Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,497 members, 7,954,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:09 PM

Unsolicited SMS From Service Providers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Unsolicited SMS From Service Providers (578 Views)

NCC May Revoke 115 Internet Service Providers (ISPs) Operating In Nigeria / Should Banks Charge Customers For Unsolicited SMS Alerts? / CBN Licenses Five Payment Terminal Service Providers (PTSP) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unsolicited SMS From Service Providers by Acelifted: 5:51pm On Apr 07, 2012
Is there anyone with useful tips on how to reduce or completely eliminate receiving unsolicited SMSes? The rate at which Mobile phone service providers send unsolicited SMSes to me these days has become really alarming and worrisome. the number of these unsolicited SMSes have completely overtaken the number of genuine and useful SMS. my inbox is overwhelmed by these SMSes from the two lines i use (MTN and Visafone) and my wife's line (Airtel). Visafone is particularly annoying. they can send one single message 5 times in a week!
Re: Unsolicited SMS From Service Providers by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 07, 2012
Me too, i need a way to stop mine as well. Anyone got an idea?
Re: Unsolicited SMS From Service Providers by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 07, 2012
Calling customer care of the network is a way i believe. Its so obnoxious.
Re: Unsolicited SMS From Service Providers by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 07, 2012
Acelifted: Is there anyone with useful tips on how to reduce or completely eliminate receiving unsolicited SMSes? The rate at which Mobile phone service providers send unsolicited SMSes to me these days has become really alarming and worrisome. the number of these unsolicited SMSes have completely overtaken the number of genuine and useful SMS. my inbox is overwhelmed by these SMSes from the two lines i use (MTN and Visafone) and my wife's line (Airtel). Visafone is particularly annoying. they can send one single message 5 times in a week!
u are in in the spirit. I use visafone and Mtn too. Both are annoying. I had to dump my visafone 4 over 6months. Now MTN is getting worst by the day, the other day i almost true my phone tru my window of a moving car cuz d sms was so pissing off. NCC BETA DO SUMTIN ABT IT.
Re: Unsolicited SMS From Service Providers by limitbreka: 9:46pm On Apr 07, 2012
5 sms in a week is a Ğoº°˚°ºϑ deal. Etimumu sends me minimum of 5 sms daily. Eash time I check my acct balance na 3 straight smses to my inbox. I'm pissed off. I like d network though but sincere I dumped d sim full time
Re: Unsolicited SMS From Service Providers by Acelifted: 10:19am On Apr 09, 2012
I believe there is a way one can not deactivate a particular function to stop that. Only if the GSM gurus in the house can bail us out of this predicament. NCC has become a toothless bulldog. they dont have any answer. they are particularly so afraid of MTN!

(1) (Reply)

Get A Standard Website For AS LOW AS N13,000. Hosting Inclusive (08029620538)m / Ffef Will Give All You Need To Beome A Milionare And With Thier Sponsorhip Aid / Property Dispute. Experienced Person Or Lawyers Please Advise Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.