Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,867 members, 7,813,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

Talking Phones. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Talking Phones. (629 Views)

Download Talking Tom For Nokia Asha 206 301 305 308 306 311 501 / Where Can I Get Talking Dictionary For My Nokia C3? / 2500 Mah Battery Gives A 52 Days Standby Time And 16 Hours Talking Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Talking Phones. by hallengray(m): 10:45am On Apr 07, 2012
Looking back to the day's mobile technology started in Nigeria, by then it must have been very difficult to think of what mobile technology would turn out to be in the coming years. I just read from an article that LG is planning on introducing a game changing "thinking Smartphone". To understand what this could mean, let's start by going through the technologies been incorporated into Smartphones in recent years. But before then, when I was a lot younger than I am now, I used to think Thuraya was the best thing that would happen to mobile technology. *but wait, where is Thuraya?*
With the likes of Siri, Andy siri, Evi to mention a few, what exactly could a thinking Smartphone do?
Siri is an intelligent software assistant and knowledge navigator which was released August 9, 2011. It's an application that uses a natural language user interface to answer questions, make recommendations and perform actions by delegating request to a set of web services. So as Andy siri,  Evi and the rest, the only difference is that Andy siri runs only on the Android platform, siri runs only on the iPhone4S platform and Evi on the other hand is compatible with virtually all iPhones and iPads. There is even an Android version of Evi. With this kind of technology incorporated into your mobile device,your mobile phone can do a lot of things you can ask your mobile phone questions like "how old is president obama?, what part of Africa is Nigeria located?" and funny questions like "will you be my friend?" Will you marry me? To mention a few. Lol...
So with this so called "thinking smartphone" LG is coming out with which they stated will be responsive to a user's particular needs, I think by then we will be able to ask questions like: Am I pregnant? Why is president Obama black? Why is Nigeria so corrupt? I'm waiting o...........

(1) (Reply)

Hands Free Device For Safety While Driving / I Need Help My Blackberry BIS Is Not Working In My Area And Subscription Is On / MTN Has Gone Haywire And Ruining Relationships!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.