Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Who Is Fooling Who? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Fooling Who? (4155 Views)

Who Is Fooling Who??? / Thanksgiving In Rivers For Wike!: Who Is Fooling Who? / Feb 14; Is INEC Really Ready For This Election? Who Is Fooling Who? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by BigB11(m): 1:52pm On Nov 05, 2007
Popular and unpopular have the same parents; what ever goes up in the sky also comes down on the floor when the time is right.

Just chill and wait.
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by McKren(m): 2:04pm On Nov 05, 2007
Big B1:

Popular and unpopular have the same parents; what ever goes up in the sky also comes down on the floor when the time is right.

Just chill and wait.

LOL grin grin grin grin

Make u no gree make Ribadu matter make u go hay wire, what was that all about

BigB1 how was your weekend, hope u had a good one
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by fakedavid: 2:06pm On Nov 05, 2007
let them continue to bark while Ribadu is praised worldwide.
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by BigB11(m): 4:17pm On Nov 05, 2007
Prof Mckren: How you dey? I hope all is fine with you.
My weekend was alright.

Please, do not take that EFCC job as yet; I think you should wait for a genuine organization to be implemented. EFCC will soon disappear for good.
Nigerians are not fools, we deserve a better and stronger organization.

We are sick and tired of this coward, unlawful, inequitable, unprofessional, deceiver and a big basket of hot water, called EFCC.
It's not too late; it's time for Nigerian government to implement a true organization, who is totally committed to fighting war against corruption effectively, fairly, accordingly and efficiently.

It is enormously obvious to the world that EFCC actions do not correspond with their words. This is also one of the main reasons why United States and  Europe are very hesitant to get involved with this pure fabricated pugnacity against corruption in Nigeria.
EFCC reminds me of a fisherman who is vigorously fishing for shark in Sahara desert in the middle of summer time.

Abeg, give us a break!
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by ojimboIV: 4:24pm On Nov 05, 2007
despite the low profile the efcc has enjoyed in the present YA administration, blaming ribadu begs the question of the issue being discussed. in a very polarised nigeria in terms of development, it is amazing how we take garbage from our so called leaders and when there is an opportunity to call them to order and account for the misappropriation of funds, some of us see it differently. perhaps those few will be pleased to wake up tomorrow only to discover that the status quo has diminished 10 fold.
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by BigB11(m): 4:36pm On Nov 05, 2007
I think the problem here is many of us continue to miscalculate.

It's not Ribadu we are talking about; infact, it's not about Ribadu, it about Nigeria as a nation. EFCC is an organization and we need to understand that Ribadu is not the only top guns that work for this organization. Hence, when we point finger at their failure, it absolutely has nothing to do with Ribadu as a fine Nigeria.

We are all human beings and none of us is perfect; but we can not continue to push this old defective car just because Ribadu is a fine Nigerian.

Enough is enough, we need to come out of this comatose state of mind. We can not continue to embrace pure and obvious failure and expect all our objectives to be attained successfully.
Absolutely impossible!

If moving forward is our mission, a new strategy to effectively fight war against corruption in Nigeria must be immediately introduced.
Or else we will be singing the same old song for the next four years while the ex governors and others get richer and plumper
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by ojimboIV: 4:52pm On Nov 05, 2007
i don't understand why the the EFCC should be singled out in this respect, from my understanding there are other agencies involved in the WAC - ICPC, CCB, or better yet the police, i'm sure we'll have an endless swipe at the latter shocked.
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by fakedavid: 4:53pm On Nov 05, 2007
go form your own EFCC - ole olojurogbodo.
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by McKren(m): 4:55pm On Nov 05, 2007
Can you please explain to Nigerians:

1. why we can not boost ICPC to do whatever it is you think EFCC are not doing?

2. Why must it be outright scrap of the EFCC?

3. Is continuity a crime
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by BigB11(m): 4:58pm On Nov 05, 2007

Absolutely unnecessary; but I can't blame you for nothing, you name says it all.
Therefore, please go somewhere.
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by ojimboIV: 5:05pm On Nov 05, 2007
davidyland@yahoo.com:

paddyman, in the interest of national peace and security please translate whatever you say in english so we can all tag along. ok.
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by fakedavid: 5:07pm On Nov 05, 2007
it means - big eyed thief.
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by BigB11(m): 5:31pm On Nov 05, 2007
Mckren
I will answer all your questions, unlike what you've shown us in the past.

Question#1
why we can not boost ICPC to do whatever it is you think EFCC are not doing?

Please double check my record on Nairaland. I've recommended this idea in the past; infact I was the first one that introduced the fact that implementing EFCC was never a good idea.
ICPC could have been empowered instead of implementing the second organization. Please go and check the description of both organizations' duties and you will quickly realize that there was no reason to create EFCC.
But OBJ had his plans.
REASON: ICPC members are old schools, very educated, full of experience and can never never be intimidated by the president. The president knew this and he also understood that ICPC as a political tool wouldn't go well.
Hence, he went ahead and introduced EFCC, and gave the upper hand to a single entity, but he retained the main remote control, which he pushed when ever he felt like it.
This is how EFCC became a pure political tool.

Question#2
Why must it be outright scrap of the EFCC?

My man, nothing personal, but it is known by many, world wide that as long as EFCC is involved with war against corruption, Nigeria as a nation will never never move forward.
REASON: It is obvious that OBJ is still pretty much in control, it is also still obvious that the main targets are the insubordinate ones, the ones that did not listen or obey OBJ's insensitive rules.
How can we be successful if fighting corruption is all about being selective?
Furthermore, abolishing EFCC all together also means abolishing the opportunities for governors to use OBJ as an excuse. It will make things a lot clearer and eradicate all these unnecessary/ unwanted obstacles.

Question#3
Is continuity a crime?

As long as EFCC continues with this style of operation, we will also continue to sing that old song for many many years to come with absolutely BIG ZERO to accomplish.
Infact, I feel that EFCC is giving this thieves enormous opportunities and reasons to remain free.
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by BigB11(m): 5:47pm On Nov 05, 2007
Justice is supposed to be blind, but in EFCC's case, it is one-eyed!

As a president, I will never never allow failure to exist around my government. The same way ETTEH was replaced, EFCC could also be replaced. This courageous move will only make things easier and better for everybody.
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by McKren(m): 5:50pm On Nov 05, 2007
Looks like you did not understand my question let alone answering it, question 1 was hoping that you will tell us why boosting ICPC to do more while maintaining the EFCC is not an option

BigB1

I have tried as much as I can to say words that you wont find offensive these days, I simply have no clue why you are celebrating the ICPC that has nothing to show in the WAC while vilifying the EFCC.

Political or not, those EFCC probed has questions of corruption to answer. Except you are telling me that EFCC should not probe anybody who is a reknowned politician.

Look, one of the tennets of democracy is freedom of speech. This freedom of speech includes the right to tell people what they don't want to hear.
You have every right to say exactly what you dislike about the EFCC, even it is they standing between you and your business interests. Then it is up to Nigerians to figure out whether they will rather support your "business" or "vilify EFCC for ilegitimately obstructing your business".

Most Nigerians are educated, even an 18yr old undergraduate will easily figure out the defects in most of your arguments, that you think you can promote such a view of the world in 21st century Nigeria is contemptous to say the least.
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by BigB11(m): 5:57pm On Nov 05, 2007
FACT: Do you know that many former governors (thieves) prefer EFCC to stay alive?

But Nigerians are too damn dull to understand this strategy.

When exactly are we finally going to wake up?
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by Bastino(m): 6:00pm On Nov 05, 2007
We cant rule out the little done by ribadu just as well cant also rule it out that he has been sooooo selective
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by Bastino(m): 6:04pm On Nov 05, 2007
Big B1 Nigerians are nt damn dull, but Nigerian Leaders
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by IykeD1(m): 7:37pm On Nov 05, 2007

Maybe EFCC should be scrapped and everybody should be free to lot the national treasury as it was in the days of yore.

That will be BigB1's happiest day on earth. Unfortunately for him, enough Nigerians are "awake" and do
understand the role the EFCC is playing.

Lets for argument sake assume that OBJ's son who just graduated from law school bought a house for about $500,000 (N60million), and IBB son is alleged to own 24% of Globacom, which one of these cases should the resources of EFCC (funded partly by foreign countries) be devoted to investigating?

I am not sure how much Globalcom is worth, but its safe to bet that a 24% stake in Globacom can easily translate to over $240 million (over N30Billion). Should the resources of the EFCC be spent in trying to repossess a $500,000 (N60Million) asset for the state or should it be spent on chasing the $240million (N30billion) assets?

For all it was worth, it was nice reading that IBB's son was arrested! Never before had any son of the
mighty Nigerian leaders been detained. Acts like that and more are the reason while the majority of
Nigerians support the EFCC and the IBBs, Atikus, and the AGF wants it scrapped - they are ruffling the
right feathers!
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by BigB11(m): 8:18pm On Nov 05, 2007
That will be BigB1's happiest day on earth. Unfortunately for him, enough Nigerians are "awake" and do
understand the role the EFCC is playing.

Unbelievable to hear such a despicable statement coming from you. Totally inaccurate and a very low blow.

You should apologize.

FYI: you've miscalculated again.
This fact has nothing to do with the price of the house that belongs to OBJ's son or the price of 24% of Globacom. What we are looking at is the strategy EFCC has used to approach these 2 scenarios.
When it comes to fair justice, price or amount stolen shouldn't be what is used to determine who to be probed or arrested.
What is the difference between a man that stole a Toyota Corolla and a man that stole a Lamborghini?

And just for the record:It has been confirmed that any percentage of Globacom doesn't belong to IBB's son.
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by Njoy1(f): 9:42pm On Nov 05, 2007
"Big B1

Go and form your own EFCC, but if you cant, please go and wipe your anus with sand paper.
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by BigB11(m): 9:50pm On Nov 05, 2007
Big B1

Go and form your own EFCC, but if you can't, please go and wipe your anus with sand paper.

N-joy,

Why don't you please do yourself a big favor and quickly return back to the kitchen before it's too late.
(As a young lady, you should deeply understand the importance of comporting yourself appropriately at all time)
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by IykeD1(m): 10:06pm On Nov 05, 2007
@BigB1 - you have my apologies.

FYI: you've miscalculated again.
This fact has nothing to do with the price of the house that belongs to OBJ's son or the price of 24% of Globacom. What we are looking at is the strategy [/b]EFCC has used to approach these 2 scenarios.
When it comes to fair justice, price or amount stolen shouldn't be what is used to determine who to be probed or arrested.
[b]What is the difference between a man that stole a Toyota Corolla and a man that stole a Lamborghini?

Did you use really the word strategy? As for what is the difference between a man that stole
2 Toyota Corolla and Lambhorghini, let's put your question in a much clearer context. The least
expensive Lamborghini is about $200,000 (give or take) which will fetch about 8 Toyota Corolla
(at about $25,000 each). Now, $240million of IBB's son stake in Globalcom will buy about 480
type of houses that OBJ's son bought. If indeed we are concerned about strategy, I ask again,
should the EFCC spend $500,000 to recover $500,000 or will it make more strategic and economic
sense for them to spend $500,000 or even $1million in recovering $240million?
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by BigB11(m): 10:20pm On Nov 05, 2007
Did you use really the word strategy?  As for what is the difference between a man that stole
2 Toyota Corolla and Lambhorghini, let's put your question in a much clearer context. The least
expensive Lamborghini is about $200,000 (give or take) which will fetch about 8 Toyota Corolla
(at about $25,000 each).  Now, $240million of IBB's son stake in Globalcom will buy about 480
type of houses that OBJ's son bought. If indeed we are concerned about strategy, I ask again,
should the EFCC spend $500,000 to recover $500,000 or will it make more strategic and economic

I don't know what you do for a living, but my man, with this mentality you've just displayed, you have just totally incapacitated yourself.
That question also happens to be a leadership 101 question.

EFCC mission or objective is not for profit, their accomplishment is not measured by calculating Kobo and Naira; this is an organization that is implemented to enforce the law.
I'm not sure if you truly understand the mighty role of EFCC; Please, quickly get familiar with it because you're starting not to make any sense anymore,
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by BigB11(m): 10:24pm On Nov 05, 2007
Iyke-D:

FYI: your argument is not the issue.
Here is one of the issues: "You do not arrest a man before looking for evidence to prosecute him.  It is the other way round.”
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by fakedavid: 10:32pm On Nov 05, 2007
@Big B1

Do you know that you are a fool?
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by BigB11(m): 10:32pm On Nov 05, 2007
Did you use really the word strategy?  As for what is the difference between a man that stole
(at about $25,000 each).  Now, $240million of IBB's son stake in Globalcom will buy about 480

Furthermore, it is very sad and a big shame that this is how most of us see things. And this is also one of the reasons why we find absolutely nothing wrong with the way EFCC operates.
Unbelievable!

It is not about kobo and naira; it's about doing your job accordingly, professionally, lawfully and fairly (all belong to the same parents).
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by BigB11(m): 10:37pm On Nov 05, 2007
davidyland@yahoo.com
@Big B1

Do you know that you are a fool?

Is it going to make you feel better if I send you an email?
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by fakedavid: 10:39pm On Nov 05, 2007
and stupid?
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by IykeD1(m): 11:41pm On Nov 05, 2007

FYI: your argument is not the issue.
Here is one of the issues: "You do not arrest a man before looking for evidence to prosecute him. It is the other way round.”

BigB1

Oh, so like inviting or arresting IBB's son to explain his relationship to a 24% stake of a billion
dollar organization is out of line? Most especially when that holding company list a property owned by the same IBB's son as its mailing address?

I understand why "they" are mad as hell with Ribadu because he crossed the red line. The ultra
rich in Nigeria - the IBBs and Adenugas have gotten so used to being above the law, that they didn't
think it was necessary to honor an invitation from the EFCC to answer a few questions. They went
on with their air of invisibility until Ribadu woke them from their slumber and sent them running for
cover.

Finally, if as a leader, you don't understand the difference between spending $1million to reclaim
a $500,000 asset for the state versus spending $1million to reclaim $240million, then may God help
whatever it is you are managing. Yes justice can not be reduced to matter of naira and kobo, but at
the same time the justice system can not be funded adequately if the state is broke. Maybe you
haven't heard but there is such a thing as severity of offense, hence they are sentencing guidelines.
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by BigB11(m): 12:57am On Nov 06, 2007
It is absolutely impossible for folks to have a reasonable discussion with out mentioning that name "IBB".
Damn, the man has been gone for many many years and still many just can't leave that name alone.

Why don't you just ask EFCC to go and arrest IBB?

The last time I checked, EFCC as a failed organization is still the main idea of this discussion; let's remain focused, IBB did not implement this organization.
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by BigB11(m): 1:12am On Nov 06, 2007
Instead of walking around freely and boldly, you guys will be surprised to see how many governors that will disappear for good as soon as a newly implemented anti corruption organization is introduced.
The prayer of many of these thieves is for EFCC to remain in Nigeria forever and ever. They clearly understand that as long as EFCC stays around, they (the thieves) remain untouchable.

And I truly do not understand why we find it very difficult to understand this fact. May be some of us need to be whacked on the head with a wooden stick to wake up and see the light.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Project Biafra - Ojukwu Gift To Igbo / Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua / Prof Abc Nwosu To Ndigbo On 2011 Polls: Abandon Zoning, Commit Political Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.