to flourish.

We the real Lagosians built our state - and you guys created the slums. There were no slums in Lagos before you guys started trooping in, in your millions.

The pictures of Lagos before independence are below:
I'd prefer the pictures of Lagos before the advent of the white man.

(1) (Reply)

Why I Renamed Unilag To Maulag...gej / In Ondo State, One Good Term Deserves Another / South-west Looking Up To Anambra For Politico-economic Emancipation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.