Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. - Education (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. (72183 Views)

Unizik 2012/2013 Admission List Is Out,check List Here. / UNILAG Begins Sales Of Post Graduate Form For 2012/2013 Academic Session... / NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY 2012/2013 Academic Session POST UME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. by ajasa4link: 5:23pm On Nov 15, 2012
Homogeneositys: Tanx, is it all business education student dat will become teachers
No,u are the one who decides what u want to do with ur degree...
Re: Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. by Homogeneositys(f): 6:22pm On Nov 15, 2012
Tank u very much
Re: Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. by psamuell2(m): 8:12pm On Nov 15, 2012
LASU BULLETIN: Resumption: 26th Nov. Matric: 10th
Dec. Exam: 11th - 29th Mar. 2013. This is the detail of
the approved academic calendar for 2012/2013
(first semester). 2nd semester begins Mon. 13th May
2013. BEST WISHES.
Re: Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. by cloves(m): 8:37pm On Nov 15, 2012
psamuell2: LASU BULLETIN: Resumption: 26th Nov. Matric: 10th
2013. BEST WISHES.

Pls someone DT paid twice is he safe
Re: Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. by Nobody: 12:17am On Nov 16, 2012
psamuell2: LASU BULLETIN: Resumption: 26th Nov. Matric: 10th
2013. BEST WISHES.
am hearing registration is d first wk and lecture starts 3rd. Nd our reciepts wld be given then
Re: Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. by ajasa4link: 4:50am On Nov 16, 2012
toyingbad: am hearing registration is d first wk and lecture starts 3rd. Nd our reciepts wld be given then
LASU doesn't set aside any specifi date for course registration o...we usually register any time the pins are issued even when lectures are on. It is just an online registration that takes less than 10mins,so it doesn't affect lectures o
Re: Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. by Itzwhaley: 7:46pm On Nov 16, 2012
Ii heard all lasuite are to go to iict to siqn id card,, does it concern freshers?
Re: Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. by ajailer(m): 1:42pm On Nov 18, 2012
Can someone pls tell me ow much final year mass communication student paid for their sch fees....pls o
Re: Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. by ajasa4link: 2:40pm On Nov 18, 2012
ajailer: Can someone pls tell me ow much final year mass communication student paid for their sch fees....pls o
25,000naira plus 300naira which is transaction charge
Re: Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. by ajailer(m): 5:43pm On Nov 18, 2012
Thx for telln me sir....bt is it 25,000 or 35,000
Re: Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. by Emosewa: 10:20pm On Nov 18, 2012
Pls wen is dha deadline fah payment?fanks
Re: Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. by jaidor: 1:52pm On Nov 19, 2012
[b][/b]I'm so sorry if this is coming to you guys late....

This post iS mainly 4 d prospective students of LASU dat wishes to study mathematics as his or her course of study in d university.
Pls note dat d department of math, faculty of science is a deadly trap. If you really have d vision of graduating with good grades, why am i saying this?

1. This is a department dat has the largest numba of failed student records in d university. (year in year out i.e constant) 2. SOME of its lecturers r not up to standard, yet they set d most standardized exam questions amongst all Nigerian university 3. They don't give mark based on what u score(if u av a high score) in ur exam script, except 4 minor cases. They want a compromise before dat's done
4. They r TOO strict with marking of exam scripts
5. Only about 7% of its student can boast of a GP 3.5(neva had a 1st class student that I know of)
6. If you must have an A in any of its undergraduate course then you must be a post-graduate math student sumwhere else or u must be a "wizard".
7. Its lecturers don't teach to enable u undrstnd d course rather they come to class give note nd go.
7. Some of its lecturers may not attend class up to three(3) times yet they'll set thier exam questions
8. most times they don't set exam questions base on what they tought in class.
9. And finally, SOME of its lecturers are corrupt.

So are you ready to bear all this burdens? You may end up not graduating with what u ought/want to and hence not securing a good job in d labour market. However if you have already registered math as ur course of study be ready to bear d brunt n b prayerful 4 a +ve change. Else THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU APPLY 4 d course even if they gave you math as the only available choice try and look for a better alternative, because many students now in d department r regreting thier actions. BE AWARE! largest numba of failed student records in d university. (year in year out i.e constant.

WISH YOU ALL A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE IN LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY.
Re: Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. by ajasa4link: 2:13pm On Nov 19, 2012
jaidor: [b][/b]I'm so sorry if this is coming to you guys late....

This post iS mainly 4 d prospective students of LASU dat wishes to study mathematics as his or her course of study in d university.
Pls note dat d department of math, faculty of science is a deadly trap. If you really have d vision of graduating with good grades, why am i saying this?

1. This is a department dat has the largest numba of failed student records in d university. (year in year out i.e constant) 2. SOME of its lecturers r not up to standard, yet they set d most standardized exam questions amongst all Nigerian university 3. They don't give mark based on what u score(if u av a high score) in ur exam script, except 4 minor cases. They want a compromise before dat's done
4. They r TOO strict with marking of exam scripts
5. Only about 7% of its student can boast of a GP 3.5(neva had a 1st class student that I know of)
6. If you must have an A in any of its undergraduate course then you must be a post-graduate math student sumwhere else or u must be a "wizard".
7. Its lecturers don't teach to enable u undrstnd d course rather they come to class give note nd go.
7. Some of its lecturers may not attend class up to three(3) times yet they'll set thier exam questions
8. most times they don't set exam questions base on what they tought in class.
9. And finally, SOME of its lecturers are corrupt.

So are you ready to bear all this burdens? You may end up not graduating with what u ought/want to and hence not securing a good job in d labour market. However if you have already registered math as ur course of study be ready to bear d brunt n b prayerful 4 a +ve change. Else THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU APPLY 4 d course even if they gave you math as the only available choice try and look for a better alternative, because many students now in d department r regreting thier actions. BE AWARE! largest numba of failed student records in d university. (year in year out i.e constant.

WISH YOU ALL A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE IN LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY.

guy,actually i agree with u on some of d points u raised in d write up above having been a victim of lasu dept,when we sat for mat103 and mat104 in 100level as a mgt science student and barely managed to pass with D and E grades respectively despite studying my a.ss off..... At times i even wonder how ppl who are studying maths as a major course do cope in d dept..... But d truth is,most depts in lasu are like that,they only vary with little degrees... Most students in most depts in lasu will complain how worse their dept is than urs,so i've come to accept that most of d problems are generally lasu problems. Even in my dept,u will hear guys complaining bitterly how they regret the day they ever choose insurance as a course of study,same with those in accounting and other courses. But d truth is,while pple are busy complaining,a few of us are working our a.ss off trying to better our lot and sincerely we are getting good results,but thatz just a few of us which accounts for the 7per cent u mentioned in ur post. The bottom line is,u shouldn't be discouraged,but rather try to work urself up the ladder and join the so called 7per cent.... Though lasu is truely not conducive for learning like d unilag's but with u being focused and determined,u will actually get there
Re: Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. by ajasa4link: 2:16pm On Nov 19, 2012
Emosewa: Pls wen is dha deadline fah payment?fanks
The deadline period has already elapsed,but they are still accepting payment. So itz advisable u pay ASAP
Re: Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. by ajasa4link: 2:17pm On Nov 19, 2012
ajailer: Thx for telln me sir....bt is it 25,000 or 35,000
Re: Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. by jaidor: 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2012
Mr. Ajasa, it may interest you to know that i am not a student of the dept of mathematics, i'm just trying to advise the neophythes for them not to regret their decisions later.

I did some of their courses from ma 1st year to 3rd year, but now i am thru with them, n I must tell that the experience is nt what i ll want anybody to witness.

SO LET HE/SHE THAT HAS EAR LISTEN TO THE ADVISE!
Re: Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. by ajasa4link: 3:16pm On Nov 19, 2012
jaidor: Mr. Ajasa, it may interest you to know that i am not a student of the dept of mathematics, i'm just trying to advise the neophythes for them not to regret their decisions later.

I did some of their courses from ma 1st year to 3rd year, but now i am thru with them, n I must tell that the experience is nt what i ll want anybody to witness.

SO LET HE/SHE THAT HAS EAR LISTEN TO THE ADVISE!

i think d avice is kind of late now,what u should advice them now is to buckle-up having known that their dept will be tough..... They are not in any position to choose their course of study now,its those that will write d nxt UTME who will find d advice very helpful.... What these ones need need now is motivation and not having a mindset that they will never make it... Just my 2 cents
Re: Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. by Homogeneositys(f): 4:02pm On Nov 19, 2012
There's no changing of course in lasu
Re: Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. by jaidor: 4:29pm On Nov 19, 2012
I
ajasa4link:
i think d avice is kind of late now,what u should advice them now is to buckle-up having known that their dept will be tough..... They are not in any position to choose their course of study now,its those that will write d nxt UTME who will find d advice very helpful.... What these ones need need now is motivation and not having a mindset that they will never make it... Just my 2 cents
I

@Ajasa
Y can't you just read the my post patiently before you comment,I admited that in the first sentence I wrote.
I knew it's a bit late, but it is nt too late as there can still be change of course, and infact i made it clear for those that had already been admited for the course to be 'BEWARE' n 'PRAYERFUL'......

so pls note that its nt compulsory for you to comment since this info is nt meant for you.....this To Whom It May Concern.
Re: Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. by ajasa4link: 4:31pm On Nov 19, 2012
Homogeneositys: There's no changing of course in lasu
Yes,except for medicine students who fail to make it to college of medicine at d end of year1 and who will then be offered either biochemistry,botany or zoology.
Re: Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. by ajasa4link: 4:41pm On Nov 19, 2012
jaidor: I I

@Ajasa
Y can't you just read the my post patiently before you comment,I admited that in the first sentence I wrote.
I knew it's a bit late, but it is nt too late as there can still be change of course, and infact i made it clear for those that had already been admited for the course to be 'BEWARE' n 'PRAYERFUL'......

so pls note that its nt compulsory for you to comment since this info is nt meant for you.....this To Whom It May Concern.

Since u were once a fresher,i think u should understand that a fresher tends to believe and act based on what he/she has heard 4rm his/her seniors which could either be positive and which goes a long way in affecting that person's performance. Am not saying u are wrong,neither am i blaming u for passing d info,d only thing am saying is not to put unnecessary fear in their minds cos thatz d tone of ur first post if u read it again... Sorry if any of my posts seem out of place or insulting... Cheers
Re: Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. by ijenuela: 8:34am On Nov 20, 2012
Ajasa and jaidor, it may difficult for guys, but am assuring you that there's nothing impossible for God to do. If you believe it will be difficult, it will be. I know God is able to do all thing, by arresting those bad lecturers. Ajasa and Jaidor thanks a lot for your posts, and please u guys shouldn't be angry with each other. We need ur posts.
Re: Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. by ajasa4link: 9:38am On Nov 20, 2012
ijenuela: Ajasa and jaidor, it may difficult for guys, but am assuring you that there's nothing impossible for God to do. If you believe it will be difficult, it will be. I know God is able to do all thing, by arresting those bad lecturers. Ajasa and Jaidor thanks a lot for your posts, and please u guys shouldn't be angry with each other. We need ur posts.
Actually,am not angry just trying to point it out that freshers should not be intimidated by any tell-tale because we will continue to have bad lecturers,it is left to u to do d extra ordinary and excel.... I guess me and jaidor are cool now
Re: Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. by Itzwhaley: 10:56am On Nov 20, 2012
Can lectures statrt on monday
Re: Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. by ijenuela: 11:00am On Nov 20, 2012
@ ajasa. Ok
Re: Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. by ajasa4link: 11:45am On Nov 20, 2012
Itzwhaley: Can lectures statrt on monday

Maybe,maybe not.... It depends on ur department. At d beginning of each semester,all lecturers in a dept always sit at a meeting and discuss how the semester will go and decide which lecturer will take which course. Once d courses are shared among d lecturers and the dept releases its lectures time table,then lectures can start. So if ur dept has done this b4 monday,then there is nothing stopping lectures 4rm starting on monday.
Re: Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. by Emosewa: 11:52am On Nov 20, 2012
Pls help me out can ii pay half of my school fees now,pls some1 shld answer are we allowed to pay half?fanks
Re: Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. by ijenuela: 1:54pm On Nov 20, 2012
Has anyone registered his/her course. After payment what are suppose to do next becos it's been more than a week since I paid. I went to see my faculty officer he told me they're still conducting screening, that was last week.
Re: Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 20, 2012
Emosewa: Pls help me out can ii pay half of my school fees now,pls some1 shld answer are we allowed to pay half?fanks
no, d fees must be paid in full
Re: Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 20, 2012
Has anyone gotten d pin?

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply)

Exam Question For 500Level Lautech Students / Three Igbinedion University Students Die In Car Cras (Warning: Graphic Photos) / Girl Explains Her Dabbing Skills In A Mathematical Way (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.