Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,614 members, 7,955,259 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:51 PM

Help Help ! Where And How Do I Start - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help Help ! Where And How Do I Start (975 Views)

Help! Help!! Help!!! / How Do I Start And Be Successful As A Land Agent? Please Teach Me / Help, Help, Help, Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Help ! Where And How Do I Start by Kc0022000(m): 9:53pm On Nov 03, 2007
Hello Nairalander,

Haven't got any idea about building a house in Nigeria but wish to build one. Recently, l was in Nigeria and got a good offer from a retired Military officer for an uncompleted duplex building ( Decking Level ). After bargain and paper works by my lawyer the place is now mine. Firstly, the land hasn't got Certificate of O. neither is there a survey plan. Secondly, the uncompleted duplex is,4 bedroom,two garage,kitchen. ( Building plan dated 1994 ).Can someone update this building plan to 5 bedroom instead of two garage ? Can l continue with the project then do the paper work at the same time or later ? Or doing the paper work before the project continue ? How much would it cost to deck the duplex and another 5 bedroom with living room at the top ? Its for residential purpose only,thanks for your reply and ideas,
Re: Help Help ! Where And How Do I Start by EKENEA(m): 8:06am On Nov 04, 2007
what is the diamensiom of the building.
Re: Help Help ! Where And How Do I Start by Kc0022000(m): 1:16pm On Nov 04, 2007
EKENEA:

what is the diamensiom of the building.
, Am not sure if this is what you mean 32.93m X 30.61m X 28.65m X 30.66m ( 100ft X 100ft ) 2 plot. The old plan is with an Architect who should review the plan and update it , so can't say much on dimension.Thanks
Re: Help Help ! Where And How Do I Start by omowoleola: 4:10pm On Nov 05, 2007
@Kc0022000
You have basically two issues two to thrash out,
(1) Aprroval and
(2) Building
Firstly lets talk about the aprroval, i will rather advice you to take the issue seriously, make sure u get approval for your building as this might cause a great embarrasment for you later in the future, u can execute both simultaneosly, i.e u can continue building while u process your approval simutaneously but make sure u get an approval for your property, for building approval, u need the following documents
Tax clearance certificate(past 3 yrs)
Evidence of ownership of land (c of O) which u dont even have.
Survey/Architectural plan (5sets)
Services drawings
Structural drawings.
Secondly it is possible to update the plan to whatever your taste is but u also ave to put in consideration that the existing uncompleted building has been built since 1994 about 13 yrs ago which might have put the building into serious structural defacts, so the would be designer will ave to contact a structural engineer first and work things out, we can always work something out , pls conact me on my mail, bajowoleola@yahoo.com, i ve done quite a number of residential projects, i will be willing to give an helping hand, lets talk more
Re: Help Help ! Where And How Do I Start by thirdeye(m): 12:10am On Nov 06, 2007
Kc0022000:

Hello Nairalander,

Haven't got any idea about building a house in Nigeria but wish to build one. Recently, l was in Nigeria and got a good offer from a retired Military officer for an uncompleted duplex building ( Decking Level ). After bargain and paper works by my lawyer the place is now mine. Firstly, the land hasn't got Certificate of O. neither is there a survey plan. Secondly, the uncompleted duplex is,4 bedroom,two garage,kitchen. ( Building plan dated 1994 ).Can someone update this building plan to 5 bedroom instead of two garage ? Can l continue with the project then do the paper work at the same time or later ? Or doing the paper work before the project continue ? How much would it cost to deck the duplex and another 5 bedroom with living room at the top ? Its for residential purpose only,thanks for your reply and ideas,

Please, before you start construction get your approval first,the C of O can come later, the government of the day is stiffer in applying sanction to illegal buildings.
Get your survey plan from your surveyor. And present the plan to your Architect to redesign ,negotiate with your preferred contractor or a building professional. 
To effectively give a close estimate of a proposed building  you need to present the plan, cost of building house varies and several factors do contribute to this.
Read this, may be for some ideas

http://www.buildingcontractorsecrets.com/bcsfactor.htm
http://www.buildingcontractorsecrets.com/bcsprof.htm
http://www.buildingcontractorsecrets.com/bcsstages.htm
Re: Help Help ! Where And How Do I Start by Kc0022000(m): 5:17pm On Nov 06, 2007
@omowoleola, thanks for you useful point, shall work on this document for a start then contact you via mail for more useful tip.

@thirdeye, great site with lots of information. Keep it up and thanks for the info.

(1) (Reply)

Uncompleted Building At Gwarimpa. / Elepaq 5.5kva Genreator For Sale: / Architect/builder That Gives You Your Dream House With Free Consult And 3d View

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.