Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,823 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? (3005 Views)

10 Types Of People You Will See On Nairaland{New Version} / Could This Be One Of Nairaland New Year Resolution? / Systematic Posting of new Topics Based on Events (2) (3) (4)

Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? by MrGlobe(m): 7:36am On Apr 08, 2012
Seun Abeg Where's The 'New Topics' Section?

That section is my first point of call when I come to Nairaland but now am seeing active topics, trending topics and recent posts which are all different names of the same section. Please kindly restore the 'New Topics' section. It is the most essential section in Nairaland. Ejoor.

Concerned Nairaland Members

Re: Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? by Seun(m): 1:32pm On Apr 08, 2012
What do you use the New Topic section for? I felt active topics would be more interesting to people?
Re: Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? by MrGlobe(m): 7:40am On Apr 09, 2012
Seun: What do you use the New Topic section for? I felt active topics would be more interesting to people?
No, actually, active topics, trending topics and recent posts are almost the same sections. We need 'new topics' because at times most threads are very useful but may not get much replies or even need replies to make it active. And I bet you, a greater percentage of NLanders check out the new topics section for breaking news across all sections. If you need active topics, it wont hurt to still chip in new topics. It is very much needed.
Thanks in advance
I mean can someone add a vote to this!

Re: Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? by LogicMind: 8:17am On Apr 09, 2012
oily soup affects brain cells
Re: Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? by MrGlobe(m): 12:11pm On Apr 09, 2012
^
youself. lol. Seun abeg we are still waiting oh. Pls give it a thought and get on my page. I need more people to join this discussion. What do y'all think?
Re: Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? by REMMEI(m): 12:37pm On Apr 09, 2012
Mr. Globe:

No, actually, active topics, trending topics and recent posts are almost the same sections. We need 'new topics' because at times most threads are very useful but may not get much replies or even need replies to make it active. And I bet you, a greater percentage of NLanders check out the new topics section for breaking news across all sections. If you need active topics, it wont hurt to still chip in new topics. It is very much needed.
Thanks in advance
I mean can someone add a vote to this!
on point!

Re: Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? by Seun(m): 12:39pm On Apr 09, 2012
So should I remove the Active Topic section and replace it with the original New Topic section?
Re: Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? by kombats: 12:42pm On Apr 09, 2012
Mr globe or wat u call urself pls kindly speak for urself
Re: Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? by Aizebioje(m): 12:53pm On Apr 09, 2012
Yes please.the new topic should be replace.its way more important.THANKS SEUN.
Re: Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? by zugoboss(m): 12:59pm On Apr 09, 2012
Mr Globe God bless you. I thought of starting a topic on this till I saw it. New topics section has always been the first point of call for most peeps, u get more information & breaking news on time & it cuts across all section. Unlike this new trending & active bla bla bla that has the same topic on for days makin it boring. It has reduce the frequency at which I come on NL,cos I cant be going round all the sections left wit no choice but to just stare at the old topics on the front page & active & trending.....
Suen I use God beg u bring back the New topics oooooo!!!!!! & Remove either trending or active topics cos I no see any difference

Re: Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? by ayusbobs(m): 1:07pm On Apr 09, 2012
Pls how can i strt a topic?
Re: Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? by halfcurrent(m): 1:09pm On Apr 09, 2012
kombats: Mr globe or wat u call urself pls kindly speak for urself

Bros, This sort of comment/response is unwarranted.
Messer Globe has only made a contribution which is open for discussion. All you need do is to either make your contribution (for or against the suggestion/contribution) or simply ignore thread. Please let's promote friendly discussions and not making comments that will only lead to unnecessary quarrels and fighting on NL.
For me; I totally agree with Messer Globe’s suggestion on re-introducing New Topics.

Re: Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 09, 2012
Oga seun.....
Please restore d new topic link..
I only use d new topic/recent posts/updated topic links..
PleAse bring it back.
Re: Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? by zugoboss(m): 1:22pm On Apr 09, 2012
Trending topics, u still see 6yrs ago topics. Wtf!
Re: Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? by ITbomb(m): 1:32pm On Apr 09, 2012
I feel treading topics and active topics are almost the same , take out active topics for new topics.
My 5kobo
Re: Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? by coolguy2002: 1:35pm On Apr 09, 2012
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. i see
Re: Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? by coolguy2002: 1:51pm On Apr 09, 2012
i think is hidden
Re: Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? by lexus1: 1:52pm On Apr 09, 2012
Yes, get rid of the theme has been solved can be for two years
[img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 09, 2012
Seun you can remove the trending and replace with new topics. The new topics link really is important and a point of first call to lots of people.

Thanks and kip up the gud job.
Re: Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 09, 2012
Seun: So should I remove the Active Topic section and replace it with the original New Topic section?
Not necessarily, you can just include the New Topic section whilst leaving the the Active Topic section for those who are into it too.

Re: Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? by LailaIkeji1: 3:00pm On Apr 09, 2012
blogger1.0:

Not necessarily, you can just include the New Topic section whilst leaving the the Active Topic section for those who are into it too.

i second this too. pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. the new topic section really makes a whole lot of sense. me too was looking for it.
Re: Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? by emsquare(m): 3:03pm On Apr 09, 2012
zugoboss: Trending topics, u still see 6yrs ago topics. Wtf!

Well said!
Re: Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? by Seun(m): 3:11pm On Apr 09, 2012
I want to know if anyone uses the Active Topic section. If it's not being used by anyone, then I will remove it.
Re: Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? by ogbongzky(m): 3:12pm On Apr 09, 2012
I think we even need to know what active, trending, recent and updated topics mean. Kinda confusing**

Re: Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? by unphilaz(m): 3:37pm On Apr 09, 2012
ogbongzky: I think we even need to know what active, trending, recent and updated topics mean. Kinda confusing**
i think this will be quite helpful for a start, maybe a two line sentence for each of the above might clear the air. So seun over to you
Re: Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? by unphilaz(m): 3:42pm On Apr 09, 2012
ogbongzky: I think we even need to know what active, trending, recent and updated topics mean. Kinda confusing**
Re: Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? by MrGlobe(m): 4:07pm On Apr 09, 2012
kombats: Mr globe or wat u call urself pls kindly speak for urself
I really speak for myself and 'concerned nairaland members' as I stated earlier. I dont speak for touts and frustrated riff-raffs like you. Funny how someone could just jump in, reply a thread without reading the posts. This dust brain sickness is real oh!! Lol
Re: Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? by Seun(m): 4:09pm On Apr 09, 2012
active - recently updated topics in the entire forum
trending - topics people are currently enjoying
Re: Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? by MrGlobe(m): 4:10pm On Apr 09, 2012
zugoboss: Trending topics, u still see 6yrs ago topics. Wtf!
LoooL
Re: Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? by MrGlobe(m): 4:10pm On Apr 09, 2012
Obviously, nobody is checking for active topics.
Re: Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? by Osama10(m): 4:13pm On Apr 09, 2012
Yeah most times its difficult even seeing a new topic. wink
Re: Where Is Nairaland's "New Topics" Section? by MrGlobe(m): 4:24pm On Apr 09, 2012
Seun: active - recently updated topics in the entire forum
trending - topics people are currently enjoying
what of recent posts?

Very Graphic: See Pics Of Boko Haram Militants Killed By Nigerian Troops / How To Watch Over 2,000 Free Dstv Channels On All Android & BB10 Phones / Emir Of Kano (sanusi) Sex Scandal (full Video)