Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

Does Good Friday Mean Anything To You? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Good Friday Mean Anything To You? (2667 Views)

Good Friday: Is Abstaining From Meat Superstitous Or Biblical? / Good Friday Crucifixion Of Jesus In Nigeria / Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Good Friday Mean Anything To You? by Havilah93(m): 8:43am On Apr 06, 2012
Different people have their different opinions about what today actually means. To me, i think good friday should be a time of sober reflections. To acknowledge the fact that today, man's salvation was secured. What do you think?
Re: Does Good Friday Mean Anything To You? by horladtop(m): 9:11am On Apr 06, 2012
He was despised; He bore our griefs and carried our sorrows. He was wounded for our transgressions. He was bruised for our iniquities. The chastisement of our peace was upon Him and with His stripes we are healed. He was oppresed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not His mouth: He was brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, he opened nt His mouth. JESUS suffered all this because of you and I, make today the real day; call him into ur life and will surely give u eternity and a properous life. Happy Good friday.

3 Likes

Re: Does Good Friday Mean Anything To You? by Myself2(m): 10:17am On Apr 06, 2012
Who's the silly person that captioned/edited the caption of this thread,dont you think a wiser caption should have been "What does Good Friday mean to you"
Re: Does Good Friday Mean Anything To You? by Nobody: 10:36am On Apr 06, 2012
The crucifixion story of Jesus Christ is mythical, based on pagan religions and makes no sense. There is a complete absence of evidence for the events described, no authors mention the phenomenal events that supposedly occurred at the time of Jesus' resurrection and there are no records of Jesus being crucified in the first place. This is despite there being multiple historians of the time who kept extensive records of events in that era especially of unusual events and the misdeeds of rulers.
The only records we have are those written by Christians themselves, the Gospels. And within each of those gospels nearly all details of the crucifixion and resurrection are different. Very important details such as Jesus' last words are so different that it appears they are simply being made up by the authors. The earliest Christians did not know simple details such as where Jesus was buried.
Most the details of Jesus' death and rebirth are similar to the existing myths surrounding god-men in that era. The similarities to the Christs of other pagan religions are shockingly detailed,
in conclusion, the stories of Jesus were simply pagan stories with new names.
Re: Does Good Friday Mean Anything To You? by Jimbaz7(m): 10:56am On Apr 06, 2012
Nothing like "Good Friday" What true christians are told to remember is the date and not the day. Luke 22:19. That is in line with Jewish passover feast which also has a date in Jewish calender. Let me ask IF YOUR FATHER DIES AND YOU WANT TO DO A MEMORIAL FOR HIM, ARE YOU GOING TO BE DOING IT ON THE DAY HE DIED OR IS IT THE DATE? If you answer that question correctly you'd have judged correctly if your worship will be acceptable to God or not.
Re: Does Good Friday Mean Anything To You? by rastamouse: 11:17am On Apr 06, 2012
It means the world to me. What would have become of me if JESUS had not taken that decision to go up the cross?
Re: Does Good Friday Mean Anything To You? by DeCleff(m): 11:57am On Apr 06, 2012
Havilah93: Different people have their different opinions about what today actually means. To me, i think good friday should be a time of sober reflections. To acknowledge the fact that today, man's salvation was secured. What do you think?
Yes, that was when my sins were nailed to the cross.
Re: Does Good Friday Mean Anything To You? by yemclef(m): 12:50pm On Apr 06, 2012
stupid question indeed
Re: Does Good Friday Mean Anything To You? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 06, 2012
@jimbaz7. U v said it all. 2nded. Good friday is nt a bible teaching and it makes a lot of sense to remember d date and nt the day. Wondering y those that celebrates their BD's celebrates the date and nt stick on d very 1st day (e.g tuesday) of d date their birth felled upon ab initio. What counts for me is the event and what it signifies and nt a tagd day as its d practice for decades.
Re: Does Good Friday Mean Anything To You? by emsquare(m): 1:43pm On Apr 06, 2012
991: The crucifixion story of Jesus Christ is mythical, based on pagan religions and makes no sense. There is a complete absence of evidence for the events described, no authors mention the phenomenal events that supposedly occurred at the time of Jesus' resurrection and there are no records of Jesus being crucified in the first place. This is despite there being multiple historians of the time who kept extensive records of events in that era especially of unusual events and the misdeeds of rulers.
The only records we have are those written by Christians themselves, the Gospels. And within each of those gospels nearly all details of the crucifixion and resurrection are different. Very important details such as Jesus' last words are so different that it appears they are simply being made up by the authors. The earliest Christians did not know simple details such as where Jesus was buried.
Most the details of Jesus' death and rebirth are similar to the existing myths surrounding god-men in that era. The similarities to the Christs of other pagan religions are shockingly detailed,
in conclusion, the stories of Jesus were simply pagan stories with new names.

Well said!
Re: Does Good Friday Mean Anything To You? by MissyB3(f): 2:17pm On Apr 06, 2012
horladtop: He was despised;
He bore our griefs and carried our sorrows.
He was wounded for our transgressions.
He was bruised for our iniquities.
The chastisement of our peace was upon Him
and with His stripes we are healed.
He was oppresed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not His mouth: He was brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, he opened nt His mouth. JESUS suffered all this because of you and I, make today the real day; call him into ur life and will surely give u eternity and a properous life. Happy Good friday.
Re: Does Good Friday Mean Anything To You? by joanana(f): 3:35pm On Apr 06, 2012
A day of morning cry cry how he died for my sins and the sins of all men. For all ve sin and ve come sho :ort of thr glory of God.
Re: Does Good Friday Mean Anything To You? by buzugee(m): 3:39pm On Apr 06, 2012
no
Re: Does Good Friday Mean Anything To You? by dengser: 4:54pm On Apr 06, 2012
Yes, that was when my sins were nailed to the cross.[img]http://www.filii.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Does Good Friday Mean Anything To You? by peachy8k3(f): 7:48pm On Apr 06, 2012
yes
Re: Does Good Friday Mean Anything To You? by peachy8k3(f): 7:55pm On Apr 06, 2012
HE HAS PAID MY PRICE AND SAID IT IS FINISH.THANKS B 2 GOD.
Re: Does Good Friday Mean Anything To You? by lepasharon(f): 8:15pm On Apr 06, 2012
GOOD FRIDAY DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING TO ME,COS CHRIST WASNT CRUCIFIED ON THAT DAY,FROM FRIDAY TO SUNDAY DOESNT GIVE YOU THREE DAYS AND THREE NIGHTS!
OPEN YOUR EYES!
ITS ALL PAGANISM,THE SAME WITH CHRISTMAS.
Re: Does Good Friday Mean Anything To You? by buzugee(m): 8:30pm On Apr 06, 2012
lepasharon: GOOD FRIDAY DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING TO ME,COS CHRIST WASNT CRUCIFIED ON THAT DAY,FROM FRIDAY TO SUNDAY DOESNT GIVE YOU THREE DAYS AND THREE NIGHTS!
OPEN YOUR EYES!
ITS ALL PAGANISM,THE SAME WITH CHRISTMAS.
lepasharon:
so i take it you will be eating orishirishi meat today huh ? grin
Re: Does Good Friday Mean Anything To You? by dj5naira(m): 4:10pm On Apr 09, 2012
Good friday does not mean anything! : ) It actually means something which is the day Jesus Christ died on the cross.

(1) (Reply)

The Bible Is The Word Of God / Christians Protest In Wukari Taraba State. / Generational Curse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.