Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Who Is Fooling Who? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Fooling Who? (4156 Views)

Who Is Fooling Who??? / Thanksgiving In Rivers For Wike!: Who Is Fooling Who? / Feb 14; Is INEC Really Ready For This Election? Who Is Fooling Who? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by fakedavid: 1:14am On Nov 06, 2007
and crazy?
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by ojimboIV: 10:58am On Nov 06, 2007
perhaps we all need to be whacked with spiked clubs afterall.

some of the tactics employed by the efcc are controversial and questionable, but hey, we are talking about nigeria here, why do we need to paint a cob to make it look like a cat? setting up a new anti corruption is as good as reforming the efcc, in my opinion the latter is easier and more feasible.
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by Mariory(m): 11:54am On Nov 06, 2007
ojimbo IV
i don't understand why the the EFCC should be singled out in this respect, from my understanding there are other agencies involved in the WAC - ICPC, CCB, or better yet the police, i'm sure we'll have an endless swipe at the latter

It is because out of all the agencies, the EFCC is the only one putting tax payer's money to good use. In Big B1's case, he hates the EFCC because they had a hand in stopping IBB's ambition to rule Nigeria again.
If you look back through his previous posts, you will find that this is fact.

Long live the EFCC.
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by IykeD1(m): 12:34pm On Nov 06, 2007
Up EFCC!!!!! grin
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by BigB11(m): 4:42pm On Nov 06, 2007
In Big B1's case, he hates the EFCC because they had a hand in stopping IBB's ambition to rule Nigeria again.

Absolutely inaccurate.

This has nothing to do with IBB; the man is appeased with his current position, everyone has moved on.

Big B1 doesn't hate EFCC, he only hates failure (constant failure).
Infact, I have realized that many have decided to sabotage all my ideas or recommendations, regardless of the content of the message (whether it's positive or negative), just because of my incompressible support for IBB.
I see this as being barbaric and absolutely not in agreement with or according to democratic doctrine.

One should not be judged or undermined just because of his or her choice of political candidates. It is not right, not acceptable and a nation can not move forward with this type of awful mentality.

Up EFCC, long life failure!

It seems to me that many of us are just simply immune to habitual failure.
We shall all see the end result.

May God bless Nigeria
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by Kobojunkie: 5:53pm On Nov 06, 2007
up EFCC Why is the EFCC yet to target folks like Babangida and Obasanjo?? Are they really innocent ??
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by ojimboIV: 6:21pm On Nov 06, 2007
the efcc can not be described as a failure my man, for them to be put in that class you must have something to benchmark them against.
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by BigB11(m): 6:51pm On Nov 06, 2007
My man, the benchmark for failure in Nigeria is higher than Mount Kilimanjaro.

The question is: how far and how long are we willing to push this old defective car?
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by BigB11(m): 6:52pm On Nov 06, 2007
Iyke-D = Mckren?
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by iykrion(m): 3:48am On Nov 07, 2007
The issue of EFCC is that of half bread being better than non. The agency did witch-hunting for OBJ. Nobody cares to explain why T(c)hiefs Lamidi Adedibu, Olabode George et al have not been arrested up till this moment by the EFCC, whereas people like Otumbas Adenuga and Fasewe are being bandied as corrupt men.

Mallam Ribadu have on countless occasions confirmed the formers culpability, but has done nothing to bring them to justice. We know that the EFCC has arrested some corrupt people and had even prosecuted some. My worry is that the agency is persecuting those it has no evidence of corrupt enrichment against.

As regards the sons of IBB and OBJ, corrupt enrichment is the same, the amount involved notwithstanding. Both cases must be treated equally without any resort to ad hominems. Justice is blind, therefore, does not see whether one has stolen 1 naira or if another has stolen trillions of pounds. Let's get things right. Didn't EFCC spend tax payers money to go for a wild goose chase when it accused Alhaji Atiku of taking a $100,000 bribe from Mr. Jafferson? Why can't it spend same to pursue a case of $500,000 which is 5x bigger?

EFCC should wake up, let the truth be told. With all the foreign financial assistance it has been recieving, it must not be seen as anybody's cats paw.
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by IykeD1(m): 4:39am On Nov 07, 2007
BigB1 = IBB's son?
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by IykeD1(m): 4:49am On Nov 07, 2007

As regards the sons of IBB and OBJ, corrupt enrichment is the same, the amount involved notwithstanding. Both cases must be treated equally without any resort to ad hominems. Justice is blind, therefore, does not see whether one has stolen 1 naira or if another has stolen trillions of pounds. Let's get things right. Didn't EFCC spend tax payers money to go for a wild goose chase when it accused Alhaji Atiku of taking a $100,000 bribe from Mr. Jafferson? Why can't it spend same to pursue a case of $500,000 which is 5x bigger?

Maybe you should sharpen your reading/research skills, the EFCC case against Atiku wasn't about $100,000.

Brilliant - you don't see any difference between a man that steals N1 and another that steals 1trillion pounds?
The state should exhibit the same zeal chasing the man that stole N1 even if it means spending N10million to
prosecute the case? With this kind of brilliance, its no surprise that Nigeria is a shining example of justice before
the world. We are always righteous about the wrong things!
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by dayokanu(m): 7:38am On Nov 07, 2007
OBJ personalised the functions of the EFCC so much that you are innocent as long as you are in OBJ's good books
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by almondjoy(f): 9:51am On Nov 07, 2007

UK admits pressure from Nigeria to try corrupt officials
From Constance Ikokwu in Washington, D.C., 11.06.2007
Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The United Kingdom has admitted that its decision to go after corrupt Nigerian public officers who use its country as a safe haven to launder stolen wealth was at the prompting of the Nigerian government.

Talking with THISDAY in Washington, D.C., former leader of the House of Lords in the UK, Baroness Valerie Amos, said the British government had to make legislations following pressure mounted by Nigeria and concerns expressed about money laundering through financial institutions in the UK.

Amos did not mention any particular administration but Nigeria’s high profile fight against corruption and money laundering came to world attention under President Olusegun Obasanjo, with the creation of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

According to Amos, “on the issue of stolen assets, we have legislation now. You will know that we’ve been pushed very hard by the Nigerian government in the past where there was concern that there were assets which had been stolen from the people of Nigeria which were then laundered through financial institutions in the United Kingdom and elsewhere".

I am very proud that my government passed the legislation with respect to the issue of stolen assets wherever they come from and it’s now possible for governments outside the UK to use that legislation to recover assets where they could prove that those assets were stolen from the people of that country. So that’s why I think it has become a much more high profile issue in the last few years,” she said.

Former Governor of Plateau State, Chief Joshua Dariye, was the first state executive to fall in the anti-corruption crusade but jumped bail and returned to Nigeria. Former Governor of Bayelsa State, Dieprieye Alamieyeseigha, was also arrested at Heathrow Airport for money laundering. He however escaped the UK in mysterious circumstances and later claimed his escape was facilitated by Britain, a charge the country has denied.

Asked if the British government is appalled at the state of affairs in Nigeria, Amos said no government has the right to make comments of that nature. She said any government, including that of Britain, needs to soften their criticisms of Nigeria considering that it is not even 50 years old as an independent country.

“Nigeria hasn’t been an independent country for 50 years yet. So I think we should focus on reporting the positive and talking in robust terms in private about the things we think need to be improved. I think it’s inappropriate for me to come out with a long list of things and say that we are disappointed with the government of Nigeria. I know we will be disappointed if they came out and said the British government hasn’t done that,” she said.

She stated that the UK would continue to work in partnership with Nigeria, recognising the country’s importance to the development of the continent.

Amos, who has been nominated by Prime Minister Gordon Brown as the European Union (EU) Special Representative to the Africa Union (AU), was in Washington, D.C. for a conference. If her nomination is approved, her office will focus on the wider issues of governance, transparency and accountability, she said.

Amos was the first black woman to sit in the Cabinet of the UK. She was the Leader of the House of Lords from 2003 to June 2007.

http://odili.net/news/source/2007/nov/6/211.html

Useless people!!!!!!!  Let EFCC also concentrate on all the wealth stored by Northern Nigerians in the Swiss Bank and Arab countries--especially United Arab Emirates with their yearly jihads.  Rubbish!!!!!

Is it not from Nigeria all the money laundering originates and make their way to banks in foreign countries?  From all the "Otumba/Alhaji/Ogbuefi owned banks?  Now the "Nigerian government" wants to "mount" pressure on others to do its dirty work.  Useless people! 

I do not know why this British people keep playing this game.  American or Swiss government would never cater to such nonsense--like the Uba case.  Just send them home scott free and let the Nigerians deal with the mess they created in the first case.  What is the point returning "loot" that will be "re-looted"?
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by McKren(m): 10:03am On Nov 07, 2007
Big B1:

Iyke-D = Mckren?

I am not suprised that you think Iyke-D = Mckren

Sometimes I read Iyke's posts and I wonder if am the one typing?

But if you follow Iyke's post very well you do not need a rocket scientist to know the man bearing that name is from Delta State Nigeria, while I am of Imo State Nigeria.

Note: I am just setting the records straight, as I dont mind being confused for Iyke-D
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 07, 2007
almondjoy:

Useless people!!!!!!! Let EFCC also concentrate on all the wealth stored by Northern Nigerians in the Swiss Bank and Arab countries--especially United Arab Emirates with their yearly jihads. Rubbish!!!!!

Is it not from Nigeria all the money laundering originates and make their way to banks in foreign countries? From all the "Otumba/Alhaji/Ogbuefi owned banks? Now the "Nigerian government" wants to "mount" pressure on others to do its dirty work. Useless people!

I do not know why this British people keep playing this game. American or Swiss government would never cater to such nonsense--like the Uba case. Just send them home scott free and let the Nigerians deal with the mess they created in the first case. What is the point returning "loot" that will be "re-looted"?

@ almondjoy why are you so scared of EFCC and anti-corruption investigations? wink

you are beginning to sound like Big B1 cheesy Methinks you're a party in interest but dont fret unnecessarily for whomever among your loved ones is guilty of plundering Nigeria's treasury. Even if the EFCC doesn't get them here and now, the Karmic laws surely will.

Aondoakaa will never be able to subvert karma cool grin
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by almondjoy(f): 1:09pm On Nov 07, 2007
ziddy:

@ almondjoy why are you so scared of EFCC and anti-corruption investigations? wink

you are beginning to sound like Big B1 cheesy Methinks you're a party in interest but don't fret unnecessarily for whomever among your loved ones is guilty of plundering Nigeria's treasury. Even if the EFCC doesn't get them here and now, the Karmic laws surely will.

Aondoakaa will never be able to subvert karma cool grin

As you can see--Ibori/Odili/Igbinedion/Anenih are untouchable!!!!! tongue  Let Karma and AmadiohaAondoakaaKarma catch IBB and OBJ-----------your own loved ones first!!!!

Shiooooooooooooooooooo!

You must be joking!
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by fakedavid: 1:15pm On Nov 07, 2007
all of you are a bunch of useless big headed tramps.
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by ojimboIV: 1:17pm On Nov 07, 2007
davidyland@yahoo.com:

all of you are a bunch of useless big headed tramps.

who unleashed this one today? ?
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by fakedavid: 1:41pm On Nov 07, 2007
ojimbo IV:

who unleashed this one today? ?

see Atutupoyo dey open mouth.
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by ojimboIV: 2:16pm On Nov 07, 2007
whatever the hell that means, i'd rather you get a life my man. this ain't leading you nowhere son.
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by BigB11(m): 3:19pm On Nov 07, 2007
I am not suprised that you think Iyke-D = Mckren

Sometimes I read Iyke's posts and I wonder if am the one typing?

But if you follow Iyke's post very well you do not need a rocket scientist to know the man bearing that name is from Delta State Nigeria, while I am of Imo State Nigeria.

Mckren,

That was a simple question, that required just a YES or NO; aboslutely no need to write a book.
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by BigB11(m): 3:21pm On Nov 07, 2007
The issue of EFCC is that of half bread being better than non. The agency did witch-hunting for OBJ. Nobody cares to explain why T(c)hiefs Lamidi Adedibu, Olabode George et al have not been arrested up till this moment by the EFCC, whereas people like Otumbas Adenuga and Fasewe are being bandied as corrupt men.

Mallam Ribadu have on countless occasions confirmed the formers culpability, but has done nothing to bring them to justice. We know that the EFCC has arrested some corrupt people and had even prosecuted some. My worry is that the agency is persecuting those it has no evidence of corrupt enrichment against.

EFCC should wake up, let the truth be told. With all the foreign financial assistance it has been recieving, it must not be seen as anybody's cats paw.

Brilliant!
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by Segunusaid(m): 4:28pm On Nov 07, 2007
B1 or whatever,

It seems to me that you re virtually oblivion of the situation that has to do with corruption in the Nigerian state. In fact your post did not only reveal your shallowness but to a large exent your ignorance about the institution you re quick to trample under your sponsored jackboot.

If you re a student of history or better still a student of contemporary Nigerian politics, you should be grateful to God that in the history of this great country no administration has attempted in this manner to tackle corruption as the Obasanjo admininstration.

As a matter of fact it was only in the last administration that public official has ever been convicted of corruption and instead of joining hands to support the good work of EFCC you re crying foulplay.

If you ve the understanding that corruption is a deep rooted problem that has defied all known strategies you will not be rubishing the effort of the government at fighting a monster that is reducing Nigerian masses to poverty and penury

To come to think of it , are you telling us that you re more patriotic than the Obasanjo of this world or the Ribadu who has put his life on the line to ensure that the monster of corruption is tamed in Nigeria. one thing you should realise is that Rome was not built in a day, it is even a good omen to see a government agency fighting corruption or maybe you don't know that it is public sector corruption that crippled the nigerian economy.

Pls go and resaerched this topic very well because you re argument is not consistent reality.
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by IykeD1(m): 4:31pm On Nov 07, 2007
Brilliance now has new a definition!

As regards the sons of IBB and OBJ, corrupt enrichment is the same, the amount involved notwithstanding. Both cases must be treated equally without any resort to ad hominems. Justice is blind, therefore, does not see whether one has stolen 1 naira or if another has stolen trillions of pounds. Let's get things right. [b]Didn't EFCC spend tax payers money to go for a wild goose chase when it accused Alhaji Atiku of taking a $100,000 bribe from Mr. Jafferson? [/b]Why can't it spend same to pursue a case of $500,000 which is 5x bigger?

BigB1
Treating a crime of N1 as if its equal to a crime of N1trillion is not brilliant but pure lunacy! How much is
Nigeria's entire budget for last year?

Gosh isn't any surprise that someone like you considers IBB a genius? a genius from the backside allright!

Finally, the information regarding Atiku and Jefferson's dealing as described above is factually incorrect!
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by BigB11(m): 4:39pm On Nov 07, 2007
Brilliant - you don't see any difference between a man that steals N1 and another that steals 1trillion pounds?
The state should exhibit the same zeal chasing the man that stole N1 even if it means spending N10million to
prosecute the case? With this kind of brilliance, its no surprise that Nigeria is a shining example of justice before
the world. We are always righteous about the wrong things!
@Iyke-D

Obviously you know absolutely nothing about equality, human rights, empowerment of the constitution and drastic repercussion of judgement that is based on selectivity.

My man, we are not talking about market place conflict, we are talking about the enforcement of Nigerian constitution.
What is wrong with you?

Looking at the roles that is played by EFCC in Nigeria, it is purely senseless to base any corruption judgement on calculation of Kobo and Naira. It just doesn't work that way.
The person that freely steals 1 Naira today will surely steal 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Naira tomorrow, hence Mr. Iyke-D, you're not making any sense.
All cases regarding corruption must be treated absolutely equally under every circumstance.

You need to stop this asinine argument, pleasssssssssseeeeeeeee

Definitely, you're not Mckren and I'm very sorry to even compare the two.
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by BigB11(m): 4:45pm On Nov 07, 2007
@Segunusaid:

You're absolutely right, you can now go back to work!
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by BigB11(m): 5:00pm On Nov 07, 2007
Iyke-D:

If you live in United States, how would you feel if a police office pulls you over just because you're BLACK?

That is the meaning of judgement based on selectivity, and this is also the main idea of this topic.
Forget EFCC or OBJ, and please let me know what will be the appropriate treatment for this officer.
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by IykeD1(m): 5:04pm On Nov 07, 2007
BigB1,

I hope you never attain a leadership position in any meaningful organization
because that might spell the beginning of its downfall. In all facet of life, be it
public or private, one must PRIORITIZE.

The EFCC was formed not to replace the Nigerian Police, but as a special unit
that will target economic crimes, that is crimes that are injurious to the nation
and its economy. If every Nigerian steals N1, the N150million stolen will be a
drop in the bucket compared to a few Nigerian that steals a N1trillion - does
that make sense at all to you?

That is the main reason while for its flaws, the majority of Nigerians are in
support of Ribadu and his men. It was rumored earlier on that Ribadu was
to be replaced, but the fact that he is still running the EFCC demonstrates
that the greater majority Nigerians are on their side.

Apologies accepted by the way.
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by BigB11(m): 5:19pm On Nov 07, 2007
Ribadu, Ribadu, Ribadu, Ribadu;

May be George Bush should also change his name to Ribadu; may be he will get couple of more people on his side to worship his failure in Iraq.

My man, like I've said before, this issue has absolutely nothing to do with Ribadu. Infact Ribadu happens to still be one of my favorite Nigerians, I truly admire his dedication.
But at the same time, there must be no room for failure. We must be courageous and bold enough to be able to point out failure when it exists (confrontation, tenacity, correction and compassion); that is what leadership is all about, my man.
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by BigB11(m): 5:28pm On Nov 07, 2007
I hope you never attain a leadership position in any meaningful organization
because that might spell the beginning of its downfall. In all facet of life, be it
public or private, one must PRIORITIZE.

Iyke-D:

You've miscalculated once again.
PRIORITIZE: stands for arranging or organizing "to do list"[/b]according to the importance of the duties.

Eventhough PRIORITIZE is part of leadership concept, but has absolutely nothing to do with this subject.

Again, the main idea of this topic is the word [b]"SELECTIVITY"
Re: Who Is Fooling Who? by BigB11(m): 5:49pm On Nov 07, 2007
Iyke-D

It is obvious that you're busy running all over the place with absolutely no material.

You fall into this category:I have realized that many have decided to sabotage all my ideas or recommendations, regardless of the content of the message (whether it's positive or negative), just because of my incompressible support for IBB.
I see this as being barbaric and absolutely not in agreement with or according to democratic doctrine.

If my name was Mckren, I'm sure that you will be smiling and dancing behind me. But it's all good.
There is something for sure, we can not all sleep like bunch of drunkards facing the same direction, someone must step up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

“You May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan! / Gov Obiano of Anambra state caught Sleeping On Duty,lol(pic) / Quotes From Professor Yemi Osinbajo's Interview With Channels Tv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.