Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,912 members, 7,824,822 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Is God An Advocate Of Murder? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God An Advocate Of Murder? (1534 Views)

Is God An He, She Or It / God: An Atheist Perspective / "The Fool Says In His Heart there is no god. " An Atheist's Response. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God An Advocate Of Murder? by Olisa74(m): 9:13am On Apr 08, 2012
If you look in the Bible, there are an amazing number of people that God wants his followers to murder. For example, in Exodus 35:2 God lays down this commandment:

For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.

Think about that how many people work on the Sabbath -- all the employees in convenience stores, power plants, airlines, hospitals, emergency services and on and on and on. Don't rabbis, priests and preachers work on the Sabbath? God wants all of them dead.

Then look at Deut 21:18-21. It says:

If someone has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey his father and mother, who does not heed them when they discipline him, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his town at the gate of that place. They shall say to the elders of his town, ‘This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a glutton and a drunkard.’ Then all the men of the town shall stone him to death. So you shall purge the evil from your midst; and all Israel will hear, and be afraid.

That is a whole lot of teenagers that we need to kill.

Then there is Leviticus 20:13:

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them.

All homosexuals need to be killed. What about this:

If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbour, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall be put to death.

That's a lot of people who need to be killed.

Does that mean that God is an advocate of murder?
Re: Is God An Advocate Of Murder? by LogicMind: 10:15am On Apr 08, 2012
this post has been hidden
Re: Is God An Advocate Of Murder? by logicboy: 11:19am On Apr 08, 2012
God loves murder.

He is the destroyer of gays, unbelievers and 1st born children.

[img]http://i.qkme.me/362993.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Is God An Advocate Of Murder? by Callotti: 2:25pm On Apr 08, 2012
Not only an advocate, but the divine architect of murderous rage and rampage! kiss
One of the natures of this 'God' I have a big problem with.
Yet some will tell you 'God is love'!
With all the bloodshed in that book called 'The Bible'. . .I find that an extremely bitter pill to swallow.
One of the reasons I will continue to reject Christianity!

Reading the Old Testament for one. . . I really got sick and tired of God asking 'WHO WILL GO FOR US'?

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here am I. Send me!” (Isaiah 6:8, NASB)

Good for you Isaiah my good man! cheesy I din' hear noffin'!
Please don sen me. . .for I ain't goin' nowhere!
Shyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeee. . .
Re: Is God An Advocate Of Murder? by LogicMind: 7:11pm On Apr 08, 2012
Callotti: Not only an advocate, but the divine architect of murderous rage and rampage! :*
One of the natures of this 'God' I have a big problem with.
Yet some will tell you 'God is love'!
With all the bloodshed in that book called 'The Bible'. . .I find that an extremely bitter pill to swallow.
One of the reasons I will continue to reject Christianity!

Reading the Old Testament for one. . . I really got sick and tired of God asking 'WHO WILL GO FOR US'?

Good for you Isaiah my good man! cheesy I din' hear noffin'!
Please don sen me. . .for I ain't goin' nowhere!
Shyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeee. . .

i can see how careful you are not to criticise islam
Re: Is God An Advocate Of Murder? by Callotti: 10:27pm On Apr 08, 2012
Logic Mind:

i can see how careful you are not to criticise islam

I don't know ANYTHING about Islam and frankly do not care to know.
Being born into the horrible cult of Christianity was bad enough.
They are both basically 2 sides or the same coin as in 'heads or tails'.
Islam can NEVER be worse than Christianity . . . THE WORST Religion in the world and many more to come! IMHO kiss
Re: Is God An Advocate Of Murder? by LogicMind: 11:44pm On Apr 08, 2012
god killed his own son for fuc.ks sake. you think he's going to think twice about others?
Re: Is God An Advocate Of Murder? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 22, 2012
Lol.. See as xtians avoid this thread like say na bullet..

Bump..
Re: Is God An Advocate Of Murder? by Rossikk(m): 11:04pm On Dec 22, 2012
@poster, YOUR PROBLEM STEMS FROM ACCEPTING WITHOUT QUESTION THAT THE CHARACTER REFERRED TO AS 'GOD' IN THE JEWISH BIBLE ACTUALLY IS GOD.

There's no reason at all to accept that claim. And the fact that coercive threats of 'hellfire' and 'damnation' are associated with NOT accepting the claim outright should only make you more convinced of its fraudulent nature, and to REJECT it entirely.

Don't forget that God the Creator was known to your ancestors long before christianity was imported. He was not known by our ancestors to order or commit any atrocities. The Jews and whites did not introduce Africans to God. Africans worshipped God long before there were any whites and Jews on this earth. What happened was that somewhere down the line, the latter introduced, via their bible, a character they CLAIMED was God - without a single shred of evidence. Why exactly should you believe them?
Re: Is God An Advocate Of Murder? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 22, 2012
musKeeto: Lol.. See as xtians avoid this thread like say na bullet..

Bump..

Aint it the truth!!!
Re: Is God An Advocate Of Murder? by wiegraf: 1:31am On Dec 23, 2012
Nothing to see here, hypocrites avoiding threads that expose them...
Wait, what?

1 Like

Re: Is God An Advocate Of Murder? by ooman(m): 1:34am On Dec 23, 2012
God is guilty of war crime and murder. If he exist, which I hope he does, whenever I catch him, I shall bring him to judgment and condemn him to death by electrocution.
Re: Is God An Advocate Of Murder? by jadajada: 8:46am On Dec 23, 2012
ooman: God is guilty of war crime and murder. If he exist, which I hope he does, whenever I catch him, I shall bring him to judgment and condemn him to death by electrocution.
Re: Is God An Advocate Of Murder? by AtheistD(m): 10:35am On Dec 23, 2012
To be honest this is one of the problems with Xtianity today, it is hard to take it seriously with the type of stuff they have in the Old Testament. Even I kept asking questions about the nature of God.

I think they need to do away with the Old Testament snd most of the New Testament too.
Re: Is God An Advocate Of Murder? by nakash: 11:40am On Dec 23, 2012
So is the God of xtians the same one as the god of islam Allah? Just asking.
Re: Is God An Advocate Of Murder? by AtheistD(m): 12:06pm On Dec 23, 2012
nakash: So is the God of xtians the same one as the god of islam Allah? Just asking.

Yes wink and the god of the jews

By the fruits of a tree will you know what type of tree we have.

What god inspires religious genocide on the scale of the abrahamic god?
Re: Is God An Advocate Of Murder? by Rossikk(m): 11:18pm On Dec 23, 2012
nakash: So is the God of xtians the same one as the god of islam Allah? Just asking.

Whether or not they're the same, the truth is, neither of them is God.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Question The Existence Of God / Giving Money To Beggars Isn’t Kindness, It’scruelty / Why Do People In Old Testament Live Longer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.