Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,057 members, 7,863,748 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:37 AM

What Does The Qu'ran Say For Itself And Its Wonder? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Does The Qu'ran Say For Itself And Its Wonder? (2860 Views)

Between The Bible And Qu'ran... / Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas / Juz' Amma(the Last Chapters Of The Holy Qu'ran Listen with English Translation) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Qu'ran Say For Itself And Its Wonder? by mkmyers45(m): 5:26pm On Apr 06, 2012
vedaxcool: There really isn't such thing as an AVQ, Uthman r.a did not compile the Qur'an as such but actually standardized the texts of the Qur'an. A copy of the Qur'an existed long b4 the reign of Uthman r.a started. Why did he standardize the text of Qur'an? Well during his reign reports came to him that people in certain parts of the Islamic empire had been reciting the Qur'an differently, hence this was due mainly to the differences in the dialect of the arabs hence this difference led to different recitation, hence Uthman r.a started the process of standardization of the Holy book, this mere involved the addition of vowels symbols to the Qur'an, by vowels I refer to those floating symbols you see when reading the Qur'an, facts are that there was already an Original COPY of the Qur'an and there were numerous individuals that already have memorized the Qur'an. The addition of those vowels can be seen like this imagine u were to read this ' I lk lk a flffy pllw' there could be numerous interpretation of the above but persons well versed in english will interpret it as follows, I look like a fluffy Pillow. Hence the addition of those symbols made clear what those verses mean to a non quraysh reciter of the Qur'an, as the Qur'an was in actual fact revealed in the quraysh dialect. Hence Uthman did not make any AVQ he merely standardize the holy book of Allah, the greatest of revelation; the Qur'an. Hope this clarifies you confusion.
So he made a standard unaldultrated text based on which text? The AVQ was there? Based on which facts? Is his standaradized text in use today?
Re: What Does The Qu'ran Say For Itself And Its Wonder? by vedaxcool(m): 5:47pm On Apr 06, 2012
mkmyers45: So he made a standard unaldultrated text based on which text? The AVQ was there? Based on which facts? Is his standaradized text in use today?
Based on the text that was compiled during the reign of Abubakr. AVQ was there? Based on historical reports that are available to all. The standardized text is the only text we use till date!
Re: What Does The Qu'ran Say For Itself And Its Wonder? by LagosShia: 6:29pm On Apr 06, 2012
mkmyers45: So he made a standard unaldultrated text based on which text? The AVQ was there? Based on which facts? Is his standaradized text in use today?

lol,you should change your name to "Mr. AVQ".
Re: What Does The Qu'ran Say For Itself And Its Wonder? by tomzman: 3:13pm On Apr 07, 2012
LagosShia: Salvation According to Jesus V/S Paul

Salvation
According to Jesus: The rich young ruler asked Jesus how he could find salvation. Jesus answered, "Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments , If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me." (Matt 19:16-21,
You and this 'keep the commandments' sha! Why not read the whole passage rather than quoting the part that suits your thoughts.The passage is clear enough.
Re: What Does The Qu'ran Say For Itself And Its Wonder? by mkmyers45(m): 3:32pm On Apr 07, 2012
tomzman:
You and this 'keep the commandments' sha! Why not read the whole passage rather than quoting the part that suits your thoughts.The passage is clear enough.
And he says that i dont quote whole passages. SMH sad
Re: What Does The Qu'ran Say For Itself And Its Wonder? by LagosShia: 4:21pm On Apr 07, 2012
tomzman:

irrelevant!
Re: What Does The Qu'ran Say For Itself And Its Wonder? by LagosShia: 4:23pm On Apr 07, 2012
mkmyers45: And he says that i dont quote whole passages. SMH sad

who is "he"? where did "he" say that?
Re: What Does The Qu'ran Say For Itself And Its Wonder? by tomzman: 8:30pm On Apr 07, 2012
LagosShia:

irrelevant!

You didn't disappoint me. grin
Re: What Does The Qu'ran Say For Itself And Its Wonder? by tomzman: 9:07pm On Apr 07, 2012
mkmyers45: And he says that i dont quote whole passages. SMH sad
Sincerely man, arguing with lagosShia is a waste of time.He only chooses the part of your reply to his post that appeals to him and 'cleverly' runs away from the important part.He avoids the cogent questions you throw at him, quotes verses fom the Bible (or any other source) that suits his thoughts and neglects the other parts of the passage. He thinks he is smart in his own eyes.When he gets to a dead end, he resorts to insults.That's lagosshia (in summary) for you.
Re: What Does The Qu'ran Say For Itself And Its Wonder? by LagosShia: 2:48am On Apr 08, 2012
tomzman:
Sincerely man, arguing with lagosShia is a waste of time.He only chooses the part of your reply to his post that appeals to him and 'cleverly' runs away from the important part.He avoids the cogent questions you throw at him, quotes verses fom the Bible (or any other source) that suits his thoughts and neglects the other parts of the passage. He thinks he is smart in his own eyes.When he gets to a dead end, he resorts to insults.That's lagosshia (in summary) for you.

do you i expect you to say anything positive about me? grin

i don't,because if you do,that would be implicit condemnation for your own religion (christianity).

(1) (2) (Reply)

Extra-judicial Killing Of Members Of The Islamic Movement By The Nigerian Police / Sheikh Qaradawi: Shia Are Heretics / Is Hell Eternal Or Not? Contradiction In The Quran!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.