Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

Church Collapses During Easter Vigil In Benue. 40 Killed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Church Collapses During Easter Vigil In Benue. 40 Killed (13911 Views)

40 Killed As Cameroonian Troops Chase Boko Haram Into Borno Village / 40 Killed As JTF Takes-over Maiduguri Wards / Over 40 Killed In Renewed Nasarawa Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Collapses During Easter Vigil In Benue. 40 Killed by pizzaboi55(m): 11:18am On Apr 08, 2012
sad eyah, so sad. RIP,
Re: Church Collapses During Easter Vigil In Benue. 40 Killed by ssjalo(m): 11:24am On Apr 08, 2012
May God forgive all their sin's and give them HIS eternal life, those behind may God give them fortitude to bear the lost.RIP my dear brothers/sisters
Re: Church Collapses During Easter Vigil In Benue. 40 Killed by babaowo: 11:28am On Apr 08, 2012
Tragedy! This so sad honestly....
Re: Church Collapses During Easter Vigil In Benue. 40 Killed by adamsalman(m): 11:31am On Apr 08, 2012
Something similar to that of Benue State, EASTER TRAGEDY.
IN what is described as the
worst Easter tragedy in Ilorin,
about eight people including two
children, were feared dead in a
tragic occurrence during the
Easter retreat organised by the
Deeper Life Bible Church Ilorin,
Kwara State.
Sunday Tribune gathered that
the incident was caused by
rainstorm which caused a pillar
at the camp site to collapse and
fall on the worshippers at the
church’s camp site located at
Eyenkorin on the outskirts of the
state capital on Friday morning.
It was also gathered that one of
the victims was a Pastor with the
church, who had gone to donate
blood at the hospital in the wake
of the tragedy which also left
several worshippers injured.
It was learnt that the Pastor, who
was riding on a motorcycle ran
into an oncoming vehicle and
died on the way to the hospital.
The storm had accompanied the
first heavy rainfall witnessed in
the Kwara State capital, as the
rain, which lasted for about two
hours began at about 12.30 am.
Re: Church Collapses During Easter Vigil In Benue. 40 Killed by Sattors(m): 11:33am On Apr 08, 2012
Why all these @ this time? Well may their souls rest in peace. AMEN!
Re: Church Collapses During Easter Vigil In Benue. 40 Killed by otunba9ja: 11:40am On Apr 08, 2012
I Pray that these ones will not serve and suffer in vain.
I hereby call on the senator representing that area,House
of rep member and local govt chairman to assist by alleviating
the suffering and living condition of the muslims and xtians
in that community.

RIP Our dear beloved brethren.
Re: Church Collapses During Easter Vigil In Benue. 40 Killed by gbanikiti(m): 11:43am On Apr 08, 2012
the walls of vandekiya fell down flat when the children of God were praising the lord.unfortunately people were killed.smh!
Re: Church Collapses During Easter Vigil In Benue. 40 Killed by otokx(m): 11:45am On Apr 08, 2012
too bad but this is due to negligence on the part of the builders.
Re: Church Collapses During Easter Vigil In Benue. 40 Killed by freecocoa(f): 11:59am On Apr 08, 2012
Hmm its a pity,really sad.

May God grant their loved ones the fortitude to bear the loss and may their souls RIP.
Re: Church Collapses During Easter Vigil In Benue. 40 Killed by beautifulzerah(f): 12:10pm On Apr 08, 2012
This is very pathetic. May the souls of the dead ones rest in peace.
Re: Church Collapses During Easter Vigil In Benue. 40 Killed by seanie(m): 12:10pm On Apr 08, 2012
Its ‎​Ȋ̝̊̅‎ƨ well...may their souls RIP!
Re: Church Collapses During Easter Vigil In Benue. 40 Killed by knowledge4(m): 12:30pm On Apr 08, 2012
These occurences are among the signs of the end prophesied in Matthew 24.
It is not the dying that matters but where one is heading to after death.
Is it heaven or hell?
After death is judgement(Hebrews 9:27)
We need to be ready at every minute to qualify for eternity with Christ.
God did not say that we shall have no troubles in this life (Job 14:1-2)
We shall have it but shall overcome them if we are on His side.
The All Knowing God knew it would happen,yet allowed it to happen.
Who can question Him,the Sovereign God?
May the dead rest in peace.
For us who are alive today,we are alive by God's mercies and grace.
Do not abuse the grace as no one knows when the end will come
Repent now and believe the Gospel.
Re: Church Collapses During Easter Vigil In Benue. 40 Killed by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 08, 2012
Quite a pity. This underscores what happens when caution is thrown to the wind and every laid down specification in building and construction trampled on. Don't knw why religious bodies finds delight in erecting gigantic building(cathedrals) even whn there are no enough materials to acheive that as if its d cathedrals in themselves that worship God and not humans. This has lead to compromise in in sticking to quality requirements as long as a sparcely populated hall happens to be d outcome. Most unfortunately, sometimes d parishiner contribute d money with whch the deep vally of shadow of death are erected while more are embezled. Nw why not embark in erecting strong, simplified and modest place of worship cos these buildings in themselves do not praise God but we do. Knw of a religious organisation in Nig. that erect such round the country. Wherever u see their building it portrays modesty, simplicity, quality and most times beautified with nature's costless condiments(flowers) and are mostly erected within a specified period of time(mostly 6 months) unlike som of these cathedrals that takes yrs to complete even whn they enjoys donations frm big businesses and politics. For those that wil debunk my opinion for all the wrong reasons, am talking out of xperience neither am i claiming that d church building dat fall in benue is a cathedral nor was money embezled. May God help console the bereaved!
Re: Church Collapses During Easter Vigil In Benue. 40 Killed by Basic(m): 12:48pm On Apr 08, 2012
afam4eva: Bokoharam at it again. RIP.
I can see that the BH scourge has turned you into something else. What is BH's concern with the church's collapse? Definitely, if you should stumble upon a stone and fall down, you would say it's Boko Haram!
Re: Church Collapses During Easter Vigil In Benue. 40 Killed by Mykoj(m): 12:51pm On Apr 08, 2012
Rip buh why iz it dat it z catholic church dat r always victimz of al deze menace
Re: Church Collapses During Easter Vigil In Benue. 40 Killed by Callotti: 1:01pm On Apr 08, 2012
Rad1cal: Moneylover4 = Calotti, she is the only one who can dish out such weird sarcasm at this sorrowful time

Gaiden k: @money lover or calotti or wateva u dumb personality is,u ll somday hv a taste of wat tragedy feels. Like.if NL keep censoring some words dey deem not descent,how come dey let somtin like this go though??

Please. . .what makes you think I would choose a name like 'money lover' and not 'Joloh-Joloh'(aka peh-nis) lover? undecided
I am not that dull and unimaginative.

Make una see me see trobu o? cheesy

Callotti gbu uhomo weh rhia!(translation not needed)

FYI. . .I have been at work and had a busy night.
Direct your unwarranted angst some place else.
I am waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too tired to reply to this Easter mayhem. . . .or spend my much-needed sleep time on NL today.
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. . . . .
Off to bed. . . Happy Easter too.
Thank you.
Re: Church Collapses During Easter Vigil In Benue. 40 Killed by DRANOEL(m): 1:23pm On Apr 08, 2012
R.I.P to the departed of vandiekya (am half from there). May God grant their families the strenght to bear the loss.

Why am i not surprised,NL's resident junk bag is here as usual drooling all over the place.
Re: Church Collapses During Easter Vigil In Benue. 40 Killed by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 08, 2012
God knws all
Re: Church Collapses During Easter Vigil In Benue. 40 Killed by 3kay945(m): 1:42pm On Apr 08, 2012
Are people really Resting in Peace after death? But it sorrowful and worrisome when people die like chicken in churches! Somethings have gone wrong in this country. The situation of things is the ripple effect of the evil called CORRUPTION
Re: Church Collapses During Easter Vigil In Benue. 40 Killed by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 08, 2012
RIP to every soul that is involve.this was not a good sign.lord be mercyful
Re: Church Collapses During Easter Vigil In Benue. 40 Killed by IYANGBALI: 2:08pm On Apr 08, 2012
na winsh cause am
Re: Church Collapses During Easter Vigil In Benue. 40 Killed by philipstanley(m): 2:09pm On Apr 08, 2012
Am scared of 9ja new nowadays. Wat may happen next? RIP
Re: Church Collapses During Easter Vigil In Benue. 40 Killed by Smart007i(m): 2:26pm On Apr 08, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe: Sovereign National Conference should be held and Nigeria should be split up. It is time for BOKO HARAM to have their Islamic Republic. The West can have their own Republic, Southsouth Republic, Biafra East Republic and Middlebelt Republic. That is the best solution i can envisage.
Did u even read the post ?
Re: Church Collapses During Easter Vigil In Benue. 40 Killed by IYANGBALI: 2:27pm On Apr 08, 2012
Smart007i: Did u even read the post ?
no mind the guy
Re: Church Collapses During Easter Vigil In Benue. 40 Killed by damilola15: 2:28pm On Apr 08, 2012
reagand200: A Catholic church building in the Village of Adamgbe, Mbayongo Vandeikya Local Government area of Benue collapsed at about 9:45 PM tonight killing some 30 villagers who were worshipping during the Easter vigil night at the church.

Na wah for the reporter.
Anyway, may the dead rest in peace.
Re: Church Collapses During Easter Vigil In Benue. 40 Killed by WebSurfer(m): 2:30pm On Apr 08, 2012
sylve11: cool must something terrible happens every festive period?

rip to the dead!
why won't it, when christains won't serve God in the right way?
Re: Church Collapses During Easter Vigil In Benue. 40 Killed by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 08, 2012
Our incompetent GEJ is just sucking human blood in his silly regime. Smh
Re: Church Collapses During Easter Vigil In Benue. 40 Killed by juman(m): 3:16pm On Apr 08, 2012
Unfortunate.

The poor villagers just died like that.

The so called leaders will cry and cry when they see all people they "killed" when they themselves die.
Re: Church Collapses During Easter Vigil In Benue. 40 Killed by 3kay945(m): 3:30pm On Apr 08, 2012
kayusfit: Our incompetent GEJ is just sucking human blood in his silly regime. Smh
He got nothin to offer.
Re: Church Collapses During Easter Vigil In Benue. 40 Killed by krisokuweh(m): 4:01pm On Apr 08, 2012
Wao is so sad to hear about such building collapse in a place as such but God will giv succur to the needy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Army Re-opens Borno Highways Three Years After Closure / The Entire World Is Watching Ikpeazu With His Delay Tactics- Ogah / Nobody Can Force Buhari To Disclose His Ailment — Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.